PDA

View Full Version : help with apex rev speed meter install

Endersi2
08-08-2003, 11:40 PM
I just got the apex rev speed meter, and everything is great except for one thing-- I cant find any wiring diagrams for our k20a3 ecu. Ive searched and searched but I cant find a full diagram. If anyone has installed one, I desperately need the help of either a description of which wires to splice, or an actual ecu wiring schematic. Thanks alot

--ender

Endersi2
08-10-2003, 01:14 PM
Never mind its all good, Ill just find it out from the dealer or my local shop. If you guys need which wires need splicing, it me up.

Civicvtec1ps
08-10-2003, 07:40 PM
can you post some pics when you are done?

Endersi2
08-11-2003, 03:09 PM
yeah, Ill post pics of what it looks installed, and more importantly for future peeps in my predicament, Ill find out what wires exactly need splicing into.

Endersi2
08-16-2003, 04:56 PM
ok my hard work finally paid off

Endersi2
08-16-2003, 05:01 PM
ok my hard work finally paid off, I found the wiring diagram on apexi website under s-afc us update, or us update... can't remember. The bad thing is that its for the s-afc so the location of the speed wire is not on it. So, I went to the dealer and had a service tech photocopy for me the ecu wiring diagram schematic. So the speed wire location out of the ecu is pin A18, by the way its green and white, the only half green half white wire. So far, Im incredibly satisfied with it, it gives great accurate readings and times-- the lap timer is also a plus for auto-x. Only down side is it gives power in the form of ps, but it only adds to the jdmness.

Ender

Civicvtec1ps
08-16-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Endersi2
ok my hard work finally paid off, I found the wiring diagram on apexi website under s-afc us update, or us update... can't remember. The bad thing is that its for the s-afc so the location of the speed wire is not on it. So, I went to the dealer and had a service tech photocopy for me the ecu wiring diagram schematic. So the speed wire location out of the ecu is pin A18, by the way its green and white, the only half green half white wire. So far, Im incredibly satisfied with it, it gives great accurate readings and times-- the lap timer is also a plus for auto-x. Only down side is it gives power in the form of ps, but it only adds to the jdmness.

thanks for info. let us see some pics. where did you buy it ?
:D

Endersi2
08-17-2003, 12:37 AM
I got it at a local shop for 229 + 60 for g sensor, but I've seen it online for cheaper (there's a thread somewhere about this). I'll get around to posting pics sometime, have to find a digital camera. Any tonight, on some twisties I somehow pulled .89 g during a sharp right. In my opinion I like it better than the g techs I have seen because it directly wires into the car, not through a cigarrete lighter, which is taken up by a radar detector. All I can say is nice toy, seeing as it doesnt really add any power.