PDA

View Full Version : cybernation a class act

surfsi
07-30-2003, 09:17 PM
When I made the decision to drive all the way down te coast to turbo my car my wife thought I was crazy,but I just had a good feeling about these guys. Always trust your instincts!!! These guys not only installed a great kit but they also honored the couple of custom fitments I requested. When I got home I was messing with the s-afc11 and accidently tampered with my fuel curve,now being over 1000. miles and not sure if I could get it back to peak HP. I called cybernation;Without hesitation they asured me they could tune with me over the phone. When it comes to having an edge the crew at cybernation deffinately understands our computer which could make or break you! All in all I had high hopes and they exceeded them by far! To the whole crew at cybernation, Thanks for everything!!!

ssvr6
07-30-2003, 09:33 PM
You should have let me know you were down. We could have gotten together for a drink or something.

Congrats on the boost, it's great stuff!

Steve

Jodster
07-30-2003, 09:54 PM
Give us the low down!!! What are your numbers? Which CN kit?

surfsi
07-31-2003, 01:28 PM
Steve, I was only down to drop off and pick up because I had my family in Orlando, but I'm glad I didn't get to feel your car because the element of surprise was unbeleivable!!! I still would have liked to meet you because judging by the group of people there,their's still hope out there! As for the turbo ? I got the stage 1 with 250 to the wheels and 214ft.lb. tq. in a 92 degree dyno room. Steve your very fortunate to have a great group of guys support like that! It's real nice to receive respect like that, as we give it so often.

mixedupneko
07-31-2003, 03:25 PM
im in nj i was wondering how many miles,oil changes,hours, and days it took to get down there t cyber nation ?

ssvr6
07-31-2003, 04:18 PM
Where in NJ? If you drive straight through from Jersey City to Ft. Lauderdale, it's about 1300 miles and 19 hours.

Steve

surfsi
07-31-2003, 06:50 PM
I tow-dollyed my car and it was a long ride and the only alternative that I can think of is the autotrain,which will cut off a little ove 2/3 of the trip and if you book in advance for round trip I'm sure you'll benefit. I'm only saying this because I personally wouldn't use anybody else! When I got back one of my friends first questions was, was it worth the money and I told him that he has no ideaand took him for a ride last night, he to will be yet another turboed car!!!

turbotech
08-01-2003, 08:33 PM
"cybernation a class act"

Thank you that is the highest of compliments. We always do our best. Enjoy the car.

esmith13
08-06-2003, 07:24 AM
I had an opportunity to drive surfsi's car last night.... Cybernation is a bunch of geniuses!!!! Yes the car was fast and yes the power felt STRONG, but most importantly to me, the car was so well tuned that it still drove VERY nicely down low. I had ben in a few older civics and integras with turbos, and the thing I dislike most was how rough/harsh they were at the lower end. Ya know, driving in traffic and stop and go... They did a bang up job on surfsi's car, and I commend them!!!
Makes me feel better about the money I just spent to order my kit. I only hope my local sponsor talks to you guys in Florida enogh that your attention to detail rubs off on them and they can do a good job on installing mine for me. Makes me wish I had the time and money to come directly to Florida for mine!!!
Guess we'll see in the next few weeks....

Congrats again to Cybernation!!! Lee, you're the MAN!!!!!

Congrats to you too surfsi! Enjoy that SWEET ride!!!!

Eric

turbotech
08-07-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by esmith13
I had an opportunity to drive surfsi's car last night.... Cybernation is a bunch of geniuses!!!! Yes the car was fast and yes the power felt STRONG, but most importantly to me, the car was so well tuned that it still drove VERY nicely down low. I had ben in a few older civics and integras with turbos, and the thing I dislike most was how rough/harsh they were at the lower end. Ya know, driving in traffic and stop and go... They did a bang up job on surfsi's car, and I commend them!!!
Makes me feel better about the money I just spent to order my kit. I only hope my local sponsor talks to you guys in Florida enogh that your attention to detail rubs off on them and they can do a good job on installing mine for me. Makes me wish I had the time and money to come directly to Florida for mine!!!
Guess we'll see in the next few weeks....

Congrats again to Cybernation!!! Lee, you're the MAN!!!!!

Congrats to you too surfsi! Enjoy that SWEET ride!!!!

Eric

Thanks,

It only gets better, our R&D continues. Our next move is a 400+whp ep before the end of summer.

Make sure your installer calls us for tech support. Proper installation of our electronics and fuel system is vital. We appreciate your business we will be here when you need us.

Lee

Tnhatch03
08-07-2003, 10:25 PM
how much is tha kit and install on a stage 1? can i get tha number down there again....and if i wanted to upgrade it in tha future would i have to get rid of tha stage 1 and purchase a stage II? thanks.....cuz ooooommmmggggg....i want it, i want it

Tnhatch03
08-07-2003, 10:42 PM
don't know how to edit yet....sorry guys....but how well will a turbo pass emissions? does anyone know about this yet?

ssvr6
08-08-2003, 04:51 AM
I thought you were doing show since you're going to school?

The stage II is an upgrade from stage I. It's pistons, rods, boost, etc.

Steve

Tnhatch03
08-08-2003, 04:58 AM
i know....ima confused guy...thats what i wanna do but i just keep hearin and readin on tha turbo and want one...i talked to a body shop and they said they could paint and install a kit for like 650...is that a good price or to much?

esmith13
08-08-2003, 05:54 AM
Good question....

Any1 happen to know the price of the kit to go from stage I to stage II?? Just the kit, not labor...

That's a number I need to tuck away for when the car starts to feel slow again ;)

Eric

ssvr6
08-08-2003, 06:03 AM
It's about $1200 for pistons and rods. (I think)

Steve

esmith13
08-08-2003, 06:04 AM
Then what happens??? how do you actually "turn up the boost"???

Eric

ssvr6
08-08-2003, 06:09 AM
Via a boost cotroller or your wastegate.

Steve

pimp02
08-21-2003, 02:22 AM
is there welding required to install cybernation turbo,and do you need special equipment,or can a backyard mechanic install it with your tech help.i'm in alaska so thats too far away to drive.i'd like to intall it myself slow and carefull.thanks

ssvr6
08-21-2003, 05:00 AM
The only parts of the system that aren't bolt on are the return fuel line and tapping the oil pan for the turbo oil feed.

Everything else is wiring and bolt on.

Hope that helps.

Steve

NamingException
08-21-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by pimp02
i'm in alaska so thats too far away to drive.

Do you get the Si or SiR? I'm sure you got the Si, I just think it's funny that you're in Alaska and probably didn't get a cold weather package like the people in the country south of you.

pimp02
08-22-2003, 02:52 AM
i got an si so no cold weather package,but i put studded tires on it and it's still not good on ice,front end likes to slide sideways.so i decided not to drive it in the winter.

pimp02
08-22-2003, 02:58 AM
so if i have to tap into oil pan,wouldn't it have to be removed due to metal shavings,and are all settings on kit preset,so i don't need to analize anything with some special tool.so the dyno is just to squeeze out the last few horeses?thanks.

ssvr6
08-22-2003, 05:20 AM
I don't know if it has to be removed, you may want to call Cybernation with those questions. 954-523-8483

Steve

surfsi
08-22-2003, 07:07 PM
Yes you have to remove your pan, which is a bitch because you have to loosen the cross member so to drop the pan! After inspecting the job that cybernation did I can say that a backyard mechanic should look at the whole before ripping into your oil, fuel, computer, etc. If this is somethng that you excell in than all the power to you!!

Ep3_kid
09-15-2003, 12:28 PM
i live two min from cybernation... :p :p .. and a few weeks ago i went to the shop.. and i saw steve's car...it looks awesome...hey steve.. i got a question... do you know the kid that first boosted the rsx??( a k series engine)... his brother has a black turbo ek??.. why im asking this is because.. the guy that did the first turbo setup in the k series is not working there anymore... and his doing his own thing...he sales turbo parts and builds cars... you know him??

HondaMan
09-15-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Ep3_kid
i live two min from cybernation... :p :p .. and a few weeks ago i went to the shop.. and i saw steve's car...it looks awesome...hey steve.. i got a question... do you know the kid that first boosted the rsx??( a k series engine)... his brother has a black turbo ek??.. why im asking this is because.. the guy that did the first turbo setup in the k series is not working there anymore... and his doing his own thing...he sales turbo parts and builds cars... you know him??

Steve is no longer here...contact him @ www.k-series.com; he is k-series there and the webmaster.

pimp02
09-20-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by surfsi
Yes you have to remove your pan, which is a bitch because you have to loosen the cross member so to drop the pan! After inspecting the job that cybernation did I can say that a backyard mechanic should look at the whole before ripping into your oil, fuel, computer, etc. If this is somethng that you excell in than all the power to you!! the guy at cybernation seemed positive about someone installing it themself.so i ordered one,i think i'll give it a shot.i have a shop manual and i guess the kit comes with directions.i think the main thing is to take your time and make sure you understand each step.i didn't realize it takes 3 weeks to put kit together though.i'll let everyone know if i have trouble with any of the install steps.

esmith13
09-22-2003, 05:51 AM
It dosen't take 3 weeks to put the kit together.... They are currently making the jig required for a particular piece of piping custom to the EP that is different from the RSX, even though the kit is 98% the same. Every EP that C.N. has done has been in their shop and that pipe has been custom made for each. Steve's car is there TODAY to get that pipe pulled to make the jig, so they can fabricate many pipes for kits to ship out with. I've been waiting a while for my kit too for that reason. Lee from cybernation (owner) thinks that jig and the first set of pipes will be completedon or by thursday of this week...

Hope that helps,

Eric