PDA

View Full Version : wings...

ryanjennings
08-01-2003, 12:58 PM
why do you need a wing? is it just because it looks good or what..

anyways i might get one but what are the price range on them?

civicSIracer
08-01-2003, 01:39 PM
there is no reason for getting a wing. the only reason is cuz they look sick.. cost anywhere form 250-1000 for a wing.
the replicas are cheap but the look really good.. or go all out on a 980 mugen wing. whatever floats ur boat.

glw
08-01-2003, 01:43 PM
as i understand it as air moves over the car (even at slow speeds) and falls off after our hatch a turbulence wave is created... i expect a longer wing (like the ctr wing) may move the turbulence wave further away from the back of the car helping in keeping it more clean...

but mostly, don't expect anything but looks.

Mugen_EP
08-01-2003, 02:34 PM
LMAO!!:D While I find GLW's response, "keeping the back of the car clean" amusing, my car is still just as dirty with the Mugen wing as without it. The Mugen wing is wind tunnel tested to produce better flow and also downforce most other companies manufacture wings for looks. I actually find my car to be more stable at highway speeds and it also helps keep the rear end in check in the canyons.

EPHatchgirl
08-01-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
LMAO!!:D While I find GLW's response, "keeping the back of the car clean" amusing, my car is still just as dirty with the Mugen wing as without it. The Mugen wing is wind tunnel tested to produce better flow and also downforce most other companies manufacture wings for looks. I actually find my car to be more stable at highway speeds and it also helps keep the rear end in check in the canyons.

WURD to that... even though I only have a lowly replica of the Mugen wing:o , I notice that my car is WAY more stable at highway speeds. Before, my little mini van felt all over the place above 65.....:D

VTECCzar
08-01-2003, 03:47 PM
how are the adjustments on the mugen wing? anyone mess with this much?

EPHatchgirl
08-01-2003, 04:50 PM
I haven't messed with mine yet, because I noticed a difference with how it is set from the shop. I should though... hmm...;)

StrangeShadow
08-01-2003, 11:11 PM
hehe...if it keep the back clean...then I want a 3 foot long wing!!!
:p
The mugen wing is the most performance oriented wing for our car, I need one, for these crazed/curved river-side roads I play on, other than that wings don't do much, unless you're planning on hitting 150plus and drifting :p

glw
08-02-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
LMAO!!:D While I find GLW's response, "keeping the back of the car clean" amusing, my car is still just as dirty with the Mugen wing as without it. The Mugen wing is wind tunnel tested to produce better flow and also downforce most other companies manufacture wings for looks. I actually find my car to be more stable at highway speeds and it also helps keep the rear end in check in the canyons. come on... i should get mad props for the laughs... :D man we can hope though... i'm always washing my car and the rear is always filthy... my ctr wing replica should be here in about a week. i hope it does something!

oh btw - i wasn't including the mugen wing in my statement about functionality... just the other "tiny little" type r and the likes...