PDA

View Full Version : Si to CTR Suspension

spydur
08-10-2003, 02:29 PM
In anticipation of an upcoming Si purchase, I am trying to fiqure out what the best suspension improvements would be. Has anyone looked into using CTR Honda OEM parts to replicate a CTR suspension?

It seems as though this approach would be the way to go rather than mixing parts from different manufactures. As I understand it, the front sway bars and the shocks are the same, but the springs and the rear sway bar are different. The OEM rear sway bar is available from Pole Position Products. Does anyone know a reasonable source for the OEM springs along with any other CTR OEM suspension parts I may be overlooking?

SiR Medic
08-10-2003, 03:50 PM
With the money you'll end up spending, you might just save money and get better results by getting the Mugen suspension upgrade.

As a bonus... Mugen is JDM!

Suk02Si
08-11-2003, 10:33 AM
Actually, CTR uses 22mm sways in the front and the rear. Si uses 25mm up front because honda wanted to make it an understeering pig

GeNoZiDe
08-11-2003, 02:50 PM
i bought the CTR rear sway bar today for 155 Canadian at Speedstar (AJ Racing retalier)
cant install it for a while though becuz my car is in the shop LOL
so once its on i ll tell ya bout how it goes :)

The CTR is the same 22mm as the Progress but yet cheaper
weird eh?? they do the same thing im guessin

U sure the front CTR sway bar is 22 mm also? if so where can i get one of thsoe?? hehe

spydur
08-11-2003, 03:50 PM
The 2003 Si Brochure states that the Front Stabilizer Bar is 25.4 mm and the Rear Stabilizer Bar is 15.0 mm. I have a British CTR Brochure, but it doesn't state the front and rear stabilizer bar sizes (I hope to get the CTR suspension spec's from one of my English friends - upon it's receipt, I will post it here). Also, Pole Position Products has a JDM CTR 22 mm rear bar for $90.

FWIW, the Progress website states a 27 mm front and a 22 mm rear (the rear includes a chassis reinforcement brace)

Suk02Si
08-11-2003, 07:56 PM
Yeah both the JDM bar and Progress bar are 22mm. The JDM bar is hollow and hte Progress is solid (big difference) The 22mm hollow will flex a lot more than the solid.

spydur
08-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Are you sure the CTR bar is hollow? This seems like a strange design! I do know that the Progress rear bar has a special chassis reinforcement plate that the CTR bar does not have.

Suk02Si
08-12-2003, 12:09 AM
Yeah I'm sure its hollow.

Hotchkis uses the same design; they offer 1" front and rear sways

hotchkis (http://www.hotchkistuning.com/frames/01honda_civic/01-honda_civic.htm)

Silvershadow
08-13-2003, 08:24 PM
Front CTR bar ISN'T 22MM.We were mislead CTR shocks AREN'T Si shocks.There are a few chassis reinforcement pieces on the CTR.

civic hatch boi
08-13-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
Actually, CTR uses 22mm sways in the front and the rear. Si uses 25mm up front because honda wanted to make it an understeering pig

hahah suk, for some strange reason, that made me laugh ! haha

BlasTech
08-14-2003, 07:13 AM
My 22mm CTR Bar sure doesnt feel hollow. I remember hefting it around and clinking it to listen, and it gave me the impression it was solid.

If it really is hollow, its pretty thick-walled.

02SilverSiHB
08-14-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by BlasTech
My 22mm CTR Bar sure doesnt feel hollow. I remember hefting it around and clinking it to listen, and it gave me the impression it was solid.

If it really is hollow, its pretty thick-walled.
yeah, no kidding, you seem to do just fine at autoxing :D by the way, conekiller is gone for good, so he won't be at the next event...I was awaiting for you to end up beating him :D

BlasTech
08-14-2003, 08:35 AM
Damn, I'm gonna miss him. Hopefully he'll be back online soon.

02SilverSiHB
08-14-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
Damn, I'm gonna miss him. Hopefully he'll be back online soon.
well, I guess he's still here in Texas. I must have misread his email. I was in a hurry at the time. He'll be gone in time for the next event at the alamo dome unfortunetly. I wish I had known he wasn't going to make the next one, I could have at least bought him lunch at the last meet :D