PDA

View Full Version : any HU that have amber background lighting?

Tenacious G
08-07-2003, 12:47 PM
i'm considering an aftermarket HU ... but i'm being difficult and want to keep a somewhat stock look. all the car audio guys i've talked to at local stores are complete idiots and offer zero help. for instance, i asked one guy at this place called Mobile One, and he showed me a kenwood that had blue/purple/pink/green. i then proceeded to ask if he was colorblind.

anyhoo ... if anyone knows of a HU that has a similar color to our stock amber lighting, please let me know.

i'm not looking for anything too fancy.

thanks for any help you can provide.

Greg

EViLsneakyDUCK
08-07-2003, 01:46 PM
I know alpine has units with the option of changing the unit to amber lighting...but those are in their high end units and are expensive. I know on the CDA-7995 (currentl priced at $300 on Crutchfield) and the CDA-9815 that if you hit certain buttons, they do turn amber until you hit another button. Im pretty sure the CDA-7998 has a permanent amber option.

Jpax
08-07-2003, 06:30 PM
well nak has the old school CD 45 you can get in amber matches good too, or you can get the Cd400 that is also nak, but you will have to shop around if your in that price range./

Z26
08-08-2003, 07:43 AM
The CD500 will be out soon. Green or orange and will play mp3's. The unit will look just like the cd400. Sould be on the streets in a few months.

fsugatorbait
08-13-2003, 03:01 PM
The Clarion 835 has over 700 different colors. Myself and a couple other guys on here have it and it matches almost perfect. I got mine off ebay when it came out for $275 shipped, in a sealed box.