PDA

View Full Version : springs w/o shocks

blkcivicsi2002
08-03-2003, 09:40 PM
are new shocks really important when lowerinng your car??
i have nuespeed race springs, but new shocks are damn expensive.. i really want to drop this fucker..

iVtec si
08-03-2003, 09:46 PM
from what I hear 1.5" drop is okay with our stock shocks...
but it will make them wear out quicker.

civic hatch boi
08-03-2003, 09:59 PM
i've had neuspeed now for about a year. no shocks. ride is krappy and i hear clicks and cracks every minute, but at least it looks better :) haha.. no money for shocks. drop it. and buy shocks later when ya got money

blackyEP3
08-03-2003, 10:06 PM
Is our shocks the same as the R shocks?? If it is, maybe we can lower it an inch without worrying about wearing our shocks out prematurely?

SoCaLep3
08-03-2003, 10:26 PM
as previous threads have said its not how much u lower it but the rates of the springs that will kill your shocks faster

fyzm7357
08-03-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by SoCaLep3
as previous threads have said its not how much u lower it but the rates of the springs that will kill your shocks faster

If that is so, then how are the spring rate for the Tein Tech-S springs on our stock shocks?

Civicvtec1ps
08-03-2003, 10:42 PM
i think its WORTH wait ,and save up and buy fullcoilover or springs/shocks at same time. i mean think about it, eventually you will need to replace with new shocks. so why not just wait then save up and do it right at first time. dont forget about installing time/money and realignment.

audomatik
08-04-2003, 11:50 AM
my car rides damn good on tein s tech springs w/ stock shocks. takes bumps better then stock and rides real smooth on the highway. i love it. i'll eventually get a fullcoilover system later down the road, but there are more important things coming before that.

LedFoot
08-04-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by audomatik
my car rides damn good on tein s tech springs w/ stock shocks. takes bumps better then stock and rides real smooth on the highway. i love it. i'll eventually get a fullcoilover system later down the road, but there are more important things coming before that.

Got the same setup on my car and had it for about 3 weeks now. I believe that the only wear and tear are on the tires. But there are a lot of people out there with just springs on stock shocks and no problems thus far. I am still thinking of saving up on aftermarket shocks in the future... that is after i replace my stock rims/wheels when they get all worn cause they definately can't grip for sh*z.:mad:

sniperSI
08-04-2003, 01:51 PM
I'have had neuspeed 1. 5 drop for almost a year now and 25,000 miles,

The ride is a bit bumpier/harder, but by no means undriveable, with no squeeks etc etc

But if i had to do it over again i would of waited for full suspension from mugen. or tokico