PDA

View Full Version : Cybernation kit questions

dustinhurley
08-04-2003, 08:58 AM
I'm thinking about turbo as next summer's project. Look like Cybernation kit is the best by far. I just have a couple questions so that I can better plan my funds. What other things do we need, other than what already comes with the kit? I'll start with gauges. It comes with a boost gauge, what about A/F ratio, oil temp, exhaust temp, fuel pressure, etc.? Are these gauges needed for 7.5 psi? Now onto electronics. It comes with S-AFC, but what about a turbo timer, boost controller, fuel management, ignition management? Does their piggyback system bypass the need for all these extra electronics? A couple more questions. Would it be possible to weld an aftermarket cat into the downpipe, and would I pass emissions with this? Should we run colder plugs, and better plug wires? Is there a need for hi flow fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator? Sorry about all the questions. Help is appreciated. Thanks.

ssvr6
08-04-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by dustinhurley
What other things do we need, other than what already comes with the kit?
A/F ratio Y
oil temp N
exhaust temp Good idea, might be a little better than A/F
fuel pressure N
Are these gauges needed for 7.5 psi? Some are

turbo timer Y
boost controller Not needed, but it's a good idea if you plan on upping the boost
fuel management N
ignition management N
Does their piggyback system bypass the need for all these extra electronics? Y

Would it be possible to weld an aftermarket cat into the downpipe, and would I pass emissions with this? Yes, you can add a cat. I don't know how strict your emissions are. You might, you might not.

Should we run colder plugs, and better plug wires? Good idea
Is there a need for hi flow fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator? N

I hope that helps.

:)

Steve

dustinhurley
08-04-2003, 12:12 PM
Thanks, that helps. One more question. Could the turbo kit benefit from a V-AFC? I know it comes with the S-AFC, which just controls air and fuel. But, could VTEC tuning be benefitial? Or could it just make things worse? Thanks.

ssvr6
08-04-2003, 12:19 PM
The VAFC currently doesn't control iVtec. There are rumors that the VAFC2 does however. As for what bad/good it will do, I don't know.

Steve

dustinhurley
08-04-2003, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I mean V-AFC II. I emailed Cybernation about it.

esmith13
08-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Steve,

Did I read correctly above that the stage I kit from CN COMES with a turbo timer?????

it's not listed on their site.....

Eric