PDA

View Full Version : water injection

87gn
08-02-2003, 12:56 AM
http://members.aol.com/raydorman/

http://home.att.net/~stevemon/AlcoholInjMod.html

i figure this is some good info for any of you boosted people, its a parts list for 2 diffrent diy water/alkey systems.:)

they say run a 50/50 mix of alkey and water but i like proofing the mixture, take alittle bit of gun powder in a dish and then wet it down with a mixture of alkey and water. if theres to much alkey it will burn so start off with more alkey and then slowley add water until your proofs wont burn. when you get to the point as to where it wont burn you will have the optimal safe mix of alkey and water, the maximum cooling capability of alkey but with out the danger of rideing around with a home made pipe bomb straped to your engine.

WARNING that is not a safe way to test your proof, its just a old racers trick so the 50/50 mix is best/safest (for you) for street use, use commen sence when trying to proof alkey and if you loose a hand it was your own dumb luck because i did warn you.

87gn
08-03-2003, 12:28 AM
im kind of shocked, only 17 views so far :rolleyes: i dont think to many people on here and intrested in true performance any more. it seems like alot of people are only in to the bolt on parts as long as they dont have to do the work them selves.

REVwheels
08-04-2003, 04:01 PM
i currently run an alcohol/water mixture on my turbo kit. the mixture is vital. i pretty much have the mixture pre-mixed for me so i havent had any problems. but it is a great way to make power safely!

87gn
08-04-2003, 08:09 PM
I solute you! http://home.mindspring.com/~earlbrown/smileys/nerdsdoitbetter.gif

lol sorry i just had to do that:D im glad to hear that some one runs alkey around here, what kit do you have or did you make a diy kit?

REVwheels
08-05-2003, 06:26 AM
im using the aquamist system.

sniperSI
08-05-2003, 07:26 AM
if you have to spray something make it Nitrous ;)

REVwheels
08-05-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by sniperSI
if you have to spray something make it Nitrous ;)

cute

87gn
08-05-2003, 02:46 PM
if you have to spray something make it Nitrous

nitrous on a turbo car is a no no http://home.mindspring.com/~earlbrown/smileys/noentry.gif one power adder is enough, two is only good for blowing your headgaskets and thats if your lucky

before some one says its good for spooling large turbos ill have to point out that no one on this board, includeing my self, is running a turbo so large that it needs nitrous to help spool it.

CaptainMurphy
08-31-2003, 09:13 PM
There was a Supra I read about a while back that was running some nos. The car was fast as all get up, maybe my brother remembers more. All I really remember was that he blew his engine something good on the dyno. I think he sprayed the NOS too early and the shit hit the fan so to speak. Of course he had done lots of internal work. The connecting pins were split down the middle, rods snapped.

So, its possible to run both, just not recommended.

I believe it was a 75 shot that blew his motor btw.

87gn
08-31-2003, 10:34 PM
what he was doing is using nitrous to spool a large single turbo. sounds to me like he forgot to shut off the nitrous and/or wanted to try and use both for higher dyno numbers. once the thing hit full boost that engine was gone.

TheMutt
09-01-2003, 09:03 AM
Ummm can you put some of this water stuff I'm reading into "*insert topic here* for dummies" terms. Like imagine you were trying to explain this to a 16 yr old with little or no experience working on cars :D

Umm.. not me though :o

87gn
09-01-2003, 04:48 PM
Ummm can you put some of this water stuff I'm reading into "*insert topic here* for dummies" terms. Like imagine you were trying to explain this to a 16 yr old with little or no experience working on cars

lol, its kind of complicated but ill try the best that i can.

alkey injection greatly reduces detionation (kr). detionation is what will destroy a engine, even alittle kr will eventually stress a crank in to breaking over several yards in high powered applications.

theres 2 advantages to having little or no kr. the first is your engine will last longer the second is that your running computers not pulling timing to compensate for kr. in other words you will be faster with your current boost levels.

now this is where it gets tricky. say that you dont have any kr when the cars at 15 psi (im using gn numbers for example) you will want to start increaseing the boost 1 psi at a time until you get alittle kr, 1-3 degrees top is in acceptable atleast on my type of car. just for a example say i increase the boost up to 25 psi while tuning ofcourse and i dont see any kr. THEN when i hit 26 psi i start seeing some knock, what i would want to do then is cut it back to 25 psi. thats the maximum amount of boost that you will be able to run with the octane of fuel that you are running and your current setup.

i was in kind of a rush to write that so if any things off ill address it and edit it later. now where did i put my tacco salad

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
09-01-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by 87gn

nitrous on a turbo car is a no no http://home.mindspring.com/~earlbrown/smileys/noentry.gif one power adder is enough, two is only good for blowing your headgaskets and thats if your lucky

before some one says its good for spooling large turbos ill have to point out that no one on this board, includeing my self, is running a turbo so large that it needs nitrous to help spool it.

nothing wrong w/ spraying nitrous on your I/C.

87gn
09-01-2003, 06:39 PM
nothing wrong w/ spraying nitrous on your I/C.

never said there was any thing wrong with doing that, the only problem with intercooler sprayers is that you have to empty the whole tank to really effect your et, it would be much cheaper if you used co2 for a intercooler sprayer.

i have a problem with people running nitrous and a turbo, you know spraying it in to the engine. take that srt4 owner i raced a while back, that sucker f-ed up big time.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
09-02-2003, 07:45 AM
depends on your car and how big a shot.
i know someone running a 35 shot on their Maxima (supercharged) and he's holding up fine...
and running 11's to boot (over 400wheel hp)...
i wouldnt try that on a civic tho! :eek: