PDA

View Full Version : To all those with technical questions...

B18CXr
08-27-2002, 04:03 PM
Let me know what you need to know when you need to know it.
I will gladly try to explain or just take pics of what one needs.

http://www.reddotmotorsports.com/~jack/ep.jpg

Yack - who has read both cover to cover.

02blksi
08-27-2002, 04:13 PM
Sweet! ...

Know anything about turboing the new K20A(due to the lack of a fuel return line)? Do you think it will work? I ran a SDS system (dual injectors plumbed into the intake piping) on my old turbo'd coupe, no fmu here. I dont see a problem running a turbo kit using the SDS system, larger injectors, and a larger intank fuel pump.. Everyone talks about our "returnless" fuel system, but i think this setup would work fine .. Stock FP, just more fuel (via the upgraded intank).. What am i missing, it just seems like if this would work someone would have done it already .. --joe

BTW : for those of you who didnt see the pic, HE had a picture of the HONDA service manual for the 2002 civic and the 2002 cvic si..

DrPimpSiR
08-27-2002, 04:29 PM
How 'bout a way to "fix" the sunroof closing safety feature?
So that it won't stop at half way.

iR-VTEC2
08-27-2002, 04:35 PM
I have a question......

Do you believe in god?

B18CXr
08-27-2002, 04:38 PM
The moon roof fix would be pretty easy....you've got to pull the head liner to access the moonroof limit switch and auto-stop switch.

Once again if the F&*king forum would host the pics, I'd show you.

I'll try a different hosting method tomorrow.

02blksi
08-27-2002, 04:53 PM
BOOOooooo HOOOooooo You ignored my ?? hahah jk/ im intrested in this retard roof bypass. --joe

SpeedRacer
08-27-2002, 04:55 PM
the forum wont host the pic's why:?

B18CXr
08-28-2002, 05:11 AM
Finally got it to host.

lates,

Brocks2k2
08-28-2002, 05:57 AM
I'd like to see more info/pictures on the sunroof safety switch...that drives me nuts!

How do you get the headliner pulled?

Where is the switch?

Anything that is easy to break to be carefull with?

SIborland
08-28-2002, 07:32 AM
The Helms manual was the first purchase after my Si.....I must say that everybody who is passionate about this car should get it. Nothing better when it comes to knowing all about your car.

02-sir
08-28-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by 02blksi
Sweet! ...

Everyone talks about our "returnless" fuel system, but i think this setup would work fine .. Stock FP, just more fuel (via the upgraded intank).. What am i missing, it just seems like if this would work someone would have done it already .. --joe

My guess is that it should work as long as all the fuel system components are adequately sized to deliver the fuel you need and you don't need to use a rising rate pressure reg. I guess that means you're forced to go with a programmable ECU and bigger injectors.

ep3
08-28-2002, 11:10 AM
where'd you get the service manuals from??? i seen them once on ebay, but i haven't found another place to get them. i called the dealership and they said the don't have those. also how much do they go for??

CleanBlackSi02
08-28-2002, 12:21 PM
Do tell....I'd love to purchase the pair if they aren't rediculously expensive.

B18CXr
08-28-2002, 12:37 PM
www.helminc.com

Mechanic
08-28-2002, 04:55 PM
B18CXr,

Could you run a picture of the gearset in the Si transmission so that those experiencing shifting problems canl see what a synchomesh ring look like? I tried to explain why some are experiencing shifting problems, but trying to explain what synchomesh does without a picture to reference is tough.

B18CXr
09-17-2002, 11:37 AM
Mechanic-

here are the pics you wanted...

http://www.reddotmotorsports.com/~jack/images/mainshaft.jpg
http://www.reddotmotorsports.com/~jack/images/countershaft.jpg

Mechanic
09-17-2002, 03:30 PM
B18CXr,

You're a good man. Your post clearly depicts the synchromesh (synchro rings & triple cone synchros).

For those of you still following this thread, it's those pups that enable you to shift from gear to gear w/o their literally crashing into one another. The more you delay between shifts, the more opportunity the gears have to begin to spin at the same speed, allowing you to shift from gear to gear without grinding one against another. (If people still "double-clutched" it would be even easier on the gears, but no one does that anymore.) Speed shift and the sychros are forced to do all the work. The noise you feel (and sometimes hear), and the resistence you feel in your hand, is your overcoming the ability of the synchromesh to do it job. Eventually, they are worn to the point that they can't slow the faster moving gearset enough to prevent the gears from clashing. At that point, virtually every gear change (1-2, 3-4) results in the gears hitting one another.

If you had a set of synchos in your hands you'd see how small the individual pieces are and how relatively fragile the set is.

Again, thanks B18CXr.

02si
10-14-2002, 06:02 PM
Dude
I'm working through some suspension issues

Whatcha got on that.

B18CXr
10-15-2002, 03:01 PM
anything you need....email or IM me what you want to see

Silvershadow
10-18-2002, 11:54 AM
To Type R owners in England:Can you get shop manuals like the one mentioned in this thread,but for the Type R?I'd like to order a set.Could you check your Owner's Manual?The U.S. manual mentions it under "service manual" in the index(with a "*" (for U.S. & Canada only)) or under "Warranty and Customer Relations" and "Authorized Manuals" under the table of contents.

Reasons U.S. owners might want one:
1)you'll have a CTR manual ready if the CTR comes state side.
2)If you convert a Si to CTR.You won't need SETS of Shop Manuals for the Si and a RSX Type S.