PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Wierd clicking noise/shake with CAI

DoMahMeGok
08-01-2003, 06:12 AM
1. I have this weird clicking noise that shakes the car when I drive through the rain/puddles. :eek: When I sense the car shaking, I press down the clutch which seems to make it stop. This noise/shaking usually happens when I drive through unadvoidable puddles. Is this a sign of hydrolock? Should I install a bypass valve for my car?
Note, this sound did not happen before my CAI install. Any help/opinioins will be helpful. PLEASE HELP ! Thanks

2. Also, will the CAI suck up the snow, in winter time and melt it creating hydrolock?

Endersi2
08-03-2003, 12:07 AM
I doubt the clicking noise has anything to do with hydro locking, although that is something to worry about. Did you make the cuts set out in the installation directions. If not it could be rubbing against that part of the frame, or vibrating against it.

DoMahMeGok
08-03-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Endersi2
I doubt the clicking noise has anything to do with hydro locking, although that is something to worry about. Did you make the cuts set out in the installation directions. If not it could be rubbing against that part of the frame, or vibrating against it.

I have an AEM CAI and the instructions didnt say anything about cutting anything, I don't thing. What did you guys cut out?

CgSi
08-03-2003, 07:32 AM
You need to pull back the tire well lining and check it out. You may have broken your vibramount.

You are suppossed to trim some plastic to route the pipe through