PDA

View Full Version : Need Help: SRS Light

ep3guy
08-01-2003, 11:43 PM
I was driving and I stopped at a light. I look down and notice that my SRS light is on. I turned off the engine and turned it back on, SRS light's still on. I checked the two plugs under the seat and they are still connected. I've never removed any of those plugs. How do I get rid of the SRS light? Can someone help me please? :'(

SIxtasy
08-01-2003, 11:58 PM
you can reset in manually. The instructions are on 7thgencivic.com - just do a search. I would however take it to Honda if it just showed up for no reason. I t would prolli be bad if a airbag just decided to deploy. I have my own airbag problem that I will b starting my thread for..........soon

- jeffrey

IceD out N CALI
08-01-2003, 11:59 PM
have you reset it?

mattyb
08-02-2003, 08:52 AM
So ironic that logged on to rant about my SRS light and there is your very thread about SRS lights!!! I am pretty sure I know exactly what it is. First know that if that little SRS light is on then every aitbag in your car is disabled. Ever heard of a guy called murphy? Anyways, I have been battling this very problem. There is a part in our steering columns called a CLOCK SPRING. I thought I knew a lot about Hondas but I have never heard of a clock spring. I had a light a few weeks ago and my dealership reset it and informed me that I may need to have the clock spring replaced if I got the SRS warning again. Boom, now I am waiting for the part to arrive so I can take half a day off of work to have a faulty part replaced. Sucks! Go get it checked out. Hope I helped you with your question... Anyone else have this problem?

ep3guy
08-02-2003, 06:34 PM
Thanks for all the help! I'll bring it in then I guess.

ep_nezay
08-03-2003, 11:33 AM
I had to do it once due to my seats I installed.
Here is how;
1st step in erasing the memory is to turn the ignition off and connect the SCS Service connector to the MES Plug,

2nd Turn Ignition on. SRS indicator light will come on for about 6 seconds then go off.

3rd Disconnect SCS service connector for MES connector within 4 seconds after SRS indicator light goes off. SRS indicator light will come on again.

4th Reconnect SCS service connector the MES connector within 4 seconds after SRS light comes on. SRS indicator light will go off.

5th Disconnect SCS service connector from MES connector within 4 seconds. SRS indicator light will indicate that memory is erased by blinking 2 times.

6th Turn ignition off, and wait 10 seconds. Start vehicle like normal and light should come on and go out like normal. You have reset your SRS light, congrats.

If it does not work the first time try it again, the timing has to be perfect. My first time it took me 3 attempts before it worked, but it did work.

BTW- like someone else said, if it just turned on out of the blue, you should go get it checked at the dealer.

ep_nezay
08-03-2003, 11:37 AM
Its located in the fuse box.
http://members.cox.net/uf-gator/srs/srs_1.jpg

blueiedgod
08-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by mattyb
So ironic that logged on to rant about my SRS light and there is your very thread about SRS lights!!! I am pretty sure I know exactly what it is. First know that if that little SRS light is on then every aitbag in your car is disabled. Ever heard of a guy called murphy? Anyways, I have been battling this very problem. There is a part in our steering columns called a CLOCK SPRING. I thought I knew a lot about Hondas but I have never heard of a clock spring. I had a light a few weeks ago and my dealership reset it and informed me that I may need to have the clock spring replaced if I got the SRS warning again. Boom, now I am waiting for the part to arrive so I can take half a day off of work to have a faulty part replaced. Sucks! Go get it checked out. Hope I helped you with your question... Anyone else have this problem?

Funny, I know what you talking about, but didn't know what it was called. It looks exactly like a clock spring. It is basically a flat wire ribbon, coiled to allow all of the steering wheel mounted accessories/essentials get their power and send the signal (Air bags, horn buttons, and cruise control)

BSEVEER
08-04-2003, 10:53 AM
My SRS light came on so I had the dealer look at it while they were changing the oil and they told me something shorted in the seatbelt buckle...? They ordered the part and are going to fix it. I don't care what the problem really is as long as they fix it.