PDA

View Full Version : weak engine?

Tnhatch03
08-04-2003, 08:49 AM
here is a good question about tha ep....do we have a too weak of an engine to have it support a turbo? if so...what do u have to do to, i guess you would say, not have a weak engine? has anyone else heard about this or is it just that i live in TN and that happens to be what is goin around here?

ssvr6
08-04-2003, 09:33 AM
Huh?

The K-series motor can handle boost just fine.

Steve

G-J
08-05-2003, 03:19 PM
Hell I have read that the Civic's K20 is safer to run a turbo then the RSX's K20... where did you hear that at Tnhatch03?

sniperSI
08-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by G-J
Hell I have read that the Civic's K20 is safer to run a turbo then the RSX's K20... where did you hear that at Tnhatch03?

I heard the rsx's k20 is the same engine as the civics k20

Where did you hear that at G-J

HEHE

anyways,

yeah steve is running like 1 bump above stock boost pushing 260+ hp,

there are about 4 kits out right now some of them pushing up to and above 400 hp

Our civics are the best civic engines yet to boost.

Tnhatch03
08-05-2003, 04:52 PM
well, like i said....some things ya hear from other ppl...i was just curious as to if anyone else heard of this...but i guess no one has so i will just leave it at that....thanks...ill make sure to tell some ppl that my car can run boost thanks guys

sniperSI
08-05-2003, 05:13 PM
Yes spread the gospel of the SI my friend, bring knowledge to those who doubth the SI, Spankth thine ass who hasth blasphemy the SI by a daunting dual of engines to humble thy ignorant ramblings of the B series haters

Tnhatch03
08-05-2003, 05:46 PM
all im gonna say is this........LMAO @ sniperSI

TezGari
08-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by sniperSI
Yes spread the gospel of the SI my friend, bring knowledge to those who doubth the SI, Spankth thine ass who hasth blasphemy the SI by a daunting dual of engines to humble thy ignorant ramblings of the B series haters

Amen....;) .....

Dunrick
08-06-2003, 07:12 AM
the rsx-s engine and our k20a3 are not the same engine when you turbo them. On paper, our car should last longer turbo'd at 7psi than the k20a2 at 7psi. With our lower compression ratio our internals wont wear out. We also get more gains per psi than the k20a2.

K20a3 is as good as a factory n/a engine can get for bolton turbo. Its almost like Honda had our fast and furious asses in mind hahah

esmith13
08-06-2003, 07:39 AM
Well, I agree with everyone here, but could you have been referring to 500+ HP turboing????

The answer to that would be the new Darton Sleeves they just released for our engines. That'll bullit-proof them for MAD power!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong tho, but ANY 150-200HP N/A engine would need sleeves to handle 20-30 lbs of boost. So comparatevely, our engines are still NOT weak......

Eric

surfsi
08-06-2003, 08:05 PM
I think all this feedback should insure you. I'm turboed and the only thing that is any bit weak is the clutch, which is a given! Go ahead and turbo your car (you'll be thanking yourself).

Tnhatch03
08-06-2003, 10:16 PM
thanks guys....lol...well...i decided to go show and then go cuz college is fixin to start and ima see what kinda money situation ima be in...but i will be comin out w/ a turbo in tha future...believe that!!!!

Tnhatch03
08-11-2003, 10:41 AM
do we have to build r engine up to get a turbo? what about tha bottom end of tha engine?

esmith13
08-11-2003, 10:55 AM
engine don't need nuttin' for stage I...
You do get new fuel injectors and pump with the cybernation kit tho.... better safe than sorry with that....

Engine is good for like 8 psi or so safely without building it up first...

Eric

Tnhatch03
08-11-2003, 01:24 PM
what exactly does tha fuel injectors and pump do? whats tha purpose and how does it help? tryin to learn as much as i can. thanks

ep_nezay
08-13-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Tnhatch03
what exactly does tha fuel injectors and pump do? whats tha purpose and how does it help? tryin to learn as much as i can. thanks

Bigger injectors allow more fuel to flow.
Bigger fuel pump, pumps more fuel.

Air + fuel = power
That mixture always has to be balanced.

esmith13
08-14-2003, 07:02 AM
yep, and since the whole function of the turbo itself is to force more (hopefully colder) air into the engine, more fuel is necessary to maintain that balance.

A stock fuel injector and/or pump could fail if the car requests more fuel constantly and the pump and injectors can't keep up....

If you really want to know how the WHOLE THING works, look here....

How Turbo's Work (http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turbo.htm)

Eric