PDA

View Full Version : irc.dal.net

shimmy_yaz
08-06-2003, 10:34 PM
I was just wondering if anyone was interested in a chat channel for all of us to just chat. If you are interested go to www.mirc.com and download the script and join the channel #ephatch.com on irc.dal.net If anyone needs help on getting on IRC just let me know and I will guide you on your way.

shimmy_yaz
08-07-2003, 04:02 AM
anyone the least bit interested?? 21 views and no response, come on guys dont be afraid:D

cbecker333
08-07-2003, 06:21 AM
I'm down

BlackNRedSi
08-07-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by cbecker333
I'm down

same here, but i cant during business hours...work for a banking institute, very secure in Information Security....I gotta block people, including myself :( from using IRC, AIM, ICQ, MSN, Y!...etc

but i will when i get home!

Eric

shimmy_yaz
08-07-2003, 02:38 PM
sweet deal that makes 2 people how about the other 3500

shimmy_yaz
08-07-2003, 02:39 PM
Oh and all of the mods will recieve OP status

DX4U2NV
08-07-2003, 04:36 PM
i'll go, i guess. it's fun to watch my firewalls go apeshit as they try to block the millions of people trying to hack me... :rolleyes:

EricP3
08-07-2003, 05:02 PM
ill do it if i can be oped :) but yeah already got mirc and im down.

shimmy_yaz
08-07-2003, 11:14 PM
OK just to let everyone know as I have been told there may be some confusion, the channel is already up and running so please feel free to join at anytime.

Noone gets ops but me(obviously I started it) and the moderators of the site. I think that is the fairest way of doing it, if they are trusted to control the site they are trusted to control the channel.

iR-VTEC2
08-08-2003, 05:24 AM
ack! dalnet = the devil!

make it on undernet please or efnet

cbecker333
08-08-2003, 05:44 AM
Everybody dial in to dalnet! This would be extra cool if there were more than 3 people talking in there....mirc is sooooo easy to set up and use - only takes a minute. Now I can browse ephatch.com while I talk to members live!! holy shit I am such a nerd.....

ep3guy
08-08-2003, 05:49 AM
At least make it on Efnet. :)

cbecker333
08-08-2003, 07:20 AM
ok, I'm not sure what happened to the DALnet room but I've got one on efnet now - feel free to join

potator
08-08-2003, 11:07 AM
:D

shimmy_yaz
08-08-2003, 01:36 PM
Ok the reason i chose for it to be on dalnet is because that was the biggest server and there are alot of scripts and everything designed specifically for dalnet. Also ever since dalnet has been a warez free server there is alot less people on there including all the dumbass hackers and shit. I know another network I would have loved to put it on since I know the guys that run the servers but it is way to risky for the common user.

Now as far as the efnet thing goes yaeh sure that would be fine and great except u cannot register the channel or your nicks which means you are not guaranteed to have your nick when u get on. Also you can only have so many characters in your nick and alot of these guys user names would not work.

sniperSI
08-08-2003, 02:21 PM
Efnet? are you nuts? make it efnet and ill take the channel ;)

shimmy_yaz
08-08-2003, 02:28 PM
Why do you people want it on efnet?? What magical power does it have?lol

shimmy_yaz
08-08-2003, 02:37 PM
Ok I just made a poll in the poll section of the forum. Please go vote for the network you would like the server to be on.

Dalnet
Efnet
Undernet

If anyone else has a different network that they would like to be an option let me know.

iR-VTEC2
08-08-2003, 02:42 PM
hehe okie.

Dalnet: home of the "we got hacked royally 18 times" network

Home of the "users are so wide open...even WE (dalnet) hack them"

Yeah :) dalnet.

*forgot to add the sheer amount of spam bots*

sniperSI
08-08-2003, 02:49 PM
Please like efnet is so much better. As long as you are smart enough to keep your computer up to date dalnet aint shit.

At least on dalnet someone like me can't packet off all the ops in the channel# split a .ru server and cycle channel until i get opped and the net rejoins.

But hey if you want it on efnet go ahead.

(that's called a channel take over by the way)

Talnet at least your channel is safe, any irc network your wide opened, get a firewall. Educated yourself to the ways of the computer.

shimmy_yaz
08-08-2003, 02:50 PM
Ok you don't like it fine go fuckin vote don't just complain. If you really want I will put it on the other network i wanted to. When in a week noone is on the site cuz all their systems are broken i will laugh my ass off. Yeah sure dalnet got attacked, but thats eactly it, DALNET not the users the network. Yeah it may suck if the chan is down for a while but all it is is script kiddies packeting the shit out of the SERVERS. As for spam yeah I hate that, but hey you aint gonna get a perfect situation and we could block alot of that.

sniperSI
08-08-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by shimmy_yaz
Ok you don't like it fine go fuckin vote don't just complain. If you really want I will put it on the other network i wanted to. When in a week noone is on the site cuz all their systems are broken i will laugh my ass off. Yeah sure dalnet got attacked, but thats eactly it, DALNET not the users the network. Yeah it may suck if the chan is down for a while but all it is is script kiddies packeting the shit out of the SERVERS. As for spam yeah I hate that, but hey you aint gonna get a perfect situation and we could block alot of that.

Just so you know i'm on the "Go dalnet" side. Efnet is the aol of irc.

iR-VTEC2
08-09-2003, 03:07 AM
use undernet

1) you can mask your ip/host e.g. user.undernet.org

2) register the chan
3) if you are not good enough to keep your nick (i have for 8 years) then pick something no one will try to steal

or perhaps go to a smaller server like zirc.
I'm really just sick of the dalnet spam.

shimmy_yaz
08-09-2003, 04:33 AM
1. You are only masking your hostmask and it doesn't matter what network you are on if someone wants to do shit they will.

2. The way that undernets services are setup is weird and we would have to wait awhile for the channel to be registered.

3. Good enough to keep a nick. There is no skill there, it is just a matter if someone else wants to use the same nick and you happen to not be on. I want everyone to use their nick from here since that will make it a little easier to know who is who and well alot of these nicks are already taken.

4. Ever hear of +R. If you register your nick and set it +R only other registered users can query you. We could also give the channel a key so no unwanted guest would be in the channel. We could also run an anti-spam bot to block the spam.

5. Like I said before it doesn't matter what network you are on there is gonna be something that someone doesn't like. The best we can do is compromise a little.

iR-VTEC2
08-10-2003, 12:58 AM
As i have said before....i have not lost my nick YET. Years and years...and i have quite a few :)

People try, they fail But i understand.. Most people do not know how to code.

I'm down for whatever network y'all put it on, If you make me an op :)

YOu need guys that avidly try to keep channels free of spam and asswipes while maintaining a level of intelligence.

shimmy_yaz
08-10-2003, 01:56 PM
NO OPS!!!!!! Only mods of the site will recieve ops.