PDA

View Full Version : Type R body kit .....Questions

EP3racer
07-28-2003, 10:31 PM
I am thinking of getting a type R bodykit but don't got the money to paint it to TF white or to paint the Car to Champ. white. Does anybody know who close the TF white compare to the Champ. white? Need help!!! Thanks

Suk02Si
07-29-2003, 12:13 AM
Its not very close. Champ white is kind of yellowish/darker. TW is bright and cheery.

EP3racer
07-29-2003, 09:59 PM
i think I am going to get that anyway,
buying pieces at a time
starting with the front bumper and lip spoiler.
Thanks for the help anyway.

ViViDPeArL
07-30-2003, 07:04 PM
can't you just buy the front and rear lips only? or will the lips not fit USDM front and rear bumpers? i dunno why honda makes it so hard on themselves. they should just produce one model...the type r model, so they don't have to make all these different stupid thigns...such as wings, kits, shift boots...blah...stupid honda!

Mugen_EP
07-30-2003, 07:12 PM
The JDM lips do not fit the USDM bumpers. The bumpers are about an inch shorter so the lips will not fit.

ViViDPeArL
07-30-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
The JDM lips do not fit the USDM bumpers. The bumpers are about an inch shorter so the lips will not fit.

japanese people are so retarded....

ULTRAMANIA
07-30-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by ViViDPeArL

how are you going to say that they're retarded.. first of all that's marketing for ya.. ,second they rarely give the US if ever the chassis you're looking for in the exact same way as they have in japan.. i guess whereever the car is made from they want the creme of the crop.. it makes sense.. and third the US requires reinforcement supports for collisions going certain miles per hour which would make their bumper supports bigger or what not that would make the actual bumper bigger as well.

ssvr6
07-31-2003, 04:57 AM

File your complaint with the DOT.

Steve

SiR Medic
07-31-2003, 06:47 AM

Actually Japanese people don't have to comply with mandatory 3mph bumpers. US does. That's why US (and therefore ALL North America) must do with larger bumpers.

ViViDPeArL
07-31-2003, 08:23 AM
okay...japanese people aren't retarded....

stupid americans.......:confused: :eek:

Gasp23
07-31-2003, 08:28 AM
Now your thinking straight :D

No in reality you have to see that Americans are more safety oriented and stuff.

It's all good, it's all part of the mod your car game, if you car came all modded and stuff, you would be finding ways to make it more your own. At least that's what I would do. For example our fellow UK Type R owners are lowering it and changing the wheels that too me that's what I want to do, achieve the UK drop and the wheels. Funny how the mod bug always bites you :D