PDA

View Full Version : Comptech Race Header 4-2-1 w/ Fujitsubo Legalis-R Catback

Pir8pete
07-30-2003, 08:23 AM
What i want to do is use the Comptech Race Header 4-2-1 with the Fujitsubo Legalis-R Catback. Will they bolt right up?

Also i did a search on the Fujitsubo Legalis-R Catback and if i read correctly it requires abit of moddification? what exactly has to be done?

My thought is that the Fujitsubo Legalis-R Catback has the res. that will keep the noise down.

Imput welcome please, I really want to know if this is going to be easy or hard to install?

Pir8pete
07-30-2003, 08:24 AM
Here's the Comptech Race Header 4-2-1

Pir8pete
07-30-2003, 08:25 AM
and here is the Fujitsubo Legalis-R Catback, man they look sweet!

Pir8pete
07-30-2003, 08:26 AM
Fujitsubo Legalis-R Catback Tip

dustinhurley
07-30-2003, 10:11 AM
The Fujitsubo cat-back will not bolt up to the Si downpipe. The exhaust is designed for a Type-R where the downpipe is longer. Also, the flange that connects downpipe to cat-back is at a different angle compared to the Si. You basically have 4 options. Extend the cat-back piping, extend the downpipe, buy a header and downpipe off an RSX-S, or buy a race header designed for an RSX-S. Someone already did this though. They had a Jackson Racing race header with a Fujitsubo Legalis-R. It all bolted right up. The Comptech header will definately be better than the JR header, but you have to pay that extra $400 or so. Also, some people have had problems with the Comptech unit clanking against the front sway bar. I have a Legalis-R on the boat right now. I just bought the stock header and downpipe of an RSX-S for $90. This way I don't have to do any permanent modification to my stock exhaust parts, therefore, being able to put them back on someday if I want to part my car out or something. I don't have the money right now for a race header. If you need anymore info about this, let me know. I have done a lot of research about it.

David K.
07-30-2003, 10:24 AM
I believe Dynaspeed did this setup already, only with the Jackson Racing Race Header. The easiest was is to get the Comptech or Jackson header for the RSX-s, so you don't have to modify your catback system, just like dustinhurley said. I don't know that the Comptech unit will be any better than the JR header; Jardine makes the JR header, and the have plenty of experience in the motorcycle community.

dustinhurley
07-30-2003, 10:40 AM
The Comptech header will make a little more power because the primaries are longer and merge closer to the cat-back. The JR header merges in about the same place as the stock header.

Endless_EP
07-30-2003, 11:18 AM
great input guys.. the info helps alot.. so IF i purchase any catback systems for JDM CTR (not Si in US), a header and a downpipe (either stock or aftermarket) for RSX also needed for direct bolt-on right. ? just want to make sure.. thanks again.!:D

dustinhurley
07-30-2003, 11:59 AM
Yes, that is correct. If you don't want to modify anything, you need Type-S header and downpip/cat. Only thing you will need to do is extend your 02 sensor to reach the new cat. Here is a pic of what I bought, for $90:
http://ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_2b513e3577b7e77737ff19522a35c734/i-1.JPG

Pir8pete
07-30-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by dustinhurley
The Fujitsubo cat-back will not bolt up to the Si downpipe. The exhaust is designed for a Type-R where the downpipe is longer. Also, the flange that connects downpipe to cat-back is at a different angle compared to the Si. You basically have 4 options. Extend the cat-back piping, extend the downpipe, buy a header and downpipe off an RSX-S, or buy a race header designed for an RSX-S. Someone already did this though. They had a Jackson Racing race header with a Fujitsubo Legalis-R. It all bolted right up. The Comptech header will definately be better than the JR header, but you have to pay that extra $400 or so. Also, some people have had problems with the Comptech unit clanking against the front sway bar. I have a Legalis-R on the boat right now. I just bought the stock header and downpipe of an RSX-S for $90. This way I don't have to do any permanent modification to my stock exhaust parts, therefore, being able to put them back on someday if I want to part my car out or something. I don't have the money right now for a race header. If you need anymore info about this, let me know. I have done a lot of research about it.

thank you for this info it has helped :D and thx too everyone on there great input :D i love this site

AlBlueCar
07-30-2003, 08:00 PM
I always thought that when you got a Race header that the cat back wasn't used and the header bolted directly onto the midpipe. Here it sounds like a race header is just a longer header so it bolrs to the cat back further down the line... I need help-I don know the exhaust.:(

ShowstoppersUSA
07-31-2003, 10:50 AM
I remember reading about someone using the JR race header, and an exhaust made to fit the CTR which just bolted on.

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

Endless_EP
07-31-2003, 12:16 PM
great buy for those two pieces. thanks again!

dustinhurley
07-31-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by AlBlueCar
I always thought that when you got a Race header that the cat back wasn't used and the header bolted directly onto the midpipe. Here it sounds like a race header is just a longer header so it bolrs to the cat back further down the line... I need help-I don know the exhaust.:(

The midpipe is the cat-back. Cat-back refers to the exhaust from behind the cat to the muffler.

Stock exhaust: manifold-->downpipe/cat-->midpipe-->muffler

normal aftermarket: same, but replaces midpipe-->muffler (parts after tha cat, hence the term cat-back)

race set-up: manifold-->midpipe-->muffler (replaces downpipe/cat)

AlBlueCar
07-31-2003, 08:07 PM
So if we got the Jackson Racing (or any other company) 4-2-1 Header for an Acura RSX Type-S and the Type-S Catalytic Converter, we could run pretty much any exhaust made for a Type-S right? I really like the look of the Legalis-R alot and I want it. Or the Borla. Or the Super Hyper Medallion. Or the APEX i World Sport...

dustinhurley
07-31-2003, 09:47 PM
I'm not positive, but I don't think a cat-back for an RSX-S will fit an EP, no matter what header or downpipe you have. I would assume the midpipe is bent differently and the hangers are in different places because it's a totally different chassis.