PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice: Traffic School or Not Guilty

younggotti266
08-07-2003, 10:49 PM
Okay i received a ticket for failure to stop at a stop sign about a month ago while driving my ep.....

should i just pay the traffic school fine $170 or plead Not Guilty?

Does anyone know if this is a easy ticket to get out of?

I did stop for like 1 second at a 4way stop then took off quick and the damn cop which was parked 2 houses in the direction i turned pulled my ass over...........

I asked if he could give me a warning and he said he couldn't because he had already ran it in his comp... <- which i beleive is just B.S., he probably had to meet his quota for the month

and the first thing he asked is if i had a license...not can i have your License,Registration,etc. <--which pisses me off, cause he's assuming i don't have it probably because i have a bald head and Mexican

oh yeah please no comments such as you made a mistake and you have to pay for it....cause that's just b.s.

Cops can run red light, make illegal u turns, run stop signs, basically do anything short of D.U.I. while in a police car and nothing happens to them.

Thank you for any advice positive or negative.

DX4U2NV
08-07-2003, 11:55 PM
deny everything :D. but seriously tho, you stopped. what the hell else are you supposed to do at a stop sign? :confused:

SiR Medic
08-08-2003, 04:09 AM
If you are really serious about this, talk to a lawyer... But that would cost you well more than $170...

If attending traffic school keeps your points and insurance low, I'd take that route.

If you do decide to "fight the power" you run the chance of the cop not even showing up to court, in which case you should be able to get off scott-free!

dchu
08-08-2003, 05:05 AM
If online traffic school is offered in your county then do it. Only costs $20 for the course and 15 minutes to complete.