PDA

View Full Version : Debating Hp/dc/comptech

SpeedRacer
08-28-2002, 01:49 PM
ANYWAYS Comptech has headers for are car right now for 495 dollars and i really like this company think i should go for it or wait for DC which will sell the headers for around 400 dollars and personally i do not want to buy HP headers i would rather pay more money now on a known good product then have to spend money later for buying a cheap product now.
can i please have some advice if i should or should not get the comptech thank you and what kind of gain do you think i will have if i get it with my CAI/Cat back?

SpeedRacer
08-28-2002, 02:34 PM
is anyone going to help me decide or WTF?

Pradamuimui
08-28-2002, 02:39 PM
I ould go with Comptech...just for the simple fact that Comptech specializes in Honda and Acura ONLY...and besides Comptech is like the Spoon of the U.S.A. Now dont get me wrong, DC Sports is a great company as well...but Im gonna put my money with Comptech just because they specialize in Honda and Acura ONLY. I currently have a Comptech catback on order, and its supposed to be out in the next couple of weeks or so...I 2 will either go with a Spoon or a Comptech header. Just because of the supurb quality. Hope this helps!!!

David K.
08-28-2002, 02:45 PM
I just got my HP header in today. Looking at it, it appears to be a quality product. Good welds, thick flanges, etc. I understand you guys wanting to go with a product from a known company, I had that same debate myself. If you do get Comptech or DC great, let us know how you like it. I plan on posting after I finish my install and test drive tonight. From the looks of the HP header, it appears to be a great bargain. It's almost 5pm here in Dallas, I should have it in no later than 10pm.

fishboy
08-28-2002, 02:49 PM
i will make my decision based on price, gains, and people's impressions of the product. from the looks of the pictures of our stock header, it looks decent, so i will go exhaust first and get as much feedback on the comptech and dc headers as i can get.

ssvr6
08-28-2002, 02:55 PM
I'll probably go HP since cost is always a factor. If the gains are smiliar (which they are) i'll take my chances with the $180 HP.

Steve

Febrezee
08-28-2002, 03:19 PM
I like spoon... but of the three I think HP is ok... DC is a good compromise of price and quality.... Comp is the best but you'll pay for the best..

SpeedRacer
08-28-2002, 04:47 PM
thanks for the feedback i think i will go with the Comptech. I know the HP is probly a good product and that is good that alot of people will get a decent header for a good price if they go with HP but i want the COmptech because of the quality and the name that backs it. You can get a perfectly good shoe from payless but i would rather pay an extra 50 bucks and get my shoe from the Vans store if you get what im saying. anyways thanks again with helping me decide what header i am going to buy.

COMPTECH
comming soon to an Si near you

02SilverSiHB
08-28-2002, 08:14 PM
you can't go wrong with comptech. let us know how it works out :D

JSIR
08-29-2002, 10:58 AM
Im going out on a limb and saying that all three headers will probably peform within a hp or two max of eachother. Best bang for the buck is HP, for the extra money between Comptech and DC I would choose Comptech - ie DC should be pricing much cheaper than they are - but if you want Ceramic go for DC. Ive seen guys install Comptech headers on their RSX - S and not feel a huge difference, so sounds like all these headers are going to feel very similar. From what I know of DC they will use smaller diameter piping with a split collector, that will probably make it a good mid range power producer compared to HP or Comptech.

David K.
08-29-2002, 06:42 PM
Check my thread on my HP install. Great unit for the price. Plus, as I mentioned in the other thread, our stock header is tiny, and so are the aftermarket units that I've seen, so I don't anticipate too much difference in performance btwn. them. There just does not appear to be enough runner legnth for any real tuning.