PDA

View Full Version : I can't get my rear speaker cover off.

Mugen Power
08-07-2003, 03:52 PM
I have a rattle coming from my rear speaker(s) and want to tighten them up and sooner or later, switch them out for some aftermarket ones. The problem is, I can't pop out the cover. I've searched for threads and no one really gave a clear answer as to where to start. I can't even get the screw driver in to pry it open. Any tips?

Suk02Si
08-07-2003, 03:53 PM
Pop 'em out starting from the top. Pull the top toward you and then pull up.

jaydub
08-07-2003, 04:07 PM
Just so you know, it could actually be the speaker itself that is rattling. Mine was the speaker itself, so I put some foam around the speaker and put it back in.

Mugen Power
08-07-2003, 04:07 PM
So you just jammed a screw driver in there? I was afraid to force it too much cuz I didn't wanna ruin the cover. I have a towel between the driver and the panel so maybe that's why it's a bit harder for me...

Thanks for the help.:)

trk
08-07-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Mugen Power
So you just jammed a screw driver in there? I was afraid to force it too much cuz I didn't wanna ruin the cover. I have a towel between the driver and the panel so maybe that's why it's a bit harder for me...

Thanks for the help.:)

I pried the side of the cushion back a little ... and then stuck a money clip in the bottom of the plastic and pushed down .... pop.....

jaydub
08-07-2003, 04:28 PM
It's probably harder, but if you push the seat bottom down in the middle (near the center seatbelt) you'll see a bolt. Remove that (i believe it's 10mm) and the seat bottom comes out (pull toward the roof and it'll pop out.

Then you can get the grilles off from the bottom, so any scratches would be hidden by the seat bottom.

Si_eD
08-07-2003, 07:37 PM
i've found that there is actually a little indentation right inside of the bend on the front side of the panel. if i get a change maybe i'll post a pic later.

icegrill
08-07-2003, 09:14 PM
What the shit? There is a little notch on the top of the grille you just put a very small flathead screw driver wrapped in tap and pop the grille off. I think it might be easier than turning on the car;)

SiR Medic
08-08-2003, 04:56 AM
I used a butter knife!

It's a lot thinner than a flathead screwdriver, and if you wrap it in cloth, you shouldn't have to worry about scratching anything.

ssvr6
08-08-2003, 05:42 AM
Follow the how to on my site.

http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail.php?Tech_ID=EP_SPEAKER_INSTALL

http://www.k-series.com/Images/Tech/EP_SPEAKER_INSTALL/EP_SPEAKER_INSTALL-19.jpg

Steve

Zero Three Si
08-08-2003, 06:59 AM
What kind of speakers are you putting in there? I can't decied what speakers I want to get.

Mugen Power
08-08-2003, 08:57 AM
Hey, thanks for the tips. I looked all over yesterday and couldn't find an indentation so I wanted to know the best approach. I'll have to try again.