PDA

View Full Version : How bad are stock tires??

TomR123
07-28-2003, 07:43 PM
Ok, I know that stock tires are bad. Noone believes me when I say they are garbage, but now I have proof. While rotating my tires at 5k miles I noticed that the front tires were worn down to the tread indicators. To me that is freakin rediculous. I dont peel out, drag race, or spin my wheels (except when its wet and its not my choice.) WTF caused these tires to wear down so easilly? Everyone I know has told me that michillen tires are some of the best tires money can buy. Is this just a case of bad OEM tires not quite to spec or do michillens all around suck the big one? I plan on replacing my tires very soon as I don't believe it to be safe having no tread on any end of the car.

sorry its a little long Im just a little pissed at Honda

chunky
07-28-2003, 08:11 PM
michelin makes good tires. you can't really expect an all season tire to be good at anything. it compromises dry performance to be good in the wet, and compromises both wet and dry performance to be good in the snow. so in general, any all season tires suck. but some people don't like to hassle with changing tires.

Michelin pilot sports are some of the best tires you can buy, but they are MONEY. you pay for high grip, low noise, and excellent quality control.

but other brands have tires that are just as good in terms of performance, but maybe not as quiet or with as high quality standards, but the price is a LOT less.

yokohama, bridgestone, bfgoodrich (which is owned by michelin now - the g-force kd is the ultimate dry weather tire for the most part, but it's noisy as hell).

civic hatch boi
07-28-2003, 08:22 PM
tires suck ass.