PDA

View Full Version : Its Boosting Time!!!!

k20hatch
08-06-2003, 09:13 PM
Alright i got the money now for a turbo kit for the ep...Im just not sure with which system to get? Ive read up on greddy...Would that be the turbo setup i should go for? I need many sugestions because im not really sure which setup to go with....Thanks!!

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/237000-237999/237944_28.jpg

Mad02Si
08-07-2003, 07:43 AM
Drive to Florida and get the Cybernation, or one of those other places down there. I hear and have always heard about good things from Cybernation though. just my 2 cents though

ssvr6
08-07-2003, 07:49 AM
Yeah, come down and go for a spin in my car or Cybernation's 440whp RSX-S.

Steve

esmith13
08-07-2003, 08:51 AM
dude, lemme tell ya....

I had the honda tech my local sponsor spend 2 weeks lookin over the available kits for the EP and when he called me back he said the Cybernation kit was undoubtly the best kit he had ever seen. Then he spent 20 min gettin all giddy over the brands of the components and the fact that the guages and s-afc was included...

He practically begged me to pick that kit cause he wanted to install it and not the others..... Then I got to drive surfsi's car which just came back from a little trip to Cybernation... It was unbelieveable.... Then he spent 20 min tellin me how he fucked up his settings in his s-afc and Cybernation's tech guy walked him through fixin it for like 30 min on the phone until it was perfect, test drives after and all.....

My mind was made up. Cybernation IS the way to go. Just waitin for my kit to show up now....

... VERY impatiently at that....

Eric

02SilverSiHB
08-07-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by esmith13
dude, lemme tell ya....

I had the honda tech my local sponsor spend 2 weeks lookin over the available kits for the EP and when he called me back he said the Cybernation kit was undoubtly the best kit he had ever seen. Then he spent 20 min gettin all giddy over the brands of the components and the fact that the guages and s-afc was included...

He practically begged me to pick that kit cause he wanted to install it and not the others..... Then I got to drive surfsi's car which just came back from a little trip to Cybernation... It was unbelieveable.... Then he spent 20 min tellin me how he fucked up his settings in his s-afc and Cybernation's tech guy walked him through fixin it for like 30 min on the phone until it was perfect, test drives after and all.....

My mind was made up. Cybernation IS the way to go. Just waitin for my kit to show up now....

... VERY impatiently at that....

Eric
holy crap that is awsome. Only thing I wouldn't want is that test pipe, I want to keep my cat for legal reasons...Texas inspection. Also what about carb...Texas hasn't gone that route yet, but being in the military I may move to Cali one day

esmith13
08-07-2003, 09:29 AM
Racer X and Cybernation both told me that a high flow cat or the stock cat CAN be used. Pipe will be custom welded, power will be a little lower, and you would have to have it dyno tuned cause fuel maps would need to be changed accordingly....

Of course in the case of the stock Cat who knows how long it will last - then you'll have to buy a high flow one later anyways.....

Eric

03BlueEP3
08-07-2003, 10:11 AM
Thanks for all the complements guys! If you want more info on the kit and want to get it give us a call 954 523 8483. Don't for get to check out our website also www.cybernationmotorsports.com
If you have any questions I can answer them on here.
-Mike

esmith13
08-07-2003, 10:18 AM
I have one!!!!

My kit is on order for Racer X Motorsports in Wilmington DE.

I was tolk you were using a colder NGK plug during the install, but there not part of the kit. Can you give me the NGK part # so i can buy a couple sets on my own before my kit shows up???

Thanks in advance!

Eric Smith
Soon-to-be Powered by Cybernation!!

03BlueEP3
08-07-2003, 10:36 AM
The heat range we use is #7. You can get them at most of your pepboys or autozone. Just tell them you need #7 plugs and gap them at 32-35 thousanth's of an inch.
-Mike

esmith13
08-07-2003, 10:39 AM
Thanks, Mike!!!! :D

Eric

03BlueEP3
08-07-2003, 10:42 AM
no-problem ... if you need anything else just ask!
-Mike

k20hatch
08-07-2003, 10:55 AM
Well from the looks of things...i think i am going to spend my money on the cybernation kit. Im gonna research a little and probley call cybernation up and ask some questions. But in all i think im gonna stick with that kit..I didint kno that you get all that stuff with the kit! Man i cant wait...:D

03BlueEP3
08-07-2003, 12:06 PM
Our StageI kit comes with:
- Turbonetics T3/T4
- Custom Turbo Manifold
- Turbo/Intercooler/Intake Piping
- Intake Filter
- Turbonetics Wastegate
- Spearco Intercooler
- Blow Off Valve
- 550cc Injectors
- 250psi Fuel Pump
- Custom 3" Down Pipe
- Cybernation Black Magic ELF
- APEXi S-AFCII
- Autometer A/F and Boost Gauge
- ALL Fittings, Hoses (Fuel/Oil), Clamps, etc.
Cost: $3995

http://www.cybernationmotorsports.com/images/rsx/rsxkit1.jpg

http://www.cybernationmotorsports.com/images/rsx/rsxkit2.jpg

esmith13
08-07-2003, 12:10 PM
does the custom downpipe/testpipe have a mounting point for a catback exhaust, or would my CatBack have to be WELDED to your piping???

Eric

ssvr6
08-07-2003, 12:13 PM
It runs in place of the cat and bolts to your mid pipe. IIRC.

Steve

03BlueEP3
08-07-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by esmith13
I have one!!!!

My kit is on order for Racer X Motorsports in Wilmington DE.

I was tolk you were using a colder NGK plug during the install, but there not part of the kit. Can you give me the NGK part # so i can buy a couple sets on my own before my kit shows up???

Thanks in advance!

Eric Smith
Soon-to-be Powered by Cybernation!!

To help everyone out with this here is the part number to the plugs we use:
NGK V-Power Racing Plug 4091
Just make sure that they get gaped to 32-35 thousandths of an inch!

esmith13
08-07-2003, 12:47 PM
Thanks Mike!!

Best place/price I found for them is:

www.clubplug.net

NGK-R5671A-7(5587)Box of 10 - $21.90

Just incase you can't get them locally like me.
Pepboys and auto zone knew of them but did not sell the racing series plugs....

Eric

k20hatch
08-07-2003, 01:10 PM
another question...Around how much would it cost for cybernation to install the turbo?

RockEP_SS**
08-07-2003, 01:13 PM
Sweet kit! Good feedback to from all the people that have the kit. If I was in Florida I'd hook up with Cybernation, and we'd be the Cyber Showstoppers Nation :p :D :cool: !

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

ssvr6
08-07-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by k20hatch
another question...Around how much would it cost for cybernation to install the turbo?

$750

Steve

k20hatch
08-07-2003, 02:38 PM
750$ thats not to bad...How manys day in the shop are we looking at?

03BlueEP3
08-07-2003, 11:26 PM
If you are from out of state, if you bring it on a Monday you will have it by Saturday.

surfsi
08-08-2003, 02:49 PM
Hey Mike can you also give the full plug # that's on the plug so Esmith and I can bulk order because they don't sell those plugs over the counter here? When I fouled my plugs before retuning I couldn't find them anywhere and now have a set of bosch instead and would like to change back! Thanks Rob.

esmith13
08-08-2003, 03:11 PM
Got it covered.... Ordered mine the other day...

here's the info for online buying.....

NGK V-Power Racing Plug #4091

Part# R5671A-7 cost about $2.20/ea

Good place to buy them in boxes of 10 for about $22 a box:

http://www.clubplug.net/

Hope this helps

Eric

surfsi
08-08-2003, 06:53 PM
That's a great price Eric. Are you going to the show in Lahaska tomorrow? I'm cleaned and ready! no entry, just viewing- I don't think I'm show quality YET.

esmith13
08-08-2003, 08:13 PM
nah, my wife's birthday party is tomorrow, and seein that she handed over the cash for my turbo -- tomorrow is ALL about her ;)

Eric

Oh, I did post in the NE forum that iRev is showing @ Ft. Washinton Expo Ctr. on Sept. 27th. I think I am going to enter my car in that show...

http://www.importrevolution.com/

Steve02Si
08-08-2003, 08:24 PM
Not to nitpick, but everyone I've EVER known with a turbonetics gate has hated it. In fact, I've got one sitting in my garage that I literally can't give away! I'd highly recommend ordering the kit without it and using something like a Tial or HKS. Like I said, just my .02. Your results may vary.

Tnhatch03
08-08-2003, 09:10 PM
ok, stage I comes w/ tha T3/T4....but it also says or 60-1 and 62-1. soooo tha question is....can tha T3/T4 be used in both tha stage I and II? and whats tha difference between them?

esmith13
08-08-2003, 09:14 PM
Based on a post above by Steve, to go Stage II from a stage I kit, you just upgrade the pistons and rods, then turn up the boost, which can be done via a boost controller or adjusting the wastegate....

Eric

03BlueEP3
08-08-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Tnhatch03
ok, stage I comes w/ tha T3/T4....but it also says or 60-1 and 62-1. soooo tha question is....can tha T3/T4 be used in both tha stage I and II? and whats tha difference between them?

The t3/t4 can handle boost up to 25psi safly. If you want stage III you can upgrade to a 60-1. If you run a 60-1 on stage I or II it will take too long to spool up. We offer thoes turbo's if you really plan on upgrading to some serious boost but for stage I and II the t3/t4 is perfect.

My stage II will be completed soon and we are going to be running 20psi on the street and 25psi at the track on a t3/t4. We have decided to also run along with the Pistons and Rods, RSX-S Double Springs, Vavles, and Reainters and we are going to raise the red-line to 8,500 and on 20psi we are looking to make alomst 400whp. At 25psi we are looking for well over 400whp. Stay posted for the results on the next 2 weeks.
-Mike

03BlueEP3
08-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Steve02Si
Not to nitpick, but everyone I've EVER known with a turbonetics gate has hated it. In fact, I've got one sitting in my garage that I literally can't give away! I'd highly recommend ordering the kit without it and using something like a Tial or HKS. Like I said, just my .02. Your results may vary.

We have NEVER had any problems with the Turbonetics wastegates. We have one on our 30psi 566whp Civic and no problem. We also run that wastegate on the RSX-S with 400+whp and no problems. We haven't had any complaints with the turbonetics wastegate. We spent alot of time testing parts over a year ago for the K-Series Turbo and we found that the setup we sell is the best.

esmith13
08-09-2003, 07:35 AM
How are you raising the redline????? Hondata is NOT recommended from what I understand... How you gonna do it?? Can I do it with my Stage I kit on the way?????

Eric

ep_nezay
08-14-2003, 12:26 AM
What oil are you guys refilling after the install?

esmith13
08-14-2003, 06:55 AM
The place doin' my install is using the Mobil 1 full synthetic that is used in the Mitsubishi Evo. Not sure what Cybernation is using...

Basically all my "turbo-expert" motorhead buddies said so long as it's a full synthetic it's fine... They also recommended 5w-30 or 10w-30 over the 5w-20 that honda uses. The heavier weight provides better protection on an abused engine.

Eric

87gn
08-14-2003, 02:19 PM
actually, when your running a new turbo you want to use regular oil for the first 2500 miles and then switch to synthetic the reasion being is that synthetic oils will find every weak seal or non condentioned seal in a case like this and cause the turbo to use oil.