PDA

View Full Version : Interior Cleaning

k20hatch
08-06-2003, 01:55 PM
Ok I take my car to many shows...I was wondering what is a good product to clean my dash, door panels, etc. I dont want the shiny look, but just a nice clean look. Anyone have any suggestions for my on what to use to do this?

THANKS ALOT FOR THE HELP...
Mike

87gn
08-06-2003, 09:30 PM
a damp towl works pretty well, all ya need is alittle water.

Surprise
08-06-2003, 09:47 PM
I have not used it yet but 303 Aerospace Protectant is often highly recommended.

303 Protectant (http://www.premiumautocare.com/303aerprot.html)

BlasTech
08-06-2003, 09:54 PM
use masking tape to pick stubborn stuff out of the fabric corners at the last minute.

liljosh63
08-07-2003, 06:58 AM
nah man tha best thing in the world for that brand new clean look is grab a swiffer cloth and just start wiping. those things pick up so much dust its unbelievable. u can use it on ur seats and everything

ZeRo_C0oL
08-07-2003, 02:03 PM
also, I just came up with this idea... never heard of anyone doing it before, but a can of compressed air could work wonders too.

BlackNRedSi
08-15-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL
also, I just came up with this idea... never heard of anyone doing it before, but a can of compressed air could work wonders too.

use it all the time, can of Duster2 Compressed air works great...for vents and everyother thing you cant get into

civicSIracer
08-24-2003, 01:34 PM
i like armorALL CLEANER... great product and no oily shiny shit

BSEVEER
09-04-2003, 01:40 PM
I like to take a clean rag and get it pretty wet, spray it down with Armor All pretty well then wring it out so that it is just wet enough to dust things down. It doesn't leave things too shiny but it is better than just dusting.

X 2KS2K
09-04-2003, 01:44 PM
i wipe all of my plastic/rubber down using a damp microfiber towel, then apply 303. 100% UV protection for my baby :cool:

Ph0nK
10-01-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by X 2KS2K
i wipe all of my plastic/rubber down using a damp microfiber towel, then apply 303. 100% UV protection for my baby :cool:

I'm going to second the microfiber cloth, it works wonders. I use mine dry though, picks up every piece of dust on the first swipe.

sniperSI
10-01-2003, 09:13 AM
lightly apply armoral, and then use a dry dry towel and buff it dry, it won't be as shinny yet it will make the shades of the panel look consistant.

If you just use a towel and a cleaner it makes the panels look dry and off color.

AkronSi
10-01-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by X 2KS2K

I second that. 303 protectant doesn't have any cleaning properties, so you have to clean first.

The 303 will give a nice satin/matte look, but I discovered from another forum that if you mix the 303 like 50/50 with water, you get a dash that looks brand new without any sort of gloss or sheen at all. It's pretty nice. You could even try mixing it with less water too.

It's hard to get 303 locally unless you know of some RV or boating places. Most of them carry it or can get it. But, I found it at Ace hardware the other night looking for something else.

greenguy
10-01-2003, 10:20 AM
If you've ever used a California Car Duster you know that they are a wonder product for the out side of your car. Well they also make a Dash Duster that also works wonders. I highly recomend it:)!

SiR Medic
10-01-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by greenguy
If you've ever used a California Car Duster you know that they are a wonder product for the out side of your car. Well they also make a Dash Duster that also works wonders. I highly recomend it:)!

Ditto! I love it!

I also use a small horsehair brush for vents and hard to reach spaces.

Maguires makes a VERY good dash protectant that leaves a satin non-glossy finish. It looks and smells great!

Also don't forget leather cleaner and conditioner for the steering wheel and shifter!

The most important thing about your uphoulstry... SCOTCH-GAURD IT!

Also, make sure your inside windows are clean... It may sound stupid, but I find a lot of people forget to do this.

gito
10-08-2003, 04:20 AM
I was going to ask the same thing! Those are some GREAT ideas you guys gave us!!!
I do have one more question, I had a brand new door panel interior installed in my SI last week and I noticed that in some areas it looks cloudy?! Is it just me that noticed that the SI have the most delicate dashboard, plastic in the world? or what?
Thanks!

S2kGirl
10-08-2003, 07:25 AM
First, wipe down with a microfiber towel.
Second, Griots Interior cleaner on a microfiber
Third, 303 for a great finish

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_1000&L2=L2_1006&SKU=11104
www.pakshak.com for the best deals I've found on Microfiber towels.

Sb00
10-08-2003, 11:15 AM
303 rocks my socks!!!!!

seriously that is some good cleaning stuff.... i used it about a month ago and it's still pretty shiney, but not greasy looking, all i do is wipe it down every once in awhile with a micro fiber cloth to get the dust and my girlfriends hair off of the dash.... women are soo messy when they shed hair.... grrrr

gito
10-08-2003, 02:43 PM
Is it possible to find the 303 cleaner at the local car supply, like AutoZone or Murrays???