PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION! Heads up for everyone looking into KW Suspensions Coilovers

ViViDPeArL
07-30-2003, 06:22 PM
What's up everyone. This post is regarding the KW V2 coilover setups that i'm sure a lot of us are looking into. Stainless steel bodies, adjustable ride height and dampening...good stuff.

I myself have not used KW coilovers nor have i heard anything about KW for the last 3 years i've been in the import scene. I don't want to bad mouth anyone's product that i have not used myself, but this is just a HEADS UP for everyone who was looking into KW.

My source is very reliable and is from a good friend of mine. He works at EuroSport Accessories (www.eurosportacc.com) I asked him about the KW suspension to see what kind of deal he can get me from one of his other friends. He talked to his friend and said that his friend no longer deals with KW due to KW not backing up their warrenty. KW coilover systems that he had sold were having valves blown and leaking was occuring, and KW refused to warrenty to the product. Why i don't know.

Again, i don't want to talk bad about anyone's product. I'm sure it's a great coilover setup. But $1000+ is a lot to invest for anything and we should all have good information from the good and bad before we buy any product. Most importanly i feel is the warrenty that is carried by products and how well it's backed by the company.

mikkellucci
07-31-2003, 05:26 AM
Damn it, where were you a month ago when KW hit this site!? jus playin Thanks for the bit of info. or heads up if you wanna call it that.
I feel that a companies warranty is only as good as their product. Based off of the research I have done, I find that KW is putting out a very high end quality product. From what I've read and experienced in the 2 weeks that I've owned the V2 coilovers I have nothing but good to say about KW products. Comparable, if not superior to all of the other high end coilovers on the market. Now weather they back their warranty remains to be seen....I have not read or heard of anyone needing KW warranty backing. Time will tell for the EP hatch design

Thas me with the slips on KW V2s
http://www.personal.kent.edu/~mlucci/images/mnd1.jpg

ssvr6
07-31-2003, 05:41 AM
I've been in the European Import scene since '98 and KW was around then.

They have a good product and don't think that I know of one person that had issues with them.

Heresay isn't enough for me to not buy their products.

Steve

greenguy
07-31-2003, 07:13 AM
Could you imagine the back lash that a company that is useing the internet as a form of advertisement, if they are selling a bad product or dont support the warrenty. Glen at KW has been available from day 1 to answer ALL of my questions and conserns. If I had a problem I know that I can reach him personally. Plus "if" there was a problem there products would be black listed very quickly.
Please, get some first hand knowledge of the company and there product **************************************** and make the guy who has been nothing but helpfull and available to EVERYONE who has a question, come defend there product.
:) thank you for shopping, avoid panic buying!

ViViDPeArL
07-31-2003, 08:19 AM
like i said in my post, i'm just giving info that i have. i stated that i have not used their products, but my friend has had a hand full of people that has. i only made this post because i made a reply before regarding weight and the guy replied that he wanted to know everything he can before he bought the product.

Everyone who wants to sell a product of course is gonna be there to help you with their every concern. That's how things go when a sale is in process. When i bought my Si, the sales person was very helpful, answered all questions etc. Once i got the car, i had a complaint, she said sorry,,,,blah blah blah, and said she'll be mailing me a keychain because she does that for all her customers who buys cars from her...2 months later...where the hell is my keychain?

again, i'm not saying don't buy KW products, i'm just giving everyone some info to help make better descisions to avoid future problems