PDA

View Full Version : who makes bigger rotors?????

FiZZ-EP3
07-29-2003, 07:00 PM
Anyone know who makes bigger front rotors for our cars?? I don't want a big brake upgrade kit, just bigger front rotors. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

myeverlovinsir
07-29-2003, 07:05 PM
The wilwood kit is 12.19" AND you need at least 16" to have em.
Not sure how big the brembo's go, but think this is as large as
you need to go.:D

FiZZ-EP3
07-29-2003, 07:07 PM
Alright, I have 16's, but do they sell JUST the front rotors or do you have to buy the whole kit? Are they Brembo rotors?

myeverlovinsir
07-29-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by FiZZ-EP3
Alright, I have 16's, but do they sell JUST the front rotors or do you have to buy the whole kit? Are they Brembo rotors?

I bought the whole spiel (Wilwood's), but think they sell rotors separately.
Check out their site.Wilwood (http://www.wilwood.com/) ;)

chunky
07-29-2003, 08:14 PM

if you want new rotors, you need at the very least a caliper relocation bracket. And typically you would want a new caliper as well if the change in rotor size is dramatic.

talk to docofmind, he's got a big brake kit out for the ep3 that isn't that expensive.

Quicksilver
07-29-2003, 08:17 PM

If you want bigger rotors for the sake of looks rather than performance, then AEM is the only company that I'm aware of that makes such items. MSRP is just over $400, but you should be able to find it between $350-400 with a little searching. However, you'd have to be using 17" wheels minimum, which won't help you. If there was enough demand, maybe The Brake Zone would consider making some that use the stock caliper, just relocated with a bracket.

Here's a pic of the AEM rotors:
http://www.aempower.com/productSubCatImages/8_1_f.jpg

Not really worth it. For the additional $350 you'd pay for the Wilwoods, they are well worth the difference in price! I've had them on my car for about 4 months, and they are one of my favorite additions to the car. Who'd have thought you could have fun with brakes?

FiZZ-EP3
07-30-2003, 01:26 PM
i have bigger calipers, so thats why i need bigger rotors. if i can find just bigger rotors, thats all i need for the calipers to fit.

chunky
07-30-2003, 02:17 PM
i have bigger calipers, so thats why i need bigger rotors. if i can find just bigger rotors, thats all i need for the calipers to fit.

do you already have the caliper relocation bracket?