PDA

View Full Version : next upgrade recommendations

tony speed
07-29-2003, 03:59 PM
what do you think I should get next? Anyone have any opinions on which sway bars are good?

apexi' rev/speed meter
mugen sway bar??? - $$$
comptech sway bar - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
j's racing engine damper

EP3_DC5
07-29-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by tony speed
what do you think I should get next? Anyone have any opinions on which sway bars are good?

apexi' rev/speed meter
mugen sway bar??? - $$$
comptech sway bar - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
j's racing engine damper

What are your current mods?

Hotchkis or Progress sways. I am getting Hotchkis with endlinks for my RSX-s. My gf is gonna get Progress most likely, cause she has progress springs on her EP.

AlBlueCar
07-29-2003, 05:18 PM
Instead of getting just strut bars, you should do what I'm gonna do and get the D3 Chassis Kit. I talked to one of the designers for about a half hour and the kit sounds great. Still kinda expensive though- ~$475. Our if you just want a strut tower bar, find one that connects the struts to the firewall, or else your struts will just move together instead of moving separately.(Not that much better) If they are connected to the firewall, they are attached to the chassis and they flex ALOT less than they would with just a strut bar. That's my advice.:D

tony speed
07-30-2003, 09:02 AM
my current mods are:
tein flex coilovers
ssr type-c wheels
pirelli supersport tires
AEM CAI.

Yeah....I was thinking about the D3 kit as well. I have my reservations though.
1. Do our cars really need that much chassis stiffening. I thought we had a solid steel frame.
2. Won't that much stiffening add lots of wieght to the car?
3. Does it come with a good quality thick rear sway bar

I was definitely getting the front strut bar that connects to the firewall.

Civicvtec1ps
07-30-2003, 09:14 AM
buy rsx sway bar (19mm). new bushing.cheap ebay low tie bar(work good as others).neuspeed front strut bar,x bar
all about supension baby

AlBlueCar
07-30-2003, 09:16 AM
The chassis stiffening kit information is here k7fx.com/d3/. It shouldn't add alot of weight to our cars but it will still stiffen up our chassis. I think I could use the stiifer chassis because when the car turns, it still tends to lean, even with new shocks and springs. I'm told it's almost as god as having a roll cage, only without interior bars across the doors and in the middle of the car. All the bars look nice too. :D

fsugatorbait
07-30-2003, 10:00 AM
I just installed the Neuspeed rear sway with tie combo. Words cant explain how much stiffer the rear of the car feels. The bar shipped from Tornactive was just under $300, but was worth every penny performance wise. The bar is 22mm which is a considerable difference over stock 15mm, side by side the Neuspeed bar makes our stock bar look like something off a micro machine. Definately recommend.:D

EP3_DC5
07-30-2003, 02:19 PM
my current mods are:
tein flex coilovers
ssr type-c wheels
pirelli supersport tires
AEM CAI.

Yeah....I was thinking about the D3 kit as well. I have my reservations though.
1. Do our cars really need that much chassis stiffening. I thought we had a solid steel frame.
2. Won't that much stiffening add lots of wieght to the car?
3. Does it come with a good quality thick rear sway bar

I was definitely getting the front strut bar that connects to the firewall.

Definately get a rear sway bar......be it either Comptech or Neuspeed.....they will all feel about the same..... It will feel really nice since you have the Tein Flex.
Get a Neuspeed or Comptech front strut bar.
Personally I would get an exhaust next just to round out the performance and the looks end a little first.

tony speed
07-30-2003, 02:41 PM
I'm holding off on the exhaust because i'm planning on getting a turbo sometime in the next 4 years. I think that my exhaust choice may be affected by turbo, but maybe not. I know that for a turbo...the piping should probably be 2.5 - 3 inches. But on a naturally aspirated car, 3 inches of pipe would cause a bit of a problem. See what I'm saying? I don't even know how much of a choice I have when I'm choosing a cat-back.

another thing i'm a bit worried about is the fact that my car does not understeer anymore when I have the dampening on the very high settings (i can do corners I used to do at 80 at 100mph now). If I stick a huge rear sway bar in....won't my car start to oversteer....yikes...

EP3_DC5
07-30-2003, 06:21 PM
I'm holding off on the exhaust because i'm planning on getting a turbo sometime in the next 4 years. I think that my exhaust choice may be affected by turbo, but maybe not. I know that for a turbo...the piping should probably be 2.5 - 3 inches. But on a naturally aspirated car, 3 inches of pipe would cause a bit of a problem. See what I'm saying? I don't even know how much of a choice I have when I'm choosing a cat-back.

another thing i'm a bit worried about is the fact that my car does not understeer anymore when I have the dampening on the very high settings (i can do corners I used to do at 80 at 100mph now). If I stick a huge rear sway bar in....won't my car start to oversteer....yikes...

Get front and rear sways and do some tuning, it will make a big difference.