PDA

View Full Version : towelaban2000 -- Westlake Village, cali

towelaban2000
07-29-2003, 06:29 PM
I'm friends with JDMakeover...sorry you guys can't handle his sense of realism. Anyways me and him got the last 2 WRB rex's in LA

civicSIracer
07-29-2003, 06:47 PM
should of gotten the new body style.. looks hella lot better IMO. or at least save for a STI..

towelaban2000
07-29-2003, 06:56 PM
now that I took my bros side, i will see to it that all the discrepancies are cleared from his past listing where you guys complained about his rex:

-your civic si's have no off road capability
-your cars arent made in japan (unlike our rexes that are heheh)
-they have a short warranty (3 years and 36000 miles vs subarus 5 years and 60000 miles)
-your cars have a nasty gear grind in 2nd (so much for whoever said our transmissions were gonna blow in another post) ours arent defective out of the box like yours
-your cars have no limited slip differential

this is all stock stuff i mention here mind you all, that doesnt include that we outhandle you and are WAY faster

EP3_DC5
07-29-2003, 07:01 PM
Man, could you please go and troll elsewhere?:rolleyes:
BTW JDMakeover was ignorant, rude and worst of all misinformed. Not "realistic" as you put it. There is a big difference.

towelaban2000
07-29-2003, 07:02 PM
now im not completely bashing the si nor saying that its a bad car (after all its a honda :) ) but i have lay out the facts here:

Car-Stats.com Report for 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
Obtained from C&D October, 2001
0-60: 5.4 Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile: 14.1
1/4 Speed: 96

Car-Stats.com Report for 2002 Honda Civic SI
Obtained from C&D March, 2002
0-60: 8 Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile: 16.2
1/4 Speed: 86

both of these cars are of the same model year, and both times were acquired from the same website and magazine source (car and driver). so there you have it.

i had to dispell all these misrepresentations of the truth ive read on these forums. there isnt even a single category in which the si is better at, sorry to all the hardheaded fanboys that wont accept it. everyone else that is realistic, enjoy your car, they arent bad. :cool:

glw
07-29-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by towelaban2000
... there isnt even a single category in which the si is better at, sorry to all the hardheaded fanboys that wont accept it. everyone else that is realistic, enjoy your car, they arent bad. :cool: i believe you are wrong... i found an easy one - price.

i am thoroughly enjoying mine - i even got within 0.8 seconds of a sube at last's month autox (and i'm a noob at it). enjoy your sube and have fun rallying - you have plans for the WRC?

civicSIracer
07-29-2003, 11:05 PM
wow.. you must feel so special going out to buy a $23000 wrx and comming to an ep3 board to brag about it? big fucking deal. and the sad thing is steves turbo Si will smoke that shit straight up.. turbo si=smoke WRX.. warrenty is needed for ur suby cuz the trannys cant hold up for shit.and the interior is cheap and ugly.. but its a nice 4door family sedan. go find someone that care for ur car.. cuz they aint here..

towelaban2000
07-29-2003, 11:42 PM
turbo a car with 9.8 compression? thats scary...that will bring your engine to an early death. the wrx was deliberately set to 8.0 compression...now you think and wonder why would a car builder want to do this before he builds a turbo car? perhaps relibility? wait til this car goes 50,000 miles with that.

as far as him being faster? hmmm id be happy to race him if he lives locally. after front wheel drive is a punk setup for drag races, especially with no limited slip. you have no traction control. i however, have 2 limited slips which came from the factory, front viscous, mechanical rear.

hey mr. "subaru transmissions dont hold up for shit" what is this i hear about your notorius 2nd gear grinding? hope that is treating you well...i know i dont have it

Suk02Si
07-29-2003, 11:45 PM
Whats with you two? Pull your cock out of his ass and troll another board.

Mugen_EP
07-29-2003, 11:52 PM
WOW a WRX!!

EP33
07-30-2003, 12:22 AM
but can't.

towelaban2000, (WTF?) Could you edit your 3rd post and add the weight?

You can't compare the two cars at all. They are of different breeds. I might as well post pics of my damn air compressor and compare it to my neighbors dog.

Time will tell PERIOD. I look at the amount of old cars still running today on the road, and I see some "Brats" around. I also see a shit load of Civics.

Turbo-charged engines have a narrow window, once you get out of that window they slow down. They don't go very long 200K before your warranty is up and you need to do some work on'em.

Why you would post pics of your Sube on this board says alot about you.

Just don't make the mistake of thinking your AWD will get you out of "anything" cuz that shit will bite your ass if you're not careful.

Oh, I don't plan on going off road WTF??? Just take care of that high maintenance bitch.

:D :D :D :D :D

chubbychu
07-30-2003, 12:58 AM
wow dude...your AWD turbocharged car is faster than our civics WOOHOO how long did it take you to figure that out? Jeeze...i dont understand why "visitors" cant be more like the blacksvt dude...making their point politely.

oh when you said...there isnt a SINGLE thing the si is better at...
1) i think our cars will last longer than yours
2) our cars look better than yours(subjective)
3) we dont see our cars everytime we turn around
4) definitely cost
5) a freakin shifter on the DASH wahhooo!
6) i think our cars are lighter
7) oh i think we got cha in fuel efficiency too
8) the back seat feels a little smaller in the WRX

yea i dunno probably none of these are "performance related" but lets compare your wrx to a evolution

that would be a little closer....and you would say..."well, compare it to the STI" but why? thats still not a fair match! the STI is still 2000$$ more than the lancer...and with 2000 bucks in mods...i think i just think the lancer will smoke the sti. but seeming as how i know absolutely crap about the evo vs. sti & wrx...but iuno...that seems more of a match up

now go away mr troll...nobody like you cuz your mean and rude...im glad you arent representing everyone on the WRX boards...cuz they would be ashamed of you

ep3guy
07-30-2003, 04:03 AM
OK, I'm getting sick of this. SHUT THE FUCK UP. :mad:

blah blah blah the EP3 blah blah blah the WRX blah blah blah blah. Have fun with the WRX, and I'll have fun with my little minivan that has the NOTORIUS 2nd gear grind.

BOOFUCKENHOO.

ssvr6
07-30-2003, 05:17 AM
Hey fucktard(s), there are RSX-S's that are boosted making 280, 350, and 450+hp TO THE WHEELS and they're at 10:1.

You don't know shit about cars asshat.

Oh yeah, thanks for playing and buh bye.

Steve