PDA

View Full Version : audio system

ryanjennings
07-30-2003, 03:12 PM
I want to get a complete audio system (deck, amp, subs) I really no nothing at all about audio and if someone could help me pick out some stuff for my car just respond or you can talk to me on AIM at "ry4nj" thanks...

Im looking for something not terribly expensive.. wont take up alot of room.. and is affordable for a 16 year old.

Speck
07-31-2003, 06:05 AM
There are a few questions that I always ask people, so we can start from there:

1.) What do you want from the system? Heavy bass, Jazz, Rock, Easy Listening?

2.) What is the price range? Mainly the max you can spend.

3.) Do you want "bling-bling" or do you want something that wows your ears?

4.) Do you want people to be able to go "ahh so and so name brand, that good stuff", or do you mind "Hey WTF is that? Flea Market? OMG!! That thing sounds amazing!!" I prefer the latter :) (Independant Manufacturers)

Let's start here, and see what we can do for you.

You will need to take alot of recommendations with some salt, I have a tendancy to steer people to Alpine Headunit, because I like them. Some people go a different brand. But we can try to do the best we can.

-=speck=-

ryanjennings
07-31-2003, 03:37 PM
i guess i want the "heavy bass" since i like rap the most..

my price range would be under 1,000

i dont care about the bling.. prob something that wows my ears :D

i dont care where its from, just as long as its good

thanks for helping.

Speck
07-31-2003, 03:47 PM
ok, gimme a bit and I will put together some links and prices of good stuff for ya. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

To start though, I would suggest an elementalDesigns 12A (www.edesigns.com). This sub is hardcore, compare it to the JL 12W7 at less than 1/2 the price. I believe they are also doing a deal on a 12a and an Avionixx amp to power it for something like 500. But that would be 1/2 your budget.

Will get back to you.

-=speck=-

raiyo
07-31-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Speck
Do you want people to be able to go "ahh so and so name brand, that good stuff", or do you mind "Hey WTF is that? Flea Market? OMG!! That thing sounds amazing!!" I prefer the latter :) (Independant Manufacturers)

I had to laugh

SiR Medic
08-01-2003, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by Speck
12A (www.edesigns.com).

DON'T CLICK THIS LINK!

It brings you to a "under development" page with a LOT of pop-ups! :mad:

Speck
08-01-2003, 06:24 AM
My bad!! That is really embarrassing

Use this link.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/

-=speck=-

Speck
08-01-2003, 06:36 AM
Jump on this QUICK!! At the bottom of the post, he has prices on the PG Octane R subs and speakers and what not, Great prices.

http://forum.sounddomain.com/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=050484

-=speck=-

nozomi
08-24-2003, 06:10 AM
HONESTLY!!! don't get the name brand stuff if you can find good independent manufacturers' speakers

for the price u pay for name brand speakers you are just paying for the name. trust me on that, i am in the Hi-Fi business, speakers manufactuers' often mail us their catalogs and those are what you will be paying hundreds of dollars in retail stores.

i personally don't exactly know which maker makes which brand's speakers coz i do home hi fi amps. BUT, from the catalogs, the speakers which have the same specs only cost a fraction of the brand names' you will get in stores.

However, there are some products that really use high quality materials which is worth the price, but IMO that is not always the case for brand names' stuff.

Speck
08-24-2003, 06:04 PM
Now.... did you even bother to look at the link? If you did, you would have seen those subs and amps at almost 1/2 the cost of retail.

Thanks for chiming in though.

Oh and since I can get home audio speakers that come from Best Buy that has the "same" specs and a set of Morels.... I should buy the BB ones? ,.... uhhh... I don't think so.

-=speck=-

nozomi
08-26-2003, 03:36 AM
Well it has to do with personal perferences too, getting brand name stuff at dirt cheap price is awesome actually. I like brand name too, for the bragging rights, but that's pretty much it.

I can't(and shouldn't) tell you the cost for those speakers before they have logos printed on them. But to me, the price is good enough to let go the extra logo on the cone.:D no brand name, but at least i know it IS suppose to be branded as so and so brand.

Speck
08-26-2003, 05:46 AM
I totally agree with you! If I could have gotten my W7 without the logos and what not, Oh HELL yeah I would have jumped on it.

But. you are correct, you are paying for brand name. But that goes for everything.

How about that bottle of $8 conditioner your wife or G/F uses... you think that actually costs $8 to make??

-=speck=-