PDA

View Full Version : Folding mirrors question - TYPE X

blueiedgod
07-31-2003, 04:58 AM
I assume you got used ones form Japan/Europe. Did you get the switch too? It is almost identical to our power mirrors switch, but has a little button on the side.

To people who don't appreciate the usefulness of power folding mirrors, obviously have never driven in NYC. I can remember a few times when I had to open my windows and fold my mirrors so that I can get past a triple parked delivery truck. It especially sucks if you have to do it on a rainy day or on the passenger side.
Also, if you live in the five boroughs and you have a new car, you will be parking it in an underground garage, and those spaces are tight. I used to fold my mirrors on my CR-V just to get in between the support columns in the garage under my building. And then in the morning I would forget to unfold the passenger one. This is when I really wished I had power folding mirrors.

jerky
07-31-2003, 09:15 AM
i think the mirrors are neato.

blackyEP3
07-31-2003, 09:39 AM
I think they are pimp!!!

TrippZ
07-31-2003, 09:50 AM
wheres stubbs, so he can refute the pimpness fo the folding mirrors

JLannoo
07-31-2003, 09:54 AM
I think they are neato. I would just rather have heated mirrors for our Michigan winters.

Mugen_EP
07-31-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by TrippZ
wheres stubbs, so he can refute the pimpness fo the folding mirrors

Steve showed Stubbs the door....:D

TrippZ
07-31-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP

hahahaha

awesome

EPHatchgirl
07-31-2003, 10:20 AM

Really? NICE... :D

Suk02Si
07-31-2003, 10:25 AM

heh, another one bites the dust :D

What is it, like three people in two days?:eek:

ssvr6
07-31-2003, 11:55 AM

:)

Steve

SiR Medic
07-31-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6

:)

Steve

:eek:

*thrusts right hand into the air*

"SEIG HEIL STEVE!"

;) :D

BSEVEER
07-31-2003, 03:00 PM
I think power folding mirrors are a nice touch and make your car unique but I don't think they are all that usefull for most people. There is no way a factory option can be called rice.:)

ssvr6
07-31-2003, 03:15 PM
Well, I'm looking to buy a set as well. I'm buying a house that only has a 1 car garage, I'll need the extra few inches on both sides.

Steve

02TafWhtSi
07-31-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic

:eek:

*thrusts right hand into the air*

"SEIG HEIL STEVE!"

;) :D

:D
Goodbye Nazi-Germany, Hello Nazi-EPHatch!

J/K Steve - all in good fun :)

SinisterCivicSi
07-31-2003, 05:39 PM

LMAOROFL - dam vette poser in a honda board talkin trash....:D

Type X
07-31-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by blueiedgod
I assume you got used ones form Japan/Europe. Did you get the switch too? It is almost identical to our power mirrors switch, but has a little button on the side.

To people who don't appreciate the usefulness of power folding mirrors, obviously have never driven in NYC. I can remember a few times when I had to open my windows and fold my mirrors so that I can get past a triple parked delivery truck. It especially sucks if you have to do it on a rainy day or on the passenger side.
Also, if you live in the five boroughs and you have a new car, you will be parking it in an underground garage, and those spaces are tight. I used to fold my mirrors on my CR-V just to get in between the support columns in the garage under my building. And then in the morning I would forget to unfold the passenger one. This is when I really wished I had power folding mirrors.

i ordered them from
steve @ www.passwordjdm.com

however i didnt purchase the switch
probably 100% easier WITH that switch i am planning on doing my own wiring

when i get around to it "probably sunday" i will take some pix of the harness's AND try to plug them in to seee if the power windows still work

i have tested the power fold and they DO work

i will keep u all posted ;)

- mike

cmk05
08-01-2003, 10:46 AM
good deal mike.

i'd like to check out your mirror setup when it's in.

lemme know if you wanna hand with putting em in.

gabbman
08-01-2003, 10:59 AM
I would like a set of those mirrors

cmk05
08-01-2003, 01:03 PM
I'm just glad my mirrors fold in - even if I have to labor to expend the 2 seconds to fold the streetside one in.

My old focus' mirrors didn't fold - and i had em blown off 3 times while parked in manhattan steets. Luckily those manually adjusted units only cost 34 bucks to replace each time.

StrangeShadow
08-01-2003, 03:33 PM
sweet, do those have the defroster too. I could really use a defroster on my mirrors in the winter here. Or is it the canadian one's with the defroster?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-01-2003, 04:42 PM
Well, I'm looking to buy a set as well. I'm buying a house that only has a 1 car garage, I'll need the extra few inches on both sides.

Steve

Did you show the korean tire heckler the door as well?

LOL

ssvr6
08-01-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC

Did you show the korean tire heckler the door as well?

LOL

Huh?

Steve

CivicSiR4U2NV
08-02-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Type X

i ordered them from
steve @ www.passwordjdm.com

however i didnt purchase the switch
probably 100% easier WITH that switch i am planning on doing my own wiring

when i get around to it "probably sunday" i will take some pix of the harness's AND try to plug them in to seee if the power windows still work

i have tested the power fold and they DO work

i will keep u all posted ;)

- mike

All you need is the mirrors? Don't you need the relay and the switch for them to work properly?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-02-2003, 12:22 PM

Huh?

Steve

I guess it was Paxie, he's the mod in the rate n review forum.

Type X
08-03-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by CivicSiR4U2NV

All you need is the mirrors? Don't you need the relay and the switch for them to work properly?

radio shack :);)

CivicSiR4U2NV
08-04-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Type X

radio shack :);)

Ok radioshack for the switch, but what about the relay?? I was told by one of my friends that has an eg (who did the jdm mirrors) that he needed the relay in order for them to work properly.

IchBinEinSiR
08-04-2003, 09:41 AM
What was the cost?

Cool corvette killin' mod!

Type X
08-04-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by IchBinEinSiR
What was the cost?

Cool corvette killin' mod!

mirrors were 350 shipped

CivicSiR4U2NV
08-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Type X can you possibly provide a step by step on how to install and wire the folding mirrors in.

K20A3Si
05-18-2004, 05:57 PM
can you type-x?

Peking
05-18-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by K20A3Si
can you type-x?

You brought this back just to say that :rolleyes: :D

Type X
05-18-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by K20A3Si
can you type-x?

my friend evan across the street from my job did the installation with relays etc

i will see if he can write one up

the momentary switches are what screwed me up :)

HockeyNut30
05-18-2004, 07:55 PM
i like how you can bring them in towards you push em flat towards the hood. but yes power folding mirrors would rock. even tho ive only had to fold em about twice in the last 6 months.

shimmy_yaz
05-19-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Peking
You brought this back just to say that :rolleyes: :D

Yeah how bout it. I started reading thru the post and was like wtf all these old members are posting again. Then of course I looked at the date and realized :D