PDA

View Full Version : Now that my springs are installed.........

Jodster
07-28-2003, 06:15 PM
I have a few questions, when I finished with the install and lowered in down off the jack the back did not lower all the way. But after I took the car for a drive everything settled down in place. But two days ago when I rotated my tires and lowered the car down, the back was not lowered all the way. I had to take the car out for a drive and through some curves to settle everything back down. Anybody else have this problem? The car is fine until I rasie it and then I have to beat the crap out of it on curvy roads to settle everything down. I installed the spring correctly.

And one last question. When I turn my wheel althe way to the left or right I hear poping coming from the steering rack. What is making it do that? Is it because it is lwered and the tie rods are under pressure? Thanks.

-Jody

!@#$%
07-29-2003, 12:56 AM
the popping noise is from the strut housing not being lined up with the chassis. At the top of the housing, (by the three nuts under the hood) there should be a little white mark on the black piece. That white mark should be pointing toward the fenders and back at the doors. (diagonally). That is why the popping noises are occuring because when you turn the wheel that entire strut housing turns too. not sure about the uneven stuff. what kind of springs are they?

!@#$%
07-29-2003, 01:03 AM
here is a pic of my driver's side. this one is actually pointing straight out to the side.

!@#$%
07-29-2003, 01:04 AM
passenger side points out and more towards the door.

Jodster
07-29-2003, 08:33 AM
Thanks man. I'll have to check that out. The springs I installed are Nuespeed Race Springs. I bought them used from a member here.

ephatchback
07-29-2003, 04:19 PM
When you raise the car for more than a few minutes the springs decompress. When you drop the car again the springs won't recompress immediately, you have to drive the car around(usually no more than a block or two) for the springs to settle. To my knowledge all springs are like that to an extent. Nothing to worry about IMO.

Jodster
07-30-2003, 05:42 AM
Thanks guys.

TezGari
10-08-2003, 10:04 AM
So the white mark on the driver side is pointing to the fender (outter) and my passenger white mark is poining to the fender also (outter)..Here is the problem tho, my passenger side makes a bigggg clunking sound every time i turn my wheel (to the left and right)...Why is it still doing it? I even bought grese but i cant figure it out..

Brettnyt
10-08-2003, 07:32 PM
What kinda springs? Any pics?

TezGari
10-08-2003, 08:59 PM
I have to get pics soon...Thier TEIN S techs...

TezGari
10-08-2003, 11:38 PM
I got alotta pics of how my teins where installed i just need someone to post em for me, or look at them..THanks..:)

02SilverSiHB
10-09-2003, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by ephatchback
When you raise the car for more than a few minutes the springs decompress. When you drop the car again the springs won't recompress immediately, you have to drive the car around(usually no more than a block or two) for the springs to settle. To my knowledge all springs are like that to an extent. Nothing to worry about IMO.
agreed :D