PDA

View Full Version : stolen si's

87gn
08-11-2003, 09:18 AM
http://gnttype.org/techarea/electrical/antitheft.html

ive seen alot of posts about people haveing there cars broken in to and stolen so heres alittle trick that i pucked off of a gn board, its a plug and play passkey. with out your "pas key" it would be pretty much imposable to start the car even if some one else had your ignition key.

TrippZ
08-11-2003, 09:24 AM
i dont understand electrical schematics, but that looks pretty slick anyway

thanks for the link!

someone should try this out and let us know how it goes ;)

DyNastySi
08-11-2003, 09:46 AM
Did anyone else not get an offer from their dealer for the oem fail safe alarm? Honda basically gave it to me and I save $50 from my insurance. Its almost the same as 87n is talking about. The car wont start unless you have the key in the ignition in the on position. After that you have to push a button that only you would know about.:o There have been many times where my friends wanted to drive my car. So I give them the keys and they come back saying somethings wrong with my car it wont start. Then thats when you yell "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY CAR".:mad: Make them feel bad till there bout to cry. Then start your car and watch them make the :eek: face.

Jodster
08-11-2003, 09:52 AM
:D :D I'm going to show them my :eek: face.:eek: :eek: :D :D

potator
08-11-2003, 10:13 AM
:eek: :D

DX4U2NV
08-11-2003, 12:26 PM
good idea. part of the reason that these "highly technical" :D diagrams may be confusing is that the diagram of the second plug should be flipped horizontally... whoever follows that to the last letter will be preeeeeetty screwed. Trippz, if the plug looks confusing, check the back of your computer. you have one. it's probably labeled "Serial I/O".;)

IceD out N CALI
08-11-2003, 12:49 PM
cool:cool:

87gn
08-11-2003, 03:31 PM
Its almost the same as 87n is talking about. The car wont start unless you have the key in the ignition in the on position

ive got something simlar to that on my camaro and several of my newer buicks but this is totally diffrent.

this is a female connector that you mount under the dash and you carry a male connector that you plug in to the female connector to complete the circuits. you can disable about any thing you want to like the fuel pump or ignition :D

to sum it up you find the wire that disables your fuel pump and then cut it in half, then you connect one end of that wire to a port on the female connector lets call this circuit 1 on the first disgram
and then the other end to a random port also in the female connector this being the second circuit 1 in the first diagram

THEN you take the male connector (diagram 2) and solder a wire from each of the corosponding prongs so that when the "pass key" is pluged in it completes the circuit and the fuel pump is enabled. if you notice in diagram 2 that theres a upside down U shape marked circuit 1, thats the wire that you complete the circuit with.

its pretty simple really, even if a theaf finds out about the pas key he could trace all the black wires back and rewire the computer harness but i would imagen that he would not want to be laying under the dash for 2 hours spliceing wires back togeather:D

Lynx
08-11-2003, 08:22 PM
2003's have the imobalizer with a programed key.? Arent they all this way.

siver-SI
08-11-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Lynx
2003's have the imobalizer with a programed key.? Arent they all this way.

The problem as has been the keys getting stolen then the EP is getting stolen. We are trying to find away around the keys so they are not the only secuity thing to the car.

I use a fuel shut off in racing my other cars and I think this is a good idea. I would think a switch some where in that cubby hole under the stick shift or the one below the cup holder with that felt self would do good. That way if you know you are going to be at a mall or something like that and even if they try to over ride the key security (witch from seeing some of the stuff at my work if you have the money this can be done with stuff that you can buy and is not illegal to sell) then the car would start for a few seconds with the remaining fuel in the lines and then it would stop and would not restart with out the fuel pump.

DX4U2NV
08-11-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by siver-SI
then the car would start for a few seconds with the remaining fuel in the lines and then it would stop and would not restart with out the fuel pump. could this damage the car? i'd imagine that when you get back to the car you're gonna need to sit for a while with the starter going to get new fuel in the lines...

BSEVEER
08-11-2003, 11:11 PM
I don't think you would have to turn the engine over to pump fuel with an electric fuel pump.

Civic03Si
08-11-2003, 11:19 PM
Dude if i had this in my car before it got stolen it would have been funny, looking at the guy stealing my car sitting there and trying to start it and have nothing happen. I would have been laughing and shaking my head while i called the police. Good post.

87gn
08-12-2003, 01:24 AM
could this damage the car?QUOTE]

it wont hert the car, infact thats a really easy way to depresurize the fuel system when your swaping fuel rails or fuel injectors:D

[QUOTE]i'd imagine that when you get back to the car you're gonna need to sit for a while with the starter going to get new fuel in the lines...[/

with the old style fuel pumps like whats on carburated cars you would have to turn the car over a bit to get the fuel to flow but it wont hert any thing. with a electric fuel pump on the other hand as soon as you turn the key on to the "on" position the fuel pump will run for 3-4 seconds and prime the fuel system.

i have a fondness for q-jets but alot of younger people have never even driven a carburated car, that kind of shocks me sence the last carburated car was a olds 307 back in 88. getting back to the point, its funny watching some of my friends TRYING to start any one of my old cars:D they just set there and "GERERERER GERERERER GERERERERER damned pos GERERERER "try pumping the gas" PUMP PUMP PUMP VROOM" hehehe

tuneing carbs is becomeing a lost art, heck most of these kids cant even start a carburated car:D

87gn
08-12-2003, 01:33 AM
http://gnttype.org/techarea/electrical/antitheft2.html

this is another so called "simple" kill switch BUT it uses a magnet to activate a reed switch so that you can enable your fuel pump with a swipe of a magnet over a certin part of your dash

on a side note it can be used to disable more things then just the fuel pump