PDA

View Full Version : So... I have a siren...

TrippZ
08-05-2003, 10:34 AM
I recently got a siren for a car, and I was just playing around and put it on my car battery, and this mother f***er is LOUD!

currently I have the stock alarm, and it would be pretty rad if I could kick it up a notch by putting this in.

only thing stoppin me is... where the hell is the alarm? I don't even know what the thing looks like!

If anyone could help me out with a walk through of how to wire the alarm that would be fantastic!

let me know!

john ;)

civic-si 2003
08-05-2003, 10:47 AM
let me look through my service manual and see if i can tell you......

TrippZ
08-05-2003, 11:00 AM
excellent, thanks bro.

:D

STL-EP
08-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ

only thing stoppin me is... where the hell is the alarm? I don't even know what the thing looks like!

The "stock" alarm isn't really an alarm--it's just keyless entry. Do you have the dealer installed alarm, with the LED on top of the steering column? If so, then it doesn't use an alarm siren, it just uses the car's horn as an alarm. And the relay that controls the horn is internal to the alarm module, which is mounted up above the steering column under the dash. I installed mine, and I probably still have the wiring diagram, which could enable you to find the wire that goes from the alarm module to the horn relay. You could theoretically reroute that wire to a new relay that controls your siren. If you want me to look this up, let me know.

STL-EP

TrippZ
08-05-2003, 03:18 PM

I think ill either get a friend to do it or just wire it to my horn. itll be cute when I honk my horn and the alarm goes off

cbecker333
08-05-2003, 03:40 PM
I think that is a good idea - so many times I've been on the road and wished I could use the ultra-loud horn (activates when you push 'panic' on the remote). Only thing is, it sounds like you might get a cop's attention or (worse) distract someone severly and CAUSE an accident. That would only happen to you, Trippz :p