PDA

View Full Version : exhaust uncorked=no no

hondafiend02
07-29-2003, 11:53 PM
man i was taking my exhuast off to spray it black(not a big fan of chrome and shiny things)and my friend suggested me to race my other friend with no tip, i said ok it sounded really loud but it felt slower than before --- i dunno if anyone has any info on this plz let me know (o yea my exhuast is back on and car feels better now

G-J
07-30-2003, 01:14 AM
No backpressure - torque curve is sent really high. Great for high speeds, awful for launches.

hondafiend02
07-30-2003, 04:38 PM
o ok its wierd though because it was felling really noticably slow ---also it was loud at normal rpm and much quiter in high rpm's

Suk02Si
07-31-2003, 03:29 AM
Where exactly did you disconnect it? At the cat(midpipe) or at the muffler(rear section).

I dynoed with and without a muffler and lost something like 2hp and 2tq all the way across without ones. I drove around the block once with no midpipe, just straight out of the cat and its very slow.

hondafiend02
07-31-2003, 04:50 PM
i just took of the muffler tip --the 2 screws right before it hits the bend to go over the rear axles ---sounded cool but i could really notice a difference in speed i swear i was alot slower than before