PDA

View Full Version : shiny dash

liljosh63
07-30-2003, 10:05 AM
alright...i want to paint my dash white...but the only thing is i want it to be just as glossy as painted fiberglass. Now i know i have to sand it down real good but after i lay the paint down how do i get it that shiny? do i just put a truck load of clearcoat on it or what?

ssvr6
07-30-2003, 10:13 AM
Basically. Make sure you add TONS of flex agent as well as some UV protection to it and a dozen or so layers of clear.

Also, make sure you ALWAYS have sunglasses on you. The glare alone will be blinding.

:cool:

Steve

liljosh63
07-30-2003, 10:32 AM
will putting all tha clear coat make it sticky looking?

SiR Medic
07-30-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
Also, make sure you ALWAYS have sunglasses on you. The glare alone will be blinding.

:cool:
Steve

No Shit!

You might want to take a bunch of white paper and cover your dash with it first. Drive around for a few days, then decide if you want to go through with it!

I can only IMAGINE how hard on the eyes this would be!:'(

BSEVEER
07-30-2003, 12:43 PM
Snowblind. It really happens. I have a friend that burnt the shit out of his eyes skiing without shades when was a kid. He was blind for almost a week.:cool:

raiyo
07-30-2003, 07:12 PM
Just get like a satin or semi-gloss finish. If you're getting gloss, good luck. :cool: When my dash is really clean and it reflects onto the windshield it already bothers me. Think about it. Gloss? oh my....

audomatik
08-26-2003, 06:37 PM
dude don't do it... i paint my whole interior in my old prelude white with red accents. i have to admit, it looked bad ass for like 2 months. the sun is awful and mine was a matte finish. i couldn't imagine how a gloss finish would be. oh and it gets dirty like a motherfucker. but do what you want, i'm just giving you my knowledge on the subject... if you're gonna do it, don't do glossy.