PDA

View Full Version : Alpine type R component??

RacingCivicSi02
08-10-2003, 01:31 AM
I found a very good price on these new. but i wanna know how great they are before i go and spend money on it. How are the alpine type r components and how would u rate them? and what should i use for the rear speakers also.? thanks

Hatch, Si Hatch
08-10-2003, 10:12 AM
I have the 6.5" Components up front(the ones with the seperate tweeter, woofer and crossover) and they sound really good, very clear, you hear things in familiar songs that you don't hear with stockies. Installation on these is a bit involved due to having to cut the doors and enlarge the stock tweeter housing.

For the rear I have the Alpine 6.5 Components with the inline crossover and the tweeter mounted with the woofer, they are a nice complement to the fronts.

I'm not sure what you are planning to push these with, I'm running a Alpine 5 channel amp, and I've heard that they like to have some power behind them to sound nice.

RacingCivicSi02
08-10-2003, 11:15 AM
thanks for the review

greenguy
08-13-2003, 05:47 PM
I also have a full alpine system:)
9815, F450 amp, Type-X comps up front, type-S in rear, and a type-R 12" sub ( that alpine makes) and I love my system!
Now the 9815 is not a plug and play unit. It is completely tweekable. The default settings on EVERYTHING is like 0! No middle ground so you must play with everything to get "your" sound. But the i-personalize is amazing.

Hatch, Si Hatch
08-14-2003, 06:23 AM
Yea, I looked at the 9815 and loved it, but after finding a good price on the 7995 I had to have it. You can see the the rest of my system in my other post, the only thing I left out was the Type R 10".

RacingCivicSi02
08-14-2003, 02:24 PM
how do you like the subs. and would it be a good idea to get 2 10" type r.

Hatch, Si Hatch
08-15-2003, 08:19 AM
I like the one that I have, it does pretty good, its not overly boomy, it has nice, tight bass. However, sometimes it does seem to get alittle over worked on really bassy soungs especially those that go really low, so I do sometimes wish I had 2 for that reason, but at the same time I don't want to weight the car down anymore than I have too, and I also like to keep alittle bit of my space back there. So if you don't care about weight and space then Yes two 10"s would be better, but for most songs my one does just fine. Also something that might be worth looking into is getting a single 12", that may provide a little better low end response, it will still take up more space due to the larger box requirements, just not as much as two.

DumbNewB
08-24-2003, 12:23 PM
If any of you have pics of the 9815 installed in your it would be apprectiated and also what do you guys recommend? the 7995 or the 9815? I already got the type r 12 inch and the mrd-m300 amp for it im just not sure what head unit would look better and sound better in my car.

btw do you guys think i got good prices on my amp and sub?
I got the amp for 210 and the sub for 120.