PDA

View Full Version : carwash

ryanjennings
07-30-2003, 03:15 PM
Is there anything wrong with going to the car wash and getting a number done on it?

02TafWhtSi
07-30-2003, 03:42 PM
Carwashes are a last resort for me. The only time I'll EVER take her to a carwash is in the dead of winter when my hose is frozen solid and there is all kinds of salt and crap on the car. Otherwise I hand wash it myself :)

rgGolf4
07-31-2003, 11:36 AM
Yeah I don't like to auto washes. But, in the winter I will use them...but only the touchless. Or use a DIY car wash place and bring my own stuff (mitt, soap, etc) and just use there high pressure hose and warm water.

I would not run my car through anything that can touch the car....brushes, mop looking things, and especially a track that pulls the car through. I don't want my car scratched or my rims damaged.

ryanjennings
08-02-2003, 01:44 AM
what do you think i should clean my black ep with?? ive only washed it twice and ive took it to the washing place :angel:

AkronSi
08-04-2003, 09:10 AM
It depends. Do you have access to a hose or not? That will make a difference on what you should use.

BlackNRedSi
08-15-2003, 09:07 AM
I use this one car wash near me and have no probs with it, in fact they are prolly the best car wash I have ever been to..

They are Mainline Carwash....they use terry cloth, and on the inside where the car gets washed they use very very soft cloths to wash the car....

its a auto wash, but the place is used for Porches, Ferraris, Lamborghini dealerships...and other expensive cars... The car wash and treatment they do to your car can run from 15 dollars-100-150....I get the 25 dollar wash, they do everything to the exterior, clean out the inside like no other....blow all the vents out to make sure there isn

BarracksSi
08-18-2003, 03:08 PM
I still need to find a good touchless car wash near DC (I'll even settle for an automatic garage-sized thing at a gas station). However, pretty much the only reason I'll go to a car wash is to get the underbody sprayed clean, especially during the winter.

Other than that, I'll wash it in my building's driveway. Not only can I usually do a better job, but if something gets messed up, it's entirely MY responsibility -- which means that I don't have to hassle with a manager or someone like that to get things fixed.