PDA

View Full Version : Well I got Cybernation's Stage III turbo under the hood now....

DC5@EM2
07-29-2003, 12:20 PM
I really dont know where to start. These guys at CN really know their stuff and work hard day AND night! I needed to be out of by sunday and they stayed up all night to get my car built, broken in, and dynoed. These guys are sick when it comes down to getting things done.

I want to thank Lee (the everything/anything k series extraordinaire), Simon (You are a killer motor builder!), Paul, Eric and everyone else (sorry I didnt catch everyone's names). You guys are all high class tuners. Also, Thanks again for putting up with my bothering you guys each day. I know that must of gotten annoying. I was/still just anxious to see what this motor can do. Actually I should say what this motor cant do!

All in all, if you want to get any power out of the k series motors, I urge you to go down to Ft. Lauderdale and have them work their magic.

Now for the numbers.......

When it came down to it all, at 25 psi......
425whp 350lbs. in a dyno room at 95 degrees with a hell of a lot of humidity.

And the thing is, is that on my type r ecu it has a 140 kmh (110 mph) fuel cut so once I figure a way around that it should get higher numbers on there too.

We also got a few runs in at 30 psi but werent able to get any numbers because of various things happen. One run we blew up a U bend hose in two and they had to make a solid U bend pipe just to handle that.

The next 30 psi run they did, they motor took the psi like a champ, but the BOV didnt like it at all and was catapulted because of the boost. Trust me, I wouldnt be surprized if those runs were well into the 500's whp.

Oh and the fact that at those high boost runs, the car was spinning the tires on dyno is something that cant be helped without getting new tires, which im gonna have to.

Sorry if all this info is too much, but its pretty amazing what can be done with these k series motors! Oh and just for you guys who dont know this is the setup on the car right now:

2002 Honda Civic EX (425whp 350lbs. so far.....)
K20A Type R Head and trans
K20A2 Type S block sleeved with darton sleeves
CN custom 9:1 Forged pistons and rods
550CC injectors
HKS SSBOV
Turbonetics Deltagate
Spearco Intercooler
A/F Ratio and Boost Gauges
Apexi SAFC II
CN's Black Magic ELF system

Well thats about it, I just want to thank everybody at CN for everything!

ssvr6
07-29-2003, 12:23 PM
Excellent! Congrats on the kit!

Steve

PoRT
07-29-2003, 12:36 PM
wow..................speechless

Mad02Si
07-29-2003, 12:49 PM
Woah. When the guy from there posted that there was a Ex down there with an k20 swap from ILL I knew it had to be you. Awesome numbers. Cant you have you ecu reflashed to bypass the cut off? That limit must come up pretty fast. And how was the drive down, and back? I have plated the seed in my head that next year is my time to get serious about this turbo thing..

02TafWhtSi
07-29-2003, 04:13 PM
Totally kick ass. It sounds like those guys really do know their stuff! I'm a bit surprised it can handle up to 25psi though. Was a lot of internal work done beforehand?

ssvr6
07-29-2003, 06:05 PM
Stage III RSX Turbo kit

Upgraded pistons, rods, sleeves, springs & retainers and Cybernation wide 450+whp at 25psi starts at $8995

Steve

siver-SI
07-29-2003, 08:18 PM
I am thinking of doing a Stage II for my Stock EP motor but I have been wondering should I look for a RSX motor instead for the job and drop that in my EP? Also I know the Stage II kit I can do in my shop since it is just upgraded pistons and rods, but I am guessing a stage III I would have to have a shop do it to install the sleeves. I would like to hear a report on how the stage III is for every day driving. I want to have a Turbo that will do well on the street and track and my engine can still get about 100,000 miles on it after the tear down and upgrades.

ssvr6
07-29-2003, 08:28 PM
I should be at stage III by next year (if not, at least stage II). I'm sure that there will be other stage III EP's by then.

Steve

02SilverSiHB
07-29-2003, 08:30 PM
damn! that is ssooooooooo sweet! :p I feel sorry for those that pull up next to and have no clue :D

siver-SI
07-29-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
damn! that is ssooooooooo sweet! :p I feel sorry for those that pull up next to and have no clue :D

I know my first thing would be to get a young kid in a SS next to me and just make him see my hatch go. I also want to see some 1/4 mile times. :) What do you all think it will be around? I am not good with times yet but I am thinking 11 or 10's maybe?

Civicvtec1ps
07-29-2003, 08:52 PM
probabaly around 11 range , maybe low 12
anyways. again. great job on everything .
i hope to see you around sometimes

EP33
07-29-2003, 11:52 PM
Preface: I am not trying to be a smart ass or hate on your upgrades.

How long do you and your tuner expect your motor, half shafts, and tranny to last?

I know how you drive will make or break (no pun intended) your motor. . .so let's just say you can't control yourself and go crazy 70% of the time through 1st, 2nd, 3rd (that would be me:D)
how much of your dependability is jeopardized for acid type rushes of boost:)

BTW, that is a SHI* load of super dope stanky feet and ass power. . . congrats.

Thanks for doing the R&D for us all here interested in boost. . .you must step on your nuts when you walk.

Sincerely Good Luck & Be Safe

You better go see Docofmind for some dual 4 piston calipers on 17" rotors for the left and right front:p

ssvr6
07-30-2003, 04:38 AM
The motor is built, the tranny has an upgraded clutch and flywheel IIRC, and you don't break axles just racing people on the street. (If you do, we need to talk. ;))

The transmission is fine with just an upgraded clutch, the gearing may need to upgraded to a better material if he plans on racing a lot, but for a street car, it's fine. (Unless you're slamming the gears, if so, we need to talk. ;))

This car is great!

Congrats again,

Steve

DC5@EM2
07-30-2003, 08:41 AM
Well see the thing is that Im gonna need to get better tires, but if i get too sticky of a tire, i might start having trans/axle problems. But as it is right now, my parada spec 2's are slipping like a bitch and i need something better in the traction dept. Ill figure out something. Thanks again for props guys.

surfsi
07-31-2003, 07:04 PM
Hey forget the name,not the car;Congrats on your crazy car, wish I could have stayed one more day to see that thing get tuned. I'm sure your happier than a pig in shit, boost is such a different animal than N/A. I know you have those big brembos and have o use 17s, but I'm sure you'll find a good street slick so to post some crazy times. Good luck with your SRT. and not the neon! Rob.

tony speed
08-01-2003, 01:39 PM
crazy man. totally crazy. What size wheels and kind of tires do you have? Maybe you should go for a broader width tire as well???

I can't wait till I get a stage 3 as well. I'm building up from the bottom, dedicating 2 1/2 years to suspension including...wheels, tires, sway, bushings, bars, brakes, and hopefully a limited slip. Then I'm gonna prepare for the turbo drop with a new radiator, lines, and a vented hood.

Congratulations. Post some 11s when you change those tires!!

siver-SI
08-01-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by tony speed

I can't wait till I get a stage 3 as well. I'm building up from the bottom, dedicating 2 1/2 years to suspension including...wheels, tires, sway, bushings, bars, brakes, and hopefully a limited slip. Then I'm gonna prepare for the turbo drop with a new radiator, lines, and a vented hood.

Congratulations. Post some 11s when you change those tires!!

I am about in that same time range and working on my suspention right now. What is the point of a turbo if your car can not handle it. I am paying off my bills like mad so I can pay off my car fast and then I will have my Turbo money. I think that will be in about 2 1/2-3 years. I do not know if I am going to do a stage II or now reading this post a Stage III. I want a car for daily driving but I want my turbo upgrade to be reliable. I guess I will have to see what Stages will be CARB legal when I go to upgrade.

DC5@EM2
08-03-2003, 06:53 PM
Ive got more pics up now so go check them out. They are here (http://www.hondawerx.com/swap.htm)

siver-SI
08-03-2003, 06:58 PM
Looks good man. How is it for daily driving?

Mad02Si
08-04-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by siver-SI

I guess I will have to see what Stages will be CARB legal when I go to upgrade. You live in Ill why do you care about CARB standards? I'm sure if its tuned right it would pass ILL emissions. And I hope to heve a equity loan by next year so I can pay off my credit cards, and sit money aside for a rainy day, and money aside for my turbo install

esmith13
08-04-2003, 08:20 AM
Awsome dude!! Good luck with it!!!

Can you do me a favor, tho??

Can you go spank some Evo's, STI's and Mach1 Mustang's on the street for me?? Oh and while your at it a few total humiliations of some GTI's would be nice too... Those bastards have it in for us.... ;)

Eric

EP33
08-04-2003, 10:02 PM
DC5@EM2 your car looks :angel:

but it's pure

E V I L

I was looking at your upgrades & saying to myself WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF.

Can you do me a favor, tho??

Get some of those ass whoppings you'll be administering on video and post them for us:D