PDA

View Full Version : rear quarter interior creak

JBS02
08-06-2003, 07:16 PM
Did a search for this but found nothing. Have developed an interior rear quarter creaking sound thats killing me. Always upon taking off from a stop or occasionally during slow maneuvers, a creaking sound can be heard coming from driver's side rear quarter trim or B-pillar. Any known fixes? Debating on whether to rip the interior apart myself or let the dealer handle it.

Jaws Of Death
08-06-2003, 07:43 PM
Yeah, that's what I've got going on in my EP. At low speed maneuvers, there is a creaking/groaning sound from behind my drivers seat (not actually from the seat) but behind in the panneling. I've been to the dealer about 5 times and it never goes away. I've also got a bad rattle comming from the door (up underneath the a-pillar) I need to find out if my vehicle qualifies for a lemon law buy back. I know lemon law covers squeaks /rattles and other things that affect "market value." If I try to sell my car, who's gonna buy it if it rattles like a 1975 Pickup. I'd be happy if the dealer would just fix my car, but if that's not going to happen I may need to find a lemon law attorney. Sorry to hijack your thread. But good luck man.:'(

blackyEP3
08-06-2003, 08:55 PM
I was addressing the same problem today.......or tried to but I don't think I found it.

I took out the speaker in the back behind the driver seat, the sound is not there.

I've read on this board somewhere that its actually somewhere near the sunroof area that is making that freaken noise!

TomR123
08-06-2003, 09:00 PM
I have the same thing. Any hypothesis or soloution would be awesome.

BlasTech
08-06-2003, 10:00 PM
Im the king of the creak here. I've had the car in like 8 or 9 times for it, and they keep trying stuff, but never get it. I dont wanna go through the hassle of getting a new car, and having new problems, but it sure irritates me.

The only thing they ever did that seemed to help was when they said there was a ridge of metal that is folded over to cover a weld, and if the ridge touches the other surface, it can make the noise.

They separated a spot where it was contacting, near the bottom of the passenger b-pillar, and the noise was half as loud, and only comes around when the area is extra warm from the exhast below there after a long drive (I guess).

Im really tempted to bring up the lemon law, though my dealership has been very helpful and keeps trying, and loaning me cars.

cbecker333
08-07-2003, 06:26 AM
I had a creak right away when I got the car - after some searching the dealer tech found it was a creaky weld in the spare tire area. I was pretty impressed that they found it at all...best of luck to ya'll with your creaks.

BlasTech
08-07-2003, 07:25 AM
AFAIK, there is a "Chassis Listening Device" that the regions share, passing it from dealership to dealership. Maybe someone could get thier dealership to order it in, and have it available for checking out your car.