PDA

View Full Version : When my car got Egged!

BlackNRedSi
08-05-2003, 09:22 AM
Ok peepz,

My car got egged by some fuking little Jagoff on my street....i cant prove it was him...but here was the deal

about 2-3 months ago the car was egged...i got all the eggage off, but one of the eggs left a circular mark on the car... it looks like chippings caught in the paint, or something....Does anyone have any idea how you can fix this? like i kno there is touchup paint, but does touch up paint do anything but make your car look worse?

I wanted to enter my car into comps, but i cant with a blemish like this....

is there a way you can like buff touch up paint into the exsising area?

icegrill
08-05-2003, 10:48 AM
sorry but the egg etched the paint in that area there is nothing that can be done. The acidity of the egg basicaly ate through the clear. I had birdshit left on my granada black civic for a day and when I finally got home to clean it off it was too late there was and area where the paint had the same crackle effect.

greenguy
08-05-2003, 11:52 AM
Sorry to hear that bro! In the future make sure you have plenty of wax on your car. Hopefully it will buy you some time until you can clean it of.

BlackNRedSi
08-05-2003, 12:09 PM
damn! well i guess ill have to get the damn door painted or soemthing, cuz it looks BAD, well prolly just to me tho....

then the other day a bird took this nazy shyznit on my roof of the car, well i got that stuff off ASAP...but there is a mark, i can see it didnt eat thu the clear coat....but you still see the stain...think thats just sitting ontop of the wax? kuz i waxed my EP with the 3 stage mothers....

thanks for the help guyz

eric

BSEVEER
08-05-2003, 01:12 PM
The same thing happened to my friends 94 Z28 and I'm sorry to say you can't fix it unless you have it repainted. The circular or egg shaped marks left were from the shell scratching the paint when it broke, not from the acid in the egg. The egg yolk will ruin your paint too if it's left on too long.

k20hatch
08-06-2003, 01:53 PM
I have one on my drivers side door...it sucks ass...

staticflo
08-08-2003, 10:42 PM
take it to a detailer the guy i go to can get anything out. it wont hurt to at least have them take a look and let u know....