PDA

View Full Version : -1 for revhard

sniperSI
08-02-2003, 07:09 AM
Did you guys see this thread over at clubrsx.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95891

Pretty weak!

87gn
08-02-2003, 07:13 AM
ive been questioning them my self ever sence there guys could not tell me the specs on the turbo.:rolleyes:

sniperSI
08-02-2003, 07:25 AM
Every exchange i've seen on this board and others; when revhards reputation or turbo kit starts to maybe, in someway gets put on the spot, the revhard fella who is posting on that board starts to for lack of a better word, 'bashing' their competitors or the other posters, and they handle themselves poorly, like a freaking FnF Mom and Pop bolt on shop.

Cybernations, you have my business when i'm in the business of buying a turbo. I await the experiance almost more then the turbo itself.

poppasp1ce
08-02-2003, 07:58 AM
more like -4000 for revhard. damn i feel bad for that guy but after reading his story; i wonder how much of it had to do with the installer.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-02-2003, 08:03 AM
fukin drama.
i agree the way rev hard is dealing w/ the situation is rather immature, but to be honest, by the limited info. given it's pretty clear to me that this "fire" was a result of a bad installation.
yes, the rev hard kit may be a somewhat flawed design, but i dont think the position of the turbo is a fire hazard, as long as you protect the rubber parts in the surrounding area, come on THATS COMMON SENSE!
heat will melt rubber/plastic.
turbos get hot.
if rubber/plastic is near turbo....PROTECT IT!

i would be willing to bet that a fuel or oil leak caused this fire.

87gn
08-02-2003, 12:15 PM
i would be willing to bet that a fuel or oil leak caused this fire.

a oil leak wont cause a fire like that, all oil will do is smoke. hell actually burning oil on your turbo exhaust houseing is a good way to tell if you have any water in the oil, it will sizzle of theres even the slightest amount water from something like a cracked block or a degraded head gasket.

revhardsales
08-05-2003, 09:15 PM
If you read the whole story, He had nothing but problems with it. And our main problem with this story is that 1 he bought this kit used from an individual 2 They put a fuel return line. If it is our kit, this kit is definitely not designed for a fuel return line. 3 the pros should've recommended putting heat wraps and shields if it was obvious the turbo was too close to anything. And to answer someone else's comment about oil fire. The answer is YES oil catches on fire as fast as fuel does. Have you actually been at the races and see these cars blow an engine? That's not fuel catching on fire. And about us not commenting on turbo sizing, that is just how we've always been. We don't spend all this time testing combinations so that others can just get the turbo somewhere else. Last time we did and told someone a turbo combination, they soon had 7 cars that was running as quick as our car. We don't think it's right for others to just copy and benefit from other's hard work.

87gn
08-05-2003, 10:38 PM
The answer is YES oil catches on fire as fast as fuel does.

lol,oil will only burn when alot of blow by is present (aka gas in the oil).

YES thats a cheap way to test and see if a engine is having to much blow by if you aint in a position to do a cly leak down test. just light a lighter to your dip stick. it should not burn, if it does you have some problems with your rings. but who knows, most likely sence your so convenced about oil being as flamable as gas then i might have uncovered another flaw in your kit.

Last time we did and told someone a turbo combination, they soon had 7 cars that was running as quick as our car.

LOL thats bs all we were asking for were the turbo specs.

ssvr6
08-06-2003, 05:22 AM
It's funny that in order for you to reply at all it has to start with a negative comment.

Interesting... :rolleyes:

Steve

sniperSI
08-06-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
It's funny that in order for you to reply at all it has to start with a negative comment.

Interesting... :rolleyes:

Steve

Hmmm I thought this was a

ssvr6
08-06-2003, 10:17 AM
There have been at least 2 or 3 questions posted TO RevHard regarding their product and they never replied.

HOWEVER, if you claim that their kit causes fires...they're right there to defend.

LAME.

How am I geek BTW?

Steve

REVwheels
08-06-2003, 02:13 PM
maybe REVHARD doesnt have the time to monitor the boards like OTHER companies do. when was the last time you caught a GREDDY tech in a forum. atleast he is here speaking his half. this whole thing with selling turbo kits or any other hard part over the internet isnt easy. sh!t goes bad all the time. sometimes due to faulty equipment, wear and tear on the car, and sadly and poor installation. since this kit was a hand me down, im willing to be diplomatic about this situation and say maybe the 1st owner of the kit didnt send the 2nd owner everything he was supposed to get. either way the installer of the kit should have looked out and made the owner aware. if this installer was intelligent enough to install the kit then he should have been smart enough to cover those hoses. this is what happens when you let a TINT shop install a turbo kit on a $25,000.00 car.

its sad to watch a thread on a forum destroy a companies integrity. no one bitches when they purchase and AEM CAI which is said to give 15hp and they slap it on their car and cant gain more that 5-7 hp. no one knows that when AEM dynos a car at base horse power the hood is closed and the fan is working at minimum. then when they put the AEM intake on it, the hood gets popped, oil and plugs get changed. basically what im saying is dont always believe what you read...do a little of your own research.

VBSI
08-06-2003, 11:16 PM
My 2 cents is this: used turbo and all gloves are off. There is no way I will fault a company for a bad product if it has already been installed once(with no fire), and then suddenly it burns up a car when it is installed a second time? This jackass screwed something up, and wants someone else to pay for it. Here is some advice: Buy new and have it installed right, since it obviously saves you money in the end. I have been doing heavy research on which turbo to go with(best deal, support, etc) and I can honestly say that this one experience has no bearing on my decision. However, if I see a post like "Cybernation turbo or RevHard turbo, or Greddy, or whoever burns up every single car no matter if Mullet head newbie mechanic or Mr.Goodwrench intalls it"..............Then I'll worry.

revhardsales
08-07-2003, 12:35 AM
Except REVwheels! Sorry we don't get to answer all the posts in here. We do recommend people just calling us direct. (818 766-0REV) If there's a way to check the time we post, as you can tell it is around midnight cali time. What does that tell you, we work all they usually get home around 10, have dinner and then try to see if we can help clubs like these about questions. Sometimes after dinner, too tired to be spider man browsing the web.

To answer 87GN about turbo specs, remember the time when Myles used to run low elevens and he used to work for a company named JG? This will tell you that turbo specs really make a difference. This is how the OG in Honda Drag Racing goes. Junior-Myles-Archie-Tony. When Myles worked for JG he tested turbo for Turbonetics, when he found the right combination he kept it to himself. So he ran quick if not the quickest, then the guy that used to work for Turbonetics was asked by JG what turbo Myles was running. Keep in mind that everyone was already turbo then. That ex-Turbonetics employee wanted to take advantage of this opportunity then sold JG this combination for $1000 a turbo. When that happened, I know you're familiar with this names when you keep up with Hondas (David Shih, Steph Papadakis, Viet Lam, Andrew Tran, Dr. Charles and couple more.) Suddenly came from nowhere to be recognized. Here's a littlebit of Honda History101 for you. Or maybe you weren't even old enough to ride a bike. Why are people so worried about turbo combinations anyways? This is why when you notice when we list our turbo, we specify what horsepower we've tested is good up to. We don't get it, before our main company focus was to build turbo systems that'll flat out just kick ass. Now for the 02 cars we wanted something that will eventually be CARB exempt, this is why we spent alot of time and money trying to get it running without a fuel return line and run and make descent hp. People starts bashing us cause it wont make more than so and so power without a returnline. Putting a returnline so you can put a mechanical rise/rate regulator is the easiest way to go. Hell we wanted to go that rout. But today's ecu is so sensitive that it will not be cosistent cause the ecu is alway reading something funny going on with those parts. Take a good look at the dyno charts of others claiming they made so much power. That's not even the real printout. If people want to make power later on, all they have to do is ask and we can do it. How many people do you know out there wants to make 400+hp the moment they bolt on the kit? And how much of that power do you think you can use. And don't even tell me that, that is on pump gas and stock motor. They're full of s**t! I'm not naming names anymore cause Myles will chew my ass out. Has anyone with these kits actually dyno their car? Did yu notice that the power was inconsistent and the dip on the torque curve is never at the same spot. Why? cause the ecu is compensating for something funny going on.
And about the fuel on oil your're almost right. Put enough oil on your down pipe/turbo at 1200' and shut the hood then tell me if it doesn't catch on fire. Once again here is Rev Hard again answering questions when they get thrashed on. Call us on the phone for technical support.

87gn
08-07-2003, 12:06 PM
Or maybe you weren't even old enough to ride a bike. Why are people so worried about turbo combinations anyways?

1. more bashing infront of customers, NICE way to sell kits:rolleyes:
2. maby because they like to know what there buying? whats gaurenteing them that there not buying a oem turbo off another car just addapted to the ep?

so let me get this stright, you dont want to tell us what turbo you all use because some ones going to get as much hp as you and beat you in a drag race?:rolleyes: if some one was going to knock off a kit to make the most hp im sure as hell that they would not pick one of the weakest if not THE weakest kit produced. please tell me that im wrong, after all it was kind of hard to read with you rambleing like that

revhardsales
08-07-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by 87gn

2. maby because they like to know what there buying? whats gaurenteing them that there not buying a oem turbo off another car just addapted to the ep?

so let me get this stright, you dont want to tell us what turbo you all use because some ones going to get as much hp as you and beat you in a drag race?:rolleyes: if some one was going to knock off a kit to make the most hp im sure as hell that they would not pick one of the weakest if not THE weakest kit produced. please tell me that im wrong, after all it was kind of hard to read with you rambleing like that

If you check one of your threads or post, I'm not the one saying "So I can copy it and get a cheaper price." It's hard to read my ramblings, it's hard to read your spelling. Get spell check or something. More bashing lol. If you don't know what lol is it's lots of laughter. Did I spell that right? lol...

sniperSI
08-07-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by revhardsales

If you don't know what lol is it's lots of laughter. Did I spell that right? lol...

*laugh out loud.

edit:

I really could care less who's turbo makes what, or what caused who's fire where why when and how at the moment. I'm just wanted everyone to judge for themselves the kind of Customer service and relations RevHard provides about their product.

I mean, your running a business and you talk down to people give them the run around insult them and bad mouth your competition. You sound like a bunch of PR

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-07-2003, 05:10 PM
OK just an FYI...

This "revhardsales" guy DOES NOT OWN REVHARD!
My guess is he's a salesman, and maybe a poor one at that.
He obviously never attended a business school or took many communications classes; but lets not hold that against the entire company RevHard.
* Myles Bautista * owns RevHard.
And I know from experience he is a stand-up guy; honest; and offers great products for Hondas/Acuras.
He's been in the business since before 95% of ephatch members even got their license.
I had the chance to meet him back in 1999 or 2000 when he brought his Integra to a shop i was associated with at the time; for storage and to work on; I even got to play around with the car myself for a couple months...hehe...

There's no need for anyone to bash anyone.

Steve, you had a good experience with Cybernation and that's great. They're probably an excellent shop with great customer service, etc and i would not have any problem letting them work on my car, BASED ON THEIR REPUTATION.

Likewise, I would have no problem letting REVHARD work on my car (if i lived in cali) because i KNOW the type of work they do and the R&D that goes into each product they sell. Not to mention they have an EXCELLENT reputation outside of this little website called ephatch.com.

Let's not let a stupid e-argument hurt the reputation of a great company.

My $0.03.

---Adam---

sniperSI
08-07-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
OK just an FYI...

Likewise, I would have no problem letting REVHARD work on my car (if i lived in cali) because i KNOW the type of work they do and the R&D that goes into each product they sell. Not to mention they have an EXCELLENT reputation outside of this little website called ephatch.com.

---Adam---

Well Adam, for every good experience people have, they tell 2 people for every bad they tell 10-20. (CS Fact)

Revhardsales needs to change his name to something else because if I ran revhard and I saw some dipstick sales person of mine making my business look bad i would be livid. And trust me he