PDA

View Full Version : Got a Retarded Ticktet

Mad02Si
08-07-2003, 07:28 AM
I was coming from Autozonehad to replace a headlight. Anyway I made sure to buckle up and follow the speed limit in the lovely town I grew up in. I just cruise tring to make it home and I look in my rear view and see this cop make a u-turn. I like man he must be coming to get somebody. But I was in traffic of about 7-9 cars, so I started wondering if he got a call or something. Well he flies up behind me and just as I pass the next intercsection he lights me up. Now I have alot of speeding tickets some I deserved other that were kinda shady, but I was just like what the fuck I know I wasnt speeding. Anyway he comes up and ask for the licence, and then tells me "I stopped you for loud music" What the fuck, I told him I didnt really have music on to a loud point cause I really wasnt listening to it. He goes on to tell me that I had it on till he pulled me over and then turned it off. I tried to make him see how retarded he looked and all he did was tell me he had to give me a ticket. Now my question is how do you fight a loud music ticket, whats the loudness range in Illinios? I had one before but I actually was guilty, and I dont have much of an issue if I really did something, but my shit was so low it was fucking stupid. 75 bucks for bullshit at 840 in the morning, he was kinda cocky cause he took forever to write the simple ticket up. I was so piss that I just signed and pulled off he was looking like he was trying to hear my exhaust, but I short shifted till he was gone. This isn't a moving voilation it's just 75 bucks I dont want to spend on bullshit. Anybody got any good suggestions?

Chrisbgft
08-07-2003, 07:41 AM
Did u install all your audio yourself? if not just go back to the shop and ask them to write a receipt saying they "uninstalled all your audio equipment". Back in the days when i had neons i used that everytime. I did it atleast 4-5 times and worked like a charm.

Mad02Si
08-07-2003, 07:47 AM
All I did was head unit and better mids and tweets. Thing is I wasnt really playing it loud cause I was thinking about somthing else. I know it was loud it was only on like 8-9 and it goes up to 30. I usaully listen to it at 20 for cd's and 24 for radio. I hate getting tickets. But I really hate getting them for bogus shit like this.

solutionep3
08-07-2003, 09:18 AM
he's just giving you shit because
1. you have a nice car and
2. dick head cops have nothing better to do.

EnJaNir
08-07-2003, 09:31 AM
if i recall correctly i remember reading about someone filing suit becuase they too got a ticket, however car dealerships etc are able to use loud speakers which can be heard from a much farther distance as noise pollution. so it got thrown out. that sucks..but i think its like so many decibles from like 20 feet i think :-\

BlackNRedSi
08-07-2003, 10:12 AM
fight it in court...

the cop has to have a decible reader to prove your stereo was too loud...just because he heard your stereo doesnt mean shyte....

i gota ticket once in my old car over that, and i went to court (now this is PA) and the judge threw it out because he had no proof....

unless you were being stupid, and you were bumpin it hard, he has nothing on you...and i bet you he wont even show to your court hearing because your not getting any points, and hes not going to take time outa his shift to go to the hearing...

good luck let us know

TrippZ
08-07-2003, 11:03 AM
fight that ticket, thats dumb as hell. kinda like my frotn license plate ticket

whats up with pepole getting gay tickets lately?

civicSIracer
08-07-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by solutionep3
he's just giving you shit because
1. you have a nice car and
2. dick head cops have nothing better to do.

this is soo true...

sorry.. i was pulled over at 715 in the morning for a wondshied banner.. and blue lights for turn signals a couple years ago.. its all bullshit cops:mad:

Mugen_EP
08-07-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by TrippZ
fight that ticket, thats dumb as hell. kinda like my frotn license plate ticket

whats up with pepole getting gay tickets lately?

OK here is my stupid ticket experience...this was on 7/27

OK so I shouldn't have even been driving but my friend gets stuck at my house with no ride home. He asks me to take my newly washed baby out in the fuckin rain to take his ass to La Habra. I'm driving slow as shit cause I got a CAI and dont want to hydrolock (again). I get to a light and the cop is on the other side in the left hand turn lane. There is a huge dip in the intersection so I need to angle which I'm sure causes more unneeded attention to me and he is just staring at my car so I look over and stare back. He looks up and makes eye contact so I know its over. He flips a bitch and rolls me. From the way he was staring at my front bumper I think I'm gonna get a lowering ticket or "no exhaust" or something, but this stupid chump--(Occifer Coleman Badge #424) sites me for VC-251066. Red fuckin bumper lens in the front of my car!! While I try to explain they are factory and they say Honda all over them he states, "Well then the dealership is in violation because the only cars that can have red in the front is police cars". Then he procedes with, "You know what red means dont you....Pull Over". What a fuckin numb nut.

Oh..and on a side note, the ticket states " Clear weather on a DRY street". That funny I could have sworn it was fuckin raining with thunder and lightning......dumb ass.

end rant:angel:

chakra71
08-07-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP

I'm driving slow as shit cause I got a CAI and dont want to hydrolock (again).

whatwhatwhat? how did i miss this one? what happened? how did you hydrolock? on this car? details man, give me info. it's been raining like mad here, haven't had any problems yet...

Mugen_EP
08-07-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by chakra71

whatwhatwhat? how did i miss this one? what happened? how did you hydrolock? on this car? details man, give me info. it's been raining like mad here, haven't had any problems yet...

I had a 2000 Si with a AEM CAI. I was driving home in San Antonio, Texas and there was a flash flood. Got stuck and hydrolocked the motor.

I have an AEM CAI on my EP also but no problems.

kc2480
08-07-2003, 03:25 PM
Go to court.....

You will come out on the top.....

That's one lame ticket....he has nothing on you.

Good luck!

:)

IceD out N CALI
08-07-2003, 03:28 PM
what a dickhead cop

Mad02Si
08-07-2003, 03:52 PM
Thanks for all the advice people I'm really greatfull I plan to go to court and see whats up.

siver-SI
08-07-2003, 06:27 PM
Were in IL did you get the ticket?

super_si_45
08-08-2003, 11:05 AM
its called noise pollution, pick up a traffic law penal code book.

read it.

Mad02Si
08-08-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by siver-SI
Were in IL did you get the ticket? Up in Zion

Mad02Si
08-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by super_si_45
its called noise pollution, pick up a traffic law penal code book.

read it. Oooookkk. Dont remember asking what it was, already knew that. Things who decides whats loud and how they decide it.

psylovibe
08-08-2003, 02:58 PM
haha, i was once driving with my music blasting, not too loud but i guess sounded loud progressive house...anyways there was a state trooper and all sudden i hear "PUT YOUR MUSIC DOWN" with a big ass attitude, i was like wtf and drove away...

super_si_45
08-08-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Mad02Si
Oooookkk. Dont remember asking what it was, already knew that. Things who decides whats loud and how they decide it.

no reason for rudeness

pick up a penal code book an look it up, then u will know "whats loud and how they decide it"

Civicvtec1ps
08-08-2003, 04:00 PM
thats messed up man. freaking cops has no life.....

Mad02Si
08-08-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by super_si_45

no reason for rudeness

pick up a penal code book an look it up, then u will know "whats loud and how they decide it" I wasn't being rude sounded like you were trying to be an ass, I apoligize. But if I could put this in better detail, you all would really see what I was getting at. I have had loud systems before and never got tickets, now when I'm past that faze of my life and content with just clear sound, and low volume levels I get a ticket for being to loud. Now if I was blasting my shit, I would pay the fine and be on my way, but I feel like the cop was just out to harass, and I fit the profile type.

siver-SI
08-08-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Mad02Si
Up in Zion

Ok that is a place for the cops. I do not think they have their own court so it is at Lake or McHenry county court. I would say to the judge not guilty since I do not think I was above the max DB rating what ever it is in Zion. If that does not work then have them test your DB rating at 10 what you think your max level was and that way you can see if it is above.

super_si_45
08-08-2003, 05:33 PM
its cool man, hell, if you feel he was harassing you, call up the pd department and ask to speak with their IAD department (internal affairs division) and file a complaint, wouldnt hurt

Mad02Si
08-08-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by siver-SI

Ok that is a place for the cops. I do not think they have their own court so it is at Lake or McHenry county court. I would say to the judge not guilty since I do not think I was above the max DB rating what ever it is in Zion. If that does not work then have them test your DB rating at 10 what you think your max level was and that way you can see if it is above. Yeah I grew up in Zion, and the court is at Lakehurst, I have been there a couple times before. I'm just gonna go and plead not guilty and hope the cop doesnt show and they realize it's a waste of time and toss it out. I lived in Zion 24 years and it sucks major ass, everytime I go to my dads house or drive thru there on the way to work, I'm so glad I got away.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-08-2003, 06:12 PM
I find it funny that every thread that mentions an encounter with a police officer ends with the statement "stupid pigs".

OK, so they're "stupid pigs" for doing their job.
(see this thread)

AND they're "stupid pigs" for not doing their job.
(see thread about the stolen car)

I guess the only time they're not "stupid pigs" is when they're killed in the line of duty, right?

I'm not going to go into a lecture or anything.
I'll just say ya'al are sad.

siver-SI
08-08-2003, 06:59 PM
I do not think all cops are "pigs". Heck my aunts son is a Sargent at a local police department. No matter what you are going to have that so called guy or woman who just picks on people or cars for no reason because they want too I guess. At every job you have some dumb asses.