PDA

View Full Version : For Daily Driving.....

Si Death
08-07-2003, 12:34 PM
Hey which suspension kit do you guys recommend for daily driving with a bit of highway (no autox etc). Some people here have told me to just get springs but after searching the forums, seems like to hit it safe, i need the whole she-bang with coil over and shocks etc. What do you guys think..... I want my car to have the drop but at the same time i want the car to alst as long as possible.

thnx in advance:D

Whoisray
08-07-2003, 02:02 PM
Yea thats similar to what I want too. I am waiting for the Honda FP line suspension products to come out.

trabadoo22
08-07-2003, 07:34 PM
I would recommend going with the whole coilover setup just because they are tested to perform together unlike mixing springs and shocks. I would check out the Tein basic damper, the Mugen kit, or the Kw setup. I've seen advertisements for the Honda FP package for other model Honda's, but havn't seen any yet for the ep. If they are planning to make one for the ep then that would be your best bet I would think since it's coming from Honda. If anyone knows anything about if they are going to make a FP suspension kit for the ep, I am curious as well.

Civicvtec1ps
08-07-2003, 10:54 PM
i agree on that. save up and buy full coilovers. worth every penny. get it done right first place..

Si Death
08-08-2003, 12:45 AM
How long will the Mugen suspension kit last me??? any estimates ?? if im just gonna be daily driver with a bit of highway??? will it last a long time while still giving me that 1.4 in drop??

Whoisray
08-08-2003, 07:57 AM
I never had any mugen products but I would guess they should last the same if not longer than stock.

Peking
08-09-2003, 12:21 PM
For what you are looking for, go with springs that are just a little lower. Nuespeed sport, Eibach sport, ect. Don't have to change the stock shocks right away, and as long as you rotate your tires reg. you don't really need a camber kit. It helps, but for 1.5 all around not needed. You don't need coilovers since it looks like you won't use them for the performance aspect. Also with the coilovers you will need new shocks, camber kit, and a alignment. Much more money, if you do it yourself it will take a good bit of time. Take it to someone else, costs you labor.