PDA

View Full Version : Mugen sport suspension installed!

siep
08-05-2003, 03:33 PM
Just got them installed yesterday. Not much of a drop, but enough for me. Wow, what a big difference they were from the stock shocks and H&R springs. They ride great over small bumps and I can tell that the rebound is much quicker than before. I wish I had bigger wheels, but I'll be poor for awhile now. Good job to Mugen, looks like there was enough R&D put into this kit. :D

siep
08-05-2003, 03:36 PM
Another pic

siep
08-05-2003, 03:39 PM
Install view for the front.

02TafWhtSi
08-05-2003, 03:59 PM
I'll be installing my set this Friday. Did you run into any issues during the install? Did you have a wheel alignment done afterwards? How stiff is the ride compared to stock? Sorry for all the ?'s, I'd just like as much info as possible before we jump into this ;)

Jodster
08-05-2003, 04:01 PM
It looks really good man!!! I wish it was a little bit more of a drop, but hopefully after it settles it will look a little lower.

siep
08-05-2003, 04:07 PM
There were no problems with the install, it was basically a straight swap. There were even new upper nuts and cotter pins included which was a nice thing to have on hand. I did get a 4 wheel alignment afterwards. I didn't check the specs though, I was too excited to rail the car around. It is definitely stiffer than the stock shocks, but nothing that would bother me daily. It's the perfect setup in my opinion!:p

00-ITR-373
08-05-2003, 04:35 PM
That's great Siep. Thanks for sharing. I had most of the same questions as the others. Sounds like it's completely do-able for daily driving. Thanks for the pics and comments. Keep us updated on the ride quality and how much improved the handling is!

Si_Nutt
08-05-2003, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the pics Siep....I ordered mine this morning and was taking a big chance not seeing a pic, but now I am cool. I have the exact set up you had (H&R Springs and stock shocks) How is the ride now? Is the bouncing gone? Did you take any measurements before and after? I am curious as to how much higher it is compared to the H&Rs. My main concern is the ride and it sounds like your happy with the results....Thanks again for posting the pics.

ALCT
08-05-2003, 04:43 PM
it will definitely look better with 215/45/17 tires, thats why I am looking forward to seeing 02tafwhtsi's install which will help me alot to decide on what I want: kw, tein or mugen.

rswbrixton
08-05-2003, 05:10 PM
Its official !@!!!!!

Just called the good people at A-J Racing and officially placed my order and deposit for the Mugen suspension .

Im am very relieved to see these come to market , my front shocks are bust and the Neuspeeds Race on blown shocks has become a lttle unrefined to say the least .

I do not require the adjustability that coil overs afford , and besides , the winter elements would be near devastating to the construction of most setups . The KW is by far the superior setup in this regard .

Damn , I got a six to eight week wait .

Civicvtec1ps
08-05-2003, 06:29 PM
now thats perfect drop for me
car looks awesome . i love that drop

02TafWhtSi
08-05-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by siep
There were no problems with the install, it was basically a straight swap. There were even new upper nuts and cotter pins included which was a nice thing to have on hand. I did get a 4 wheel alignment afterwards. I didn't check the specs though, I was too excited to rail the car around. It is definitely stiffer than the stock shocks, but nothing that would bother me daily. It's the perfect setup in my opinion!:p

Cool :)
Was the steering wheel off center when you were done? I know this is straghtened during an allignment but was curious if this was affected at all...

IceD out N CALI
08-05-2003, 09:59 PM
nice drop

AkronSi
08-06-2003, 07:09 AM
Now thats what I'm talkin about!

Looks perfect IMO. I can't wait to get these for my own car some day. unfortunately, I need some new funds to do that. Time to start whoring!

Gasp23
08-06-2003, 07:31 AM
I like the way it looks. I'm most defenetly doing this in the future as my supension mod.

Thanks for the pics. Is it just me or the pictures now don't load on the same page and are downloaded in a new page?

siep
08-06-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi

Cool :)
Was the steering wheel off center when you were done? I know this is straghtened during an allignment but was curious if this was affected at all...
Yeah, my steering wheel was clocked to the right a bit, but I took it in for an alignment as soon as I was done. Man, I can't get over how these things feel, 1000 times better, especially on hard cornering. The car doesn't want to sway over as much as my old setup. It's way more responsive now. The rebound/compression on the Mugen shocks is perfect. Couldn't ask for a better upgrade.

HondaMan
08-06-2003, 10:21 AM
Very nice...when I get some money I'm not sure what I will do i.e. KW vs. Mugen. I doubt I will take advantage of the coilover KW design and the Mugen name and price is nice. Hmmm... :D

So, where is the best price found for this Mugen suspension system?

02TafWhtSi
08-06-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan
Very nice...when I get some money I'm not sure what I will do i.e. KW vs. Mugen. I doubt I will take advantage of the coilover KW design and the Mugen name and price is nice. Hmmm... :D

So, where is the best price found for this Mugen suspension system?

The only place I know of that sells in the states is King Motorsports (http://www.kingmotorsports.com)
and they charge $1K for the kit and about $30 for shipping. if anyone else has another source please post it - King is the only place I know of :)

alex_mathews
08-06-2003, 05:24 PM
Is a camber kit needed with this suspension setup?

SiMPLE_SiMON
08-06-2003, 05:47 PM
IPS Racing is another one.

HondaMan
08-06-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by alex_mathews
Is a camber kit needed with this suspension setup?

Rear camber kit more than likely, front camber kit probably not.

Joker
08-06-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by SiMPLE_SiMON
IPS Racing is another one.
Mike has a group buy going right now!!!

www.ipsracing.com

silver ep
08-06-2003, 08:29 PM
Lookin good! :cool:

00-ITR-373
08-07-2003, 04:02 AM
Siep, you didn't put a camber kit on did you? And your allignment showed you were completely in spec all around? Thanks.

siep
08-07-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by 00-ITR-373
Siep, you didn't put a camber kit on did you? And your allignment showed you were completely in spec all around? Thanks.

I already had camber kits front & rear from the previous setup, but from the spec sheet, I was up to -.07degrees on the pass. side front. The rears were ok, but again, it already had the camber kit in from before.

bob c
08-08-2003, 08:23 AM
FYI,
King Motorsports has the suspension kit in stock as of fri am.

Bob

02TafWhtSi
08-08-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by bob c
FYI,
King Motorsports has the suspension kit in stock as of fri am.

Bob

Are you the Bob from King I ordered my set from a few weeks ago? This is Eric from NJ. If so I am very pleased with them! Shipping was very quick and the service was high quality. Thanks :)