PDA

View Full Version : Power folding mirrors = the here

Type X
07-29-2003, 05:13 PM
look identical to stock just finished testing them out on a a posi and negi batt and they fold and unfold :)

gonna do the wiring tomorrow than drop them off at the paint shop

me =:D

stubbs
07-29-2003, 05:15 PM
Why?

SinisterCivicSi
07-29-2003, 05:16 PM
mike......your car is almost gettin as hott as you.;)

IchBinEinSiR
07-29-2003, 05:17 PM
Why not?

Cool...

Type X
07-29-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by stubbs
Why?

why ZR1 rims. . . they world may never know

:D

stubbs
07-29-2003, 05:19 PM
I only put the ZR1 rims on because they are 11" wide and fit the 315's. If it doesn't help cornering, braking, acceleration basically if it doesn't make a difference on the track, 1/4 mile or roadracing.........it's rice.

TrippZ
07-29-2003, 05:21 PM
too much free cash hangin' around

dont forget to get a video clip ;)

haha man i wish i had the $ for that kinda stuff

civic hatch boi
07-29-2003, 05:21 PM
that's the dumbest definition of rice i've ever heard stubbs... true i think the folding mirror is useless and would never buy one myself even if i had the cash.. but still, its not rice.

Type X
07-29-2003, 05:22 PM
I only put the ZR1 rims on because they are 11" wide and fit the 315's. If it doesn't help cornering, braking, acceleration basically if it doesn't make a difference on the track, 1/4 mile or roadracing.........it's rice.

well i guess i am a ricer than
:shrug:

but i get laid regularly so the rice > me:'(

Kwazie
07-29-2003, 05:23 PM
dont hate :confused: who are you to say its rice... if he can afford it let him buy it :p like he said in another post it aint hurting his bank account :D wish i was like that...;) i wanna be LIKE MIKE :D

stubbs
07-29-2003, 05:23 PM
To me rice is all show, wings, bodykits and the like. All that cash could have been put to better use in actually building a nice car that would get resect, not something people laugh at when it looses a race to an SUZ.

SubliminalSi
07-29-2003, 05:24 PM
:o

Type X
07-29-2003, 05:25 PM
To me rice is all show, wings, bodykits and the like. All that cash could have been put to better use in actually building a nice car that would get resect, not something people laugh at when it looses a race to an SUZ.

we could get into a battle of perf > looks all day
but mention it again and i will edit all your replys to i love type x

XOXOX
- Mike

stubbs
07-29-2003, 05:28 PM
Yes you are right we proabably argue it all day. I am a performance guy from way back. I have done roadracing for many years now and I guess you expect everyone to see things like you do, but the many sides of the auto hobby is truely what makes it intresting.

SinisterCivicSi
07-29-2003, 05:33 PM
funny how you call it rice but your trollin on a honda board and you own a vette. dont come in here knockin on someone cause he (or she) chooses to fix up his car the way he wants. sorry, but power mirrors are not rice......dont hate cause he has the money to do so. these mirrors are the furthest thing from rice.....do you even know what that means?

have some respect. rice would be a ugly ass metal spoiler or flames in his tint.....get a clue.

BlackFL2k2Si
07-29-2003, 05:40 PM
How are they the furthest thing from rice? It's not like we are in Japan where those are actually USEFUL due to their tight spots. They could be considered basically "jDm RiCe" because, yes, they are jdm and all, but they serve no use here. Actually Mike, you can now play that Ludicris song "Act a Fool" (2F2F theme song) because your side mirrors "flap like a fawking bird.":D

stubbs
07-29-2003, 05:43 PM
Sinister read the sig one more time, yes thats right look at the bottom line, try the troll card on some one else.

SinisterCivicSi
07-29-2003, 05:49 PM
in case you all dont know about x he is going for all show so to speak.....his car isnt for speed or whatever everyone else is going for. if he is going for looks and style then the mirrors are ok in that aspect. granted they wont give him 50 hp but thats not his thang.

and stubbs....if you own a honda then have some respect. a comment like that is expected from a import hater.

so let me be clear

IMO they are fly. to each his own.

stubbs
07-29-2003, 05:54 PM
There are a lot of hondas I love. It is not an import or domestic thing at all. I say the same things to guys I know who do that stuff to their Camaros and Mustangs. I am just a performance guy. I'm not saying don't ever do that stuff, I just think you should have something to back up the looks first. My lord how much I have spent on radios, but that was after I took care of pumping up that power.

SinisterCivicSi
07-29-2003, 05:57 PM
but thats you......what you do isnt what everyone else does. trust me i understand. my car is totally stock other than my performance mods, i wanted go before show so i can respect what your sayin.....but what x goes for is show.....and you cant fault him for that.....give love when its due.....he is doin a nice job imo.

Peace

ssvr6
07-29-2003, 06:03 PM
Well, I'm 99.9% performance. Do I get to buy some "look nice" mods now? Am I allowed? :rolleyes:

Steve

SinisterCivicSi
07-29-2003, 06:06 PM
LOL

STEVE DO WHAT YOU DO BABY!;)

stubbs
07-29-2003, 06:06 PM
Like I said I am not against looks mods as long as you have anything for speed even a CAI. It's just when I see a car with 10k in looks mods and the guy never even changed the stock wires that I just roll my eyes and walk away.

Civicvtec1ps
07-29-2003, 06:17 PM
too funny
type x
sweet! cant wait to see final pics!

ULTRAMANIA
07-29-2003, 07:23 PM
nice mod.. hey.. if typex likes it then its all fair game... but personally i wouldn't get that even if i had the money.. i'm not all about making my car look like a stock car.. sure.. its not stock here in the US.. but if someone from japan saw that, they would be like "cool CTR.. but wait.. it isn't.." i dunno.. cool mod, have fun with it...

streaker666
07-29-2003, 07:33 PM
Man, those things must be the best non-performance mod...I wonder how the girls would love the new moving parts!

IceD out N CALI
07-29-2003, 07:41 PM
big baller-got cash galore

TezGari
07-29-2003, 07:56 PM
Me=:(

By the way, i think if your happy with your car thats all that matters.....

Ok enough of the BS,
Just as long as your car look sleek, its ok....Not to bold and crazy....Just sleek....JDM....:p

golferjn
07-29-2003, 08:12 PM
yum, power folding mirrors. mad props type x

Team
07-29-2003, 08:59 PM
Yes you are right we proabably argue it all day. I am a performance guy from way back. I have done roadracing for many years now and I guess you expect everyone to see things like you do, but the many sides of the auto hobby is truely what makes it intresting.

Haha sorry you made me laugh when you said "I have done roadracing for many years" Sorry bro I give you no respect for street racing, in my opinion you need to grow up....

Adam

icegrill
07-29-2003, 09:02 PM
I love type x threads. Where's the Haterade when you need it??

;)

chubbychu
07-29-2003, 09:13 PM
if he didnt tell you....you wouldnt even know its "what you call" rice

Sb00
07-29-2003, 09:13 PM
road racing is not street racing

i.e. road courses at a speedway = road racing

totally diffrent thing :) just thought i'd mention that :)

road racing = teh shiznit

Go_EP_Go
07-29-2003, 09:15 PM
i personally think the folding mirrors r very pimp...i wish i could afford em and all but yeah he just wants to be different and go for what he likes and we get what ur trying to say stubbs but damn u sound like ur trying to convert us like those door 2 door jehovah witness' trying to convert "infidels":p

o and if there r jehovah witness' readin this i kidding:D

Team
07-29-2003, 09:16 PM
Sorry but where I come from.... people that street race call it Road racing.. sorry for the confusion...

Adam

HondaMan
07-29-2003, 10:20 PM
Nice! Looking good bro! :)

stubbs,
You don't know Jack! The mirrors are JDM not rice and Type X plans to do performance/go mods but after he is finished with his show mods. So, don't open your ignorant piehole unless you the owner's master plan or what you are actually talking about i.e. the difference between rice & JDM. :rolleyes:

stubbs
07-29-2003, 10:38 PM
I road race not street race. I have been to 14 driving schools including Skip Barber and Bob Bondurant. I have raced Limerock, Watkins Glen, Willow Springs, Pheonix International and Laguna Seca to mention a few. That is where I get my modifacation priority list from. Will it help me on the course, if it wont, I don't need it. Excluding the radio mods, but I also drive to these events so I need something for the long roadtrips.

Suk02Si
07-29-2003, 10:57 PM
This thread went to crap pretty quick :(

Type X
07-29-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by icegrill
I love type x threads. Where's the Haterade when you need it??

;)

till everyones blue in the face they can tell me to buy a 200 dollar piece of pipe
they can blow it out their butt :)

when i am ready to do the performance aspect of my car

"which is still being decided"

you can believe me that it won't be
1. for a kid on the net with a 16yr old vette and a 11 yr old civic hatch
2. for anyone BUT me

whether its a fully built swap with turbo, a all motor setup
OR just supercharging my stock motor

whatever i decide will be more than I H E and i can promise u the car will boogy

but again

i like my car i think its a pretty clean, and better than stock daily driver :)

and personally i think rolling into ANYWHERE and folding in my mirrors with the touch of a button =

:p

its my $ i will do what i damn well please with it

and i will bet u 1000 dollars that when i am done with my EP
i will make the majority of my $ back on it

selling the parts
cause everypart i buy is hard to get AND not cheap shit

End of Rant

- Mike

PS - Thanks to all the Lovers
and i can't hate the haters cause i am the King H8R :cool:

Makross
07-29-2003, 11:23 PM
type x uses money to whipe his ass thats WHY

Type X
07-29-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Makross
type x uses money to whipe his ass thats WHY

lol Overtime is the Key;)

ssvr6
07-30-2003, 04:40 AM
Roadracing = Autox and tracks with other cars

He's not a street racer.

Steve

EKthenEPnow
07-30-2003, 05:39 AM

Why are you here again?

audomatik
07-30-2003, 05:48 AM
i wish i had the money to get jdm folding mirrors... thats tits, why rag on someone with a nice car... do you see him ragging on your Vette? oh... thats cause it looks like poop... don't be jealous because he gets attention with his jaw dropping (but relatively stock in the performance aspect) car while you sit there with your car that has what 350-400 whp but looks like total ass... why not try and get a better body style, something. i mean you can get those Vettes at flea markets for $3000 and a case of beer. why not spend your money on a new car and let X spend his money on his jdm power folding mirrors...

:: breathe ::

nice mirrors, no doubt they're gonna look hot, but why do you need to send white mirrors to the paint shop to put on a white car? i guess they're a little abused...

ssvr6
07-30-2003, 05:56 AM
Because Championship white doesn't match Tafetta White. (Ala CTR white.)

Steve

IchBinEinSiR
07-30-2003, 06:47 AM
You think that people could have differing opinions without putting down other people...

The folding mirrors are a neat little piece of hardware. The hardest part for me (besides putting aside the funds) would be incorporating both the heated and folding mirrors (I have the SiR).

Again, nice mod...

SdRaWKcaBsSA
07-30-2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Team

Haha sorry you made me laugh when you said "I have done roadracing for many years" Sorry bro I give you no respect for street racing, in my opinion you need to grow up....

Adam

Huh? Road racing? Street racing? The same? Don't think so. Somebody clarify. Thought road racing was/is done on a track. Maybe, I just dont understand. Afterall, look at my screenname.

audomatik
07-30-2003, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
Because Championship white doesn't match Tafetta White. (Ala CTR white.)

Steve

I knew that... i completely forgot the type-rs are championship white... thanks for reminding me... if only i would've thought about it for like 10 seconds...

hamproof
07-30-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by IchBinEinSiR
The folding mirrors are a neat little piece of hardware. The hardest part for me (besides putting aside the funds) would be incorporating both the heated and folding mirrors (I have the SiR).

Again, nice mod...

You Canadians are finally getting an upper hand over us :D I wish the USDM has heated mirrors. It's a God sent in the winter months. I don't care too much for folding mirrors but heated and self-dimming PLUS turn signals incorporated would be cool.

BlasTech
07-30-2003, 07:19 AM
Personally, I'd love to have power folding mirrors. If you saw my garage, you'd see what I mean (2 civic hatches, tons of tools, mower, laundry machines, tables, filing cabinets). I manually fold my mirror down every day, so I can easily get by with my laptop and coffee the next morning, when Im groggy.

Also, sometimes in public garages, you have to slip by concret columns to get into spots.

ALSO, sometimes, like at my parents house, there is a problem with insane birds pecking your mirrors to death if you dont fold them in.

I'd love to have power mirrors for the usefulness, not the looks, I mean, they look stock anyway. :-p

Anyway, for those who dont know, Road Racing is not Street Racing. I respect stubbs for being a true racer, but I disagree that this mod is rice... I think its a very practical gadget, just like power locks.

IchBinEinSiR
07-30-2003, 07:42 AM
Amen:

I disagree that this mod is rice... I think its a very practical gadget, just like power locks. - BlasTech

SiR Medic
07-30-2003, 08:16 AM
I love the folding mirrors!

Pimpinest pimp mod that ever a pimp pimped! http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/drallen/public_html/hat.gif

Hey stubbs... I LOVE the 'vette... But why do you have to come down on a guy like that? Although you justify the ZR-1 rims because they are wider, would it not have been cheaper to get a good aftermarket set?:o

Mike is obviously going for the "Ultimate JDM" style... And that is more than respectable. You obviously go for the "pure performance" style... And I think we can all respect that as well.

Remember, true "rice" is something that is CHEAP and useless, like stickers, strobes, and neon pedals. These mirrors are authentic and they add that extra "JDMness" that Mike wants.

If you really want to justify them... Well... The side mirrors, when folded in, reduce the total frontal area of the car, thereby improving aerodynamics!;)

fsugatorbait
07-30-2003, 08:31 AM
wow, what a way to make an impression on a board...sorry guy, but you picked with the wrong 'ricer':rolleyes: to bump heads with. X could put an aluminum park bench on his car and get the majority of the board to agree with him that it looks good if he wanted to. Folding mirrors arent APC P.O.S. that dont serve a purpose. They are a real JDM piece that would set his car apart from 99.9% of every USDM car out there. Cars are a hobby that can be tailored to many different types of mod'ers. To some, they might say that you are rice for putting all of those "performance" mods on your car and not doing anything to make it stand out from the rest, appearance wise. Now im not taking sides on this because I have resepct for both angles, but as a word to the wise, on this board you wanna know who your messing with. Just my .02:)

<end rant>

EPHatchgirl
07-30-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by SiR Medic
I love the folding mirrors!

Pimpinest pimp mod that ever a pimp pimped!

If you really want to justify them... Well... The side mirrors, when folded in, reduce the total frontal area of the car, thereby improving aerodynamics!;)

ROTFLMAO:D

BlackNRedSi
07-30-2003, 09:20 AM
Dear loard, all this over what X said about the mirrors...

I personally think they come into good use, why wouldnt they?

Instead of having to push and fold the mirrors, just press the button....

as for the 'ricer' comment you made, it makes no sence...you said you consider anything that isnt performance (e.g. body work) to be rice? that just doesnt make sence, maybe on a vette it might look ricey (body kits and shyte) but seeing X's car in person I think he prolly has the best JDM looking EP here...

ah well, my 02cents might just add fuel to the fire on this thread...

Nice choice on the folding mirrors Mike....

Eric

stephen
07-30-2003, 10:30 AM
im with stubbs here.

though if you got the money, do what you want.

mechanical mirrors would be way down on my list of mods. i'd make the EP turn and brake better first, but that's just me.

stubbs
07-30-2003, 11:21 AM
EKthenEPnow one more time for the cheap seats or the retards who can't read. Look at the bottom line of my sig.

stubbs
07-30-2003, 11:24 AM
OK several of you are asking if a bodykit is rice yes yes yes YES YES YES for christs sake. Maybe you think they look good but the rest of us are laughing at you. OK your at a car show people can look at your folding mirrors or a 550HP turbo and intercooled ep, who gets the crowd, have I made my point yet?

SiR Medic
07-30-2003, 11:32 AM
OK several of you are asking if a bodykit is rice yes yes yes YES YES YES for christs sake. Maybe you think they look good but the rest of us are laughing at you. OK your at a car show people can look at your folding mirrors or a 550HP turbo and intercooled ep, who gets the crowd, have I made my point yet?

At a show... Folding mirrors will definately get people's attention over a turbo EP, especially if the hood's closed.;)

Your 'vette probably wouldn't get a second look, since it looks almost completely stock.

It's unfortunate, but that is just the way things are. The blonde with the triple-D boobs will get more looks than the mousey lookin' girl who knows the entire Kama-Sutra. (Just an analogy)

stubbs
07-30-2003, 11:38 AM
My car always turns heads, maybe were at different shows because all show no go cars gets laughed out of the shows I go to. Around here women like speed not plastic.

stubbs
07-30-2003, 11:44 AM
I actually saw someone post here that they think an EP looks better than a Vette? SUREEEEE. A grociery getter and a sports car, hmmm, tough choice. To me wings and body kits mean you are just trying to hide the fact that you couldn't afford the car that you wanted so you are trying to make the cheap one look like something else, and most people agree with me, reguardless of what 17 years olds want to believe in their own little world. The guidos did the same thing in the 80's with their turbo hoods, neon lights and other crap, we laughed at them then and we laugh at them now. In 10 years every winged wonder will deny he ever did it when people start talking about how stupid it was.

ssvr6
07-30-2003, 11:49 AM
First of all Type X doesn't have a "kit" on his car. He hast the JDM OEM Civic Type R bumpers, side skirts, and wing. He replaced all of his body parts with these.

This is how the car looks from the factory, it's not "rice".

Also, just because you own a Honda doesn't justify you coming on here and bashing someone. We don't tolerate it. And yes, body kits and bling win import shows and performance cars win track events. It's sad, but it at least gives the ricers something to be proud of, because no one's proud of them. :D

Stubbs - Just relax man. I'm the first to agree with you about performance. But I'm nearing the end of my performance options and I'll be going the same route that Mike (Type X) is with an OEM kit. Why? Because my car is fast and should look good if you're one of the few that stay next to it long enough to notice.

:cool:

Steve

ssvr6
07-30-2003, 11:52 AM
Oh, and no offense but all Vettes are ugly IMO except the classic 50-something or the new models C5 or whatever.

The body style is just not attractive.

While my Si is no innovention, it's clean, looks different inside and out and makes me happy and that's what it comes down to.

Steve

stubbs
07-30-2003, 12:06 PM
The C5 is the ugliest Vette ever, it's why they are replacing it, Vette guys hate them, they look like an NSX inflated by 20 psi. If a car is fast then do what you want. I am talking about posers, I hate them, always have always will. That isn't a domestic or import thing, I hate ALL posers, that goes for the guy with a V6 stang that puts the bodywork of a Cobra R on it, so that bodywork was factory but it still is a poser move. Funny I don't see japanese guys puting USDM parts on their cars, they do performance mods, kind of says something.

staticflo
07-30-2003, 12:48 PM
this is ridiculous, as much as i agree, if i had the money type x obviously does i wouldnt spend it on folding mirrors, but if everyone did all the same mods with there money, what fun would that be.... Now all this shit about rice this or rice that i say fuck all that, its your money do whatever you want and if your happy with it who gives a shit if someone decides to be jealous and call it rice......o and by the way stubbs enough of you saying look at the bottom line of my sig, cuz if you havent noticed the title of this website is EP HATCH not CRX, you dont have an EP so go find a crx forum and stop this stupid bullshit on here....

there i couldnt stand reading these any longer without putting in my $.02

-mike

jerky
07-30-2003, 12:51 PM
you know i love them, mike.

i will have them someday.:'(

fsugatorbait
07-30-2003, 12:58 PM
With a promissing start this thread has gone to hell in a hand basket about as fast as you can spell 'rice'...with respect to X, please lock this to stop the bickering...damn, this isnt clubsi.com

Staticflo...good looks, this troll doesnt even own an EP yet we have 5 pages of his B.S. to read through:mad:

ssvr6
07-30-2003, 01:01 PM
Sorry Mike.

C L O S E D

Steve