PDA

View Full Version : eps are crap inside???

ac22
08-05-2003, 07:43 PM
I found this on another forum that i go to.
the one thing i like about the sir is the inside.

"2 week ago i went for my 1st oil change so i run around and check for cars while waiting...............trust me man even the civic Sir {new 27k one} has a uber shitty interior......the cheap plastic and clothing seat quality made me laugh too {well for a 27k car anyways} so i wonder why people want a civic Sir with cloth seat and no option over a 29k altima V6 with full safety feature and fully equiped plus a 250/246 nasty engin"

i dont think he knows about alcantara yet as he likes to call the seats cloth. and i dont know about the us si but here the car comes loaded from heated mirrors to power everything etc..

JLannoo
08-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Well the seats are cloth. However I have never had anyone say anything less then awesome when it comes to the interior.

Our interior is uber cool...the seats have "wowed" everyone that has seen them. People think I added them. :)

I would prefer it if the dash was soft like my del Sol. The hard plastic scratches really easy.

ep3si02
08-05-2003, 07:59 PM
the sides of the front seats are suade. most people love the si's interior

JLannoo
08-05-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by ep3si02
the sides of the front seats are suade. most people love the si's interior

Its not suede. Its a fake suede called Alcantara

ac22
08-05-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by JLannoo

Its not suede. Its a fake suede called Alcantara

alcantara is suede. its an automotive quality same used in exotic cars.

Whoisray
08-05-2003, 08:06 PM
I love our interiors! people are amazed often by the roominess. Yea i also love our seats

JLannoo
08-05-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by ac22

alcantara is suede. its an automotive quality same used in exotic cars.

No its not. Its not from a cow. its a fabric

The idea for this innovative new collection of textiles was created in Japan at the research laboratories of TORAY INDUSTRIES INC.. In the early 1970's, they successfully developed a textile substitute for animal hides in response to a scarcity of real leather. Due to its structural qualities and suede-like feel, the new fabric was an ideal alternative.

http://www.alcantara.it/english/

You can tell its not suede just by touching it. Its a good thing too. Suede would get messed up quick.

EP3_DC5
08-05-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Whoisray
I love our interiors! people are amazed often by the roominess. Yea i also love our seats

The interior is great for the price of the car for sure. The seats lack in adjustments I find. I would like to be able to have height adjustment and lumbar adjustment... That's why I'd have to give an edge to the RSX-S seats. Other than that, they grip better than the RSX seats, and look pretty cool. I'd have them if they had more adjustments on them.

ac22
08-05-2003, 08:14 PM
good to know..

in every place ive seen the word ( beofre it was widely used ) it had suede in brackets next to it.

i got my explanation from road and track..

guess they just gave a quick answer.......

EP3_DC5
08-05-2003, 08:20 PM
BTW the interiors do not look cheap at all imo. They look much better than a lot of $30K american cars!!!

siver-SI
08-05-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by JLannoo

You can tell its not suede just by touching it. Its a good thing too. Suede would get messed up quick.

Yea it does not like water witch would suck if it rained and also it wears very fast. I would be by about 3K miles on the car you could butt marks were the suede would be very smooth.

Civicvtec1ps
08-05-2003, 09:48 PM
our interior is freaking sweet.

Brettnyt
08-05-2003, 11:22 PM

"2 week ago i went for my 1st oil change so i run around and check for cars while waiting...............trust me man even the civic Sir {new 27k one} has a uber shitty interior......the cheap plastic and clothing seat quality made me laugh too {well for a 27k car anyways} so i wonder why people want a civic Sir with cloth seat and no option over a 29k altima V6 with full safety feature and fully equiped plus a 250/246 nasty engin"

i dont think he knows about alcantara yet as he likes to call the seats cloth. and i dont know about the us si but here the car comes loaded from heated mirrors to power everything etc..

WTF.... everybody LOVES my interior.... today alone i got 4 complements on it.... "Woah... your car is really nice" "I really like your seats" :)

mytran80
08-05-2003, 11:43 PM
what? the ep3 interior is not cheap! the si has 1 of the most unique customized factory interior!! i get compliments about my interoir all the time. peace$$$

cj miller
08-06-2003, 12:23 AM
i get compliments all the time where i work (rubios baja grill). people think i did the whole inside custom. :)

ac22
08-06-2003, 06:24 AM
exactly! i have a client who drives a sl55. he sat in my car and the first thing he said was " wow youve done a lot of work in here" i said to him it comes like that and he couldnt belive that a honda came with such a high quality and sporty interior.

cbecker333
08-06-2003, 06:44 AM
Nissans aside (they're good cars), compare this interrior to that of any small american car...I've been in neons and 3-door saturns with center consoles that literally flex and come apart with a gentle shove. This car has the highest quality interior of any car I've ever owned/driven. I don't need leather everything and a billion features/options to tell me that my shit isn't going to fall apart - my eyes can tell me that.:p

STP03BlueSI
08-06-2003, 07:58 AM
I love my interier!!! I get a bunch of complements. the only grudge i have is the sunvisors are plastic:( but that can be changed.

Gasp23
08-06-2003, 08:02 AM
The interior is so nice is not even funny. I just love that I get a great car and great interior. What was that guy sniffing when he went on the car???:confused:

RiceCzechs
08-06-2003, 10:21 AM
My take on the interior is that the driver bits are first rate - small, thick diameter wheel with nicely laid spokes, good pedal box, great performance-oriented seats, etc. Build quality is also decidedly high, and ancilliary control slickness (the knobs, buttons, etc.) is solid as well. That said, the rest of the interior won't be giving the competition fits: the plastics aren't up to snuff (scratch too easily, aren't really soft-touch, etc), the little niceties are absent ('dumb' seatbacks without memory, no height adjust; somewhat flimsy feeling center console; cheap glovebox, etc.). A tiny options list doesn't help matters.

That said, this is to be expected, as we're talking a budget interior that has been scaled up to a (somewhat) premium price, as opposed to the opposite - a cost-cutting exercise of a higher-end interior where the niceties have been stripped out but the inner goodness remains. From where I'm sitting, though, it isn't a bad compromise. You get what you pay for, and we didn't have to pay all that much.

I'm still bitter about the seatbacks, though. :eek:

02TafWhtSi
08-06-2003, 04:52 PM
What a shit review...:rolleyes:

ep pilot
08-06-2003, 07:11 PM
I really like my interior, one of the thinks I like most about the car. I have a few complaints though. My silver center dash trim is a little dull near the center vents from a Hot California summer. I can see where the red stitched steering wheel looks a bit sun-bleached too. Also my armrest on my LT door has worn a gray area from my elbow, also the alcantara surface where the seat-belts meets my driver seat when I drive it, has worn an interesting mark on te fabric.

Things I would change about the Interior though....

1) I don't like the red spot in the front seat headrests, I would prefer it black.

2) I'm not a fan of all the silver accents inside, all black or carbon would have been nicer.

3) My passengers love it, and store poop there, but I hate the little shelf on the passenger side of the dash, an Ep is not an SUV or a Van, I feel that tray is un necessary.

4) The Stereo is the worst stock unit I have ever had the pleasure of listening to, The Monsoon system in my previous Jetta rocked by comparison.

5) A center armrest is vastly needed for long trips.

-Ryan

siver-SI
08-06-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by ep pilot
I Things I would change about the Interior though....

1) I don't like the red spot in the front seat headrests, I would prefer it black.

2) I'm not a fan of all the silver accents inside, all black or carbon would have been nicer.

3) My passengers love it, and store poop there, but I hate the little shelf on the passenger side of the dash, an Ep is not an SUV or a Van, I feel that tray is un necessary.

4) The Stereo is the worst stock unit I have ever had the pleasure of listening to, The Monsoon system in my previous Jetta rocked by comparison.

5) A center armrest is vastly needed for long trips.

#1 agree there would like to have seen black and in cloth not plastic.

#2 the silver is OK it is growing on me but I know I am going to buy the CF Red Black kit.

#3 I do not like it. That is when I saw a gauge pod for that area I am realy thinking about it. I just do not know how easy it would be to see though.

#4 I found out that the OEM head unit is not as bad as what my Fords but the OEM honda speekers needed a upgrade bad and I did that and my head unit sounds a lot better.

#5 Yea I would like to see a arm rest or something there. I am surpirsed that there has not been any aftermarket one made yet for the front with how many of use want one.

SiR Medic
08-07-2003, 09:00 AM

Our interior absolutely ROCKS next to the Altima! The Altima's interior looks like it was made by Rubbermaid with all the cheap plastic! The door pockets flex and twist, the molding flash is all over the place, and it even smells weird!

The fake wood option makes it look even worse!

If our seats are so bad... Why are people willing to pay top dollar for them?:rolleyes:

ac22
08-07-2003, 09:34 AM
as soon as the guy posted that in the forum he got killed by everyone:D

i can honestly say that the intreior of this car is well above what i thought a civic would ever be.

dj addicted
08-08-2003, 08:37 AM
I love my interior..the only thing I would change would be an armrest or something.. My old civic, I could rest my arm on the shifter..now, its kinda hard to do. Thats all I would change

TheMutt
08-08-2003, 09:11 AM
Wow I feel like I'm the only one who likes the fact that our seats have no armrest, but then again the longest trip I've made was an hour or so. I'll be driving about 4 hours or so to South Padre Island in a few weeks though, so I'll see how things work out. Also, wouldn't we probably have to give up the race-like style seats if we wanted all the different adjustment thingies all you people want? You guys are just too needy :D

But whoever said that the tray thing on the passenger side needs to go... I'm down with that!

dj addicted
08-08-2003, 09:16 AM
Im not saying have an armrest attached to the seat. I was thinking something like attached to the top of the e-brake. instead of having that little container right next to the e-brake. I love these seats and dont want them changed at all.

BarracksSi
08-08-2003, 11:58 AM
I've driven for many hoursn at a stretch (still only 10-12 at times), and haven't complained about the lack of an armrest. Of course, my last car, an '86 Si (what is that, an EF?), had no armrest either. Plus, it helps ensure that I sit normally in my seat, and that keeps me from screwing up my back by leaning sideways.

As far as the tray/shelf on the passenger side -- I'm SO happy that it's there! It brings back some usability that way too many cars have lacked since airbags became standard. Right now, my diecast black CTR rides there, and a passenger's wallet & cell phone always have a good home there as well. I had been disappointed too many times by new cars that didn't have some sort of shelf over there, and it actually cheered me up to discover it on the EP.

Oh, and the interior rocks. :)