PDA

View Full Version : Savesteve - Fremont, CA

savesteve
08-03-2003, 06:19 PM
A link to some picks of my stock SI. Thought hey came out pretty well tho and wanted an opnion. So am I the only one who bought the blue one or what?

http://www.silenthalo.com/Car

Mods:
AEM CAI
Some Tint for the 3 back window
SI Floor mats (I know this dosen't count but I payed for em :))

Master Plan:
Comptech Headers (soon)
Comptech Exhast (soon)
Some type of 17"s still looking (soon)
(suggestions would help :) I'd like gunmetal or black probly)
Type R JDM Wing (timeframe depends on how much I can get one for)
Jackson Racing Supercharger (probly in `04)
Hondata Flash (for the Supercharger)

Thanks guys.

ryanjennings
08-03-2003, 06:39 PM
whatsup bro, welcome to the forums.. nah man your not the only one who bought the blue there are a few others :) congrats on the car and goodluck!

shimmy_yaz
08-03-2003, 07:23 PM
Welcome and enjoy. No u are from from the only 1 with a VBP SI, I gots one

JapanExpress
08-03-2003, 07:24 PM
nice, I got the same color

you're lucky you don't have the pinstripe, I had to get mine removed and I can still see where it was faded :(

savesteve
08-03-2003, 07:40 PM
heheh Thanks guys. Seems like silver was the big ticket :). I'm thinking of getting a new intake any thoughts? I'm currently looking at the AEM CAI and the comptech icebox. I'm concerned about water as this will be my daily driver rain or not :). Also on a side note I'm have the 3 rear windows tinted to 5% next tuesday. I'll drop some more pic once it's done see whatcha all think :).

savesteve
08-03-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by JapanExpress
nice, I got the same color

you're lucky you don't have the pinstripe, I had to get mine removed and I can still see where it was faded :(

man that's all bad, think the paint will blend together eventualy or is it from the adheisive (pardon my spelling) that they used to stick it on? Also I have the notorious dash dimple as well next to my AC vents do you? Think I'm just going to live with mine cause I don't want them to monkey up the rest of the car when they replace the dash to fix it :).

JapanExpress
08-03-2003, 07:46 PM
the guys at the body shop said it will blend eventually, especially after a good waxing

and what is the dimple you're talking about? I've never heard of it

savesteve
08-03-2003, 07:55 PM
If you scroll down a bit in this thread you can see what i'm talking about. That's cool that they said it will blend tho.

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18509&highlight=dimple

02TafWhtSi
08-03-2003, 08:08 PM
Nice blue EP! ;)

savesteve
08-03-2003, 08:36 PM
Doh, forgot to list my mods :).

Drop in K&N highflow Air filter :).

savesteve
08-03-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
Nice blue EP! ;)

Thanks man, I like your ride as well. Checked out the cool wing. Maybe I'll hook one up for my ride. What was the total cost? (wing/install/paint) (if you don't mind spilling the beans) . Thanks again.

ep88
08-03-2003, 09:11 PM
i saw a stock blue in pasadena (driven by a hot chick :p), i'm loving the color man ;)

Brettnyt
08-04-2003, 12:24 AM
Nice ride! The pics look good... Like the photoshop blur effect...

02TafWhtSi
08-04-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by savesteve

Thanks man, I like your ride as well. Checked out the cool wing. Maybe I'll hook one up for my ride. What was the total cost? (wing/install/paint) (if you don't mind spilling the beans) . Thanks again.

Thanks. The wing is a replica of the Civic Type R version which I bought from Renova Auto (Renovaauto@yahoo.com) for $160 shipped. The total cost of shaving and filling (the end mounting supports), sanding, priming, painting, clearcoating, and installing will depend largely on your auto body but will be between $300-$500 on avg. - parts and labor. It's well worth it seeing as how the OEM Honda version is $450 BEFORE any work is done :eek: . Contact George with that e-mail address - He is super cool .:cool:

golferjn
08-04-2003, 07:24 PM
nice car. the blue looks cool. welcome and hello

SiNi$t3R
08-05-2003, 06:02 PM
Hey bro im from Freakmont too