PDA

View Full Version : DILEMA! What should i do??

Az02Si
08-27-2002, 04:09 PM
Ok,BIG DILEMA im dealing with.A friend wants to trade me his ITR(jdm B18 C-R) powered 00 Si for my EP.I kinda really want to do it honestly,since i miss my old 00 to death every time i see one.The Si in question is FLAWLESS,not a MARK anywhere,and has the following mods.B18C-R,JDM 4-1,Carsound cat,Dc Catback,and an AEM CAI.Car runs as good as it looks,and the body has 30K ojn it,while the motor has WAY LESS.I would lose no money on the deal,and id be reunited with the 00 Si,but this time with more balls ;) .What would YOU do in this situation.And please none of the "EP is better" crap,because for what im looking to do it really isnt,and i know my way around B series motors rather well.Thanks for the opinions guys.

Pradamuimui
08-27-2002, 04:15 PM
If its a B18C5 motor thats in the car then go ahead trade straight up if ur not losing any money. I mean I love my Si but if I would have done my reasearch a little better I probably would have bought the RSX Type S just because it has more power. I would trade straight up...ur getting more power...no offense to my or anyone elses new 02 Si!!!

Az02Si
08-27-2002, 04:17 PM
B18C-R,JDMness at its finest.CLEAN too.This is really making me stress out.I raced this car while in another buddies 00 that ran 15.1 at 92 and was flat out DESTROYED by 3 legnths or so.Car also dynoed 175/125 with just a couple mods.Id really like to pick it up and add cam gears,and toda A's and see what it does.It really wont take CRAP to hit 190/130 in this car.

iR-VTEC2
08-27-2002, 04:19 PM
Dude............get a DELL

hehe

m0ns00n
08-27-2002, 04:20 PM
And so now we must ask... Why does HE want to trade?

Are you sure you don't want to just wait for the aftermarket to catch up with the EP ?

Pradamuimui
08-27-2002, 04:21 PM
TRADE IT STRAIGHT UP...JUST DO IT....however if ur a true import kinda guy then you would know that Honda isnt making the B-series motors anymore, which mean that the K-series is the future. Owning a new Acura RSX, or a Civic Si makes you a pioneer in Hondas new revolution of motors....but do what you wanna do its ur car:P

iR-VTEC2
08-27-2002, 04:23 PM
yeah but, you can put the K series engine in all the civics : )

Pradamuimui
08-27-2002, 04:24 PM
Good point IR-VTEC2!!!

Az02Si
copied from HMO... B18C5 /Type R Complete Change Over - 96-00 (Integra Type R) B18C/R B18C5 Complete Change Over
200Hp 11.1Compression(JDM) 195Hp 10.6Compression(USDM)
$ 4800.00 Plus shipping and handling
Category: JDM USDM Engines

This is the 200hp version im talking about.The reason he wants to trade? Well,his old B16 went south on him,and ever since he got the swap he hasnt fully trusted the car.Ive looked it over and there is 1 minor thing wrong with it...Throw out bearings shot,thats it.He wants a fresh start,and i want screaming b series power.He hardly ever drives the car,and i dont think ice ever seen it with a speck of dust on it.Ive driven it before too and there are NO ISSUES with the motor.Its all mint.So im figuring,new clutch/TOB,and off i go.I love my 02,but this is a REALLY good deal that will be hard to pass up.

02blksi
Ever hear of the term " if it sounds to good to be true it probably is" I cant see how a 00si (15k used--guess) + a JDM b18c5 (5000+ low miles) + I/H/E (1500+) = for your stock (i believe) EP doesnt add up, if the deal is legit and nothing is wrong with the motor (i would check comp. first. ) THEN I WOULD BE ALL OVER THAT LIKE A FLY ON S*IT. ---just my thoughts, but be careful, and in the long run after the aftermarket really opens up for the k series (the Bseries will eventually become obsolete along with its aftermarket keep in mind) are you going to want your ep back?? :) --thats a tough one..

02blksi
08-27-2002, 04:26 PM
thow out bearing is shot, you can be sure you will need a flywheel resurface and or new clutch . -- just a thought -- joe, GOOD LUCK!

Pradamuimui
08-27-2002, 04:28 PM
Mr. Spoon has a good point as the B-series motors become obsolete so will the aftermarket for them....that is very true.

Az02Si
08-27-2002, 04:28 PM
Im no import idiot guys,and this is NOT to good to be true.Hes tried to sell the car before and NO ONE wanted it,evven when he tried to sell it for 17.5 OBO.Ive known the guy for a while,and i trust him.I also know quite a bit about b series motors,and realize the potential for the k series.But come on,this is a genuine R motor,and it will take next to NOTHING to get this thing to reliable 13 sec timeslips.

Az02Si
08-27-2002, 04:30 PM
clutch/flywheel/tob=drop in the bucket for me.Its no biggie to me,i can have it done in no time.That was all on my list if i got the car anyways.

Pradamuimui
08-27-2002, 04:30 PM
Then get the damn thing...its sounds like you have ur mind already made up...JUST DO IT!!!!

Az02Si
08-27-2002, 04:33 PM
Personally i dont see b series becoming obsolete as some may think.Look how many are out there! And how many more will be coming over in the next few years! Sorry,the aftermarket for the b series will continue to be very strong IMHO for years to come.

02blksi
08-27-2002, 04:36 PM
"Then get the damn thing...its sounds like you have ur mind already made up...JUST DO IT!!!!"

EXXXACCTTLLLYYY! LOL :) ... You sound like i did when i told my girlfriend that i was trading my 01 AV6 that i just got 4 months before, for my si. I was like should i get it should i get it? and she was like well you wont stop talking about the damn car so just do it :) --- THEN i drove off the lot that night in my baby, once again i am happy. I know the feeling you are going through, my test to see if i really want it is this:

Close your eyes and picture the nicest, craziest, longest, stretch of road imaginable now picture youreself in both cars with the window open, which thought brings a bigger smile to your face? -- i know im weird --joe LOL :)

SpeedRacer
08-27-2002, 04:36 PM
and make sure you bring us pictures of your new car

Pradamuimui
08-27-2002, 04:38 PM
Yeah GET THE DAMN THING..BUT I WANT PICTURES AS WELL:P

IceD out N CALI
08-27-2002, 06:39 PM
If it was me I wouldnt do it, but if you like the other car better by all means do it.

Az02Si
08-27-2002, 06:48 PM
Damn this will be odd,3 Sis in 2 years,LOL.Gonna take it for a spin when he gets out here tonight and ill know what i have to do as soon as i drive it.I think i know what i need to do now ;)

DownTheHatch
08-27-2002, 07:20 PM
Have fun with it while it lasts, it will most likely be found one night in a ditch completely stripped.

02blksi
08-27-2002, 07:22 PM
"Have fun with it while it lasts, it will most likely be found one night in a ditch completely stripped."

SAD but TRUE,
---joe, who cant help but wonder once the aftermarket picks up if the 02 si will become the 00si/typer thief magnet of the past. :(

CleanBlackSi02
08-27-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by DownTheHatch
Have fun with it while it lasts, it will most likely be found one night in a ditch completely stripped.

Damn.....the harsh reality of it all. It's true though....someone's out there just waiting to pluck that b-series out.

SpeedRacer
08-27-2002, 09:59 PM
yea someone ,like me :)

j/k i wont do that to you . but i would rather have are car then that 00si with the engine swap. why did he even buy a 00si and put a b18 in it couldnt he have just bought the dx and done a swap and had the same result?

IceD out N CALI
08-27-2002, 10:02 PM
yeah, general rule of thumb is dont take a step down to a used beat up older model, but its your choice.

Az02Si
08-28-2002, 01:43 AM
Used yes,beat up NO.The car first had the stock B16a2,and it was destroyed by nitrous.So,instead of replacing the B16 with another B16,he said hell with it and got the R swap.The car had about 21K when the B16 let go.IMHO,after driving the car tonight,i felkl in love but i seriously have to sit down and make sure i wont miss the EP,even though the bastard needs warranty work already :mad: