PDA

View Full Version : Fixed the clicking clutch pedal myself

sonic imperial
08-01-2003, 06:10 AM
After waiting a couple weeks and still no parts (honda says they're on backorder), I decided to try the WD-40 trick someone mentioned in another thread. I should have tried this a long time ago. Just sprayed some up in the clutch pedal assembly where it pushes into the firewall (not sure what all the technical terms are), the clutch feels new again. I don't know how long it will last but I've been driving it all around and it feels great. I recommend all who have this problem to try this first. If it starts acting up again, it won't take but a second to spray some more. Hopefully it should last a little while though. That seems to prove that something is getting "dry" and is not lubricated well.

styllinep3
08-01-2003, 07:20 AM
yeah i did the same thing last week and fixed it right up... fuck all that going and getting a new master cylinder.. supposably honda has to take apart the whole clutch assembly to lube it , and then its starts like a week later.. i did the wd40 and its been over a week no problmes at all since... sometimes is alot easier then u think.. keep us posed and let me know how u make out.. ill do the same

gabe

sonic imperial
08-01-2003, 07:29 AM
Yeah, I'm cancelling on taking mine in for now. They wanted it for an entire day too, which I never like to do.

Dunrick
08-01-2003, 07:35 AM
it doesn't make sense that this fixes the big POP noise we get....But hey, write up a howto and I'll try it.

styllinep3
08-01-2003, 07:49 AM
its easy man .. just get a can of wd40 ,, get uder ur drivers side dash. remove the plastic door. squirt the cluth assembly above the pedal and the part going into the firewall. i was engaging and desengaging the cluth while i sprayed. i know its ghetto , but why let honda take ur car for a day and rip apart the clutch when u can fix it inl ike 5 mins .. and dont have to tear aynthing apart. imo

SoCaLep3
08-01-2003, 03:54 PM
if possible can you guys take a pic of where to spray.. thanx

glizard
08-01-2003, 03:57 PM
you have the fix right but don't use wd-40
use lithium grease or silicone spray grease because the wd-40 is also a penetrant and will dry out the rubber-plastic bushings you are lubricating at the pedal-master cylinder linkage's pivot point.

hondafiend02
08-01-2003, 04:32 PM
yup i fixed mine myself to good ol wd40 !!! fuk the dealership wanting to hold a car for a whole 2 days for a problem i fixed in 5 min hahahahahha! ha

TrippZ
08-01-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by hondafiend02
yup i fixed mine myself to good ol wd40 !!! fuk the dealership wanting to hold a car for a whole 2 days for a problem i fixed in 5 min hahahahahha! ha

pretty hilarious huh :rolleyes: :D :) :cool:

hondafiend02
08-01-2003, 09:48 PM
yup

sonic imperial
08-04-2003, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by glizard
you have the fix right but don't use wd-40
use lithium grease or silicone spray grease because the wd-40 is also a penetrant and will dry out the rubber-plastic bushings you are lubricating at the pedal-master cylinder linkage's pivot point.

Is that right? I had no idea. I've pretty much always used WD40 for mechanical things like this and never had it dry anything out. Where do I get silicone spray grease, an auto parts store?