PDA

View Full Version : Does opening the moonroof create more interior dust?

snubnose
07-31-2003, 11:37 AM
I have read on the S2K boards that the car's interior gets dusty when the top comes down. I was wondering if the same is true of the Si when the moonroof is completely open.

So far, I have been tilting it up, but not opening it all the way.

By the way, doesn't our Ep have one of the best moonroofs on any car? I love the way it goes inside the roof and not over the top.

thanks in advance for sharing any opinions and info.

Gasp23
07-31-2003, 12:05 PM
There should be an increase but it would be minimal I would think. The thing with the S2K is that the WHOLE roof comes off therefore there is more area for the dust to come in. At least that's how I look at it

Mugen Power
07-31-2003, 01:01 PM
I love driving with the windows down and moonroof opened but I've only been doing it since the weather is warm now (obviously). I haven't noticed any big difference in dust levels between closed window and opened window seasons. :D

blueiedgod
07-31-2003, 05:53 PM
our cars come with pollen and hepa filters, according to honda it is highly recommended to drive with the windows up and sunroof closed. when the sunroof is tilted, make sure the recirculation button on your a/c is off. that way the incoming air passes though the 2 filters and exits through the tilted sunroof.

I think it only applyes to people who live in high dust areas, such as metropolices, and quarries, lol

driving with the window down, is dangerous, I almost got killed a couple of years ago when a stray stone amost hit me in the head. Ever since then, if i am on the highway i keep my windows closed. if it is possible i have the sunroof open or tilted to get blow by ventilation or just have the a/c on. driving at 80 mph with windows down creates more drag than a/c pump would.