PDA

View Full Version : Good Vibrations?????????

LACH
08-11-2003, 06:32 AM
Hey everyone my SiR has a little over 3000 kms on it and ever since I had her at around 110 klm and up it makes a vibration noise? Initally I thought it was perhaps a shifted belt in the tire but Honda checked it out and said the tires were fine. They were very cool about it but I am worried it could be something else.......anyone have any ideas what it is or is this a normal sound with our EP`s ??????

jayzsir
08-11-2003, 07:31 AM
I get the same vibration in the steering wheel at around 110 - 120km/hr but it's very minor. I also noticed that i get the same vibration at around 85km/hr in 5th gear. It's so minor that i don't want to get it checked out because i don't want the dealer to mess around with the car. I have a feelin it might be one of my wheel bearings because i have this noise when making a left turn going 15km/hr from the right front passenger side. Have to get it checked out.

2002 Silver SIR

Finger
08-11-2003, 07:46 AM
I've got the same vibe, i'm gonna get it checked at for the second time. In my case it seems lounder when the air is humid.

ephatchback
08-12-2003, 12:15 PM
I get a vibrating noise from the back at about 5-6k RPM every gear.

LACH
08-12-2003, 12:58 PM
well it seems like a normal thing i guess, its nothing major but its consistent at 110 klm and up just didnt want anything wrong my with new baby!!!!

SmoothOperator
08-12-2003, 01:00 PM
Maybe it's got something to do with your GFX kit. I don't seem to have any vibrations at all.

graham
08-12-2003, 01:23 PM
I am having a nasty time working out a small "pulsating" vibration when going over 90 kph ... of course, this is with my set of 15" Helium ... the stockers are perfect.

BUT - a word of caution to those who have purchased cars that have been sitting on the lot for a while - the tires flatspot very easily. I had my first set of tires replaced under warrenty.

jayzsir
08-14-2003, 05:54 AM
Graham how did you know your tires had a flat spot?

2002 Silver SIR

LACH
08-14-2003, 08:11 AM
good point about the tires! it almost sounds tire related not engine related

Finger
09-02-2003, 09:13 PM
Does it sound like it's coming from they antenna? I have a vibration at around 110 km/h, and sooner 80-90 km/h if the air is humid. I tough it might be the antenna but i removed it and it still make the same noise.
The dealer will try to fing what it is by masking taping air holes all around the car. They reproduced it in another SiR that was in for something else but the vibe was softer. Both car are stock and no GFX.
Thanks for the help.

Sorry for my bad english...:o

cmk05
09-03-2003, 10:19 AM
the americans seem scared off this thread by all the metric-speak

graham
09-03-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by jayzsir
Graham how did you know your tires had a flat spot?

2002 Silver SIR

hehe ... just saw this now ...

(stock tires) Well, when placed on the balancing mechanism, the flatspotting was noticable when turning the tire slowly. Not only was there a flat section on each tire, there were also little indentations within the flat section. I suspect my EP was placed on a gravel lot that had been recently sprayed with oil ... which is very effective for keeping the dust down, but not so good for rubber.

I did finally get my vibration problem figured out on my heliums + yokos ... it was fixed by a proper balancing job.

Cheers,
Graham

MrCivic03
09-03-2003, 12:46 PM
or maybe the americans si is not havin these problems maybe.