PDA

View Full Version : Gettin ready to take it in for work.

STP03BlueSI
08-11-2003, 10:06 AM
Ok i have had my Ep for 2 weeks now and already found some warrenty stuff.

1) The seats have Vacume lines(some dumbass in the detail dpt there vacumed the backs of the seats.). The salesman told me to "rub" at the lines..well did no luck.

2) I have a dimple on the dash. I have read that other people have had it and they had to replace the whole dash.

3) I was lookin under the hood and looks like i am missing a valve cover bolt!. It is on the back side of the cover on the passanger side. Ne one else had this???

4) i know this is my fault. I picked it up with 22miles on July 31. and well i now have 845miles on it. I do love to drive it..but is that high for a car that young?? I work 25miles one way to my job on wed and friday and the otherdays it is 10miles..But this weekend i put 200 miles on it. Should i let the "break in" miles go to 1000 and higher?

5) What is a good gas to put in the car? I have been filling up with Cheveron the lowest one i think it is 84(Florida).

6) Ok oil..i know this has been talked about but is Syntech worth the money??

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

mhx
08-11-2003, 10:15 AM
sup mr anal?

iVtec si
08-11-2003, 10:18 AM
your engine should be broken in by now. and I would wait till about 6-10k to switch to a full synthetic blend, go get an oil change at like 1000 mi and then the 2nd switch to a synthetic blend. then next oil change full synthetic (mobile1). once you go full synthetic shouldn't switch back, I would just buy cases of the oil and do it you self.

STP03BlueSI
08-11-2003, 10:45 AM
is synthetic worth it in our cars?:confused:

Gasp23
08-11-2003, 11:05 AM
That bolt that you are talking about it's normal. None of the EP3, Si or SiR will have it. I remember when I first saw that I was like :eek:

ep pilot
08-11-2003, 07:20 PM
I think I have the dimple on the dash, mine is near the right side of my stereo on the dash itself, very small, almost like a pin hole. It doesn't bother me anymore though, and I don't want anyone taking my dash apart unnecessarily.

I noticed when my car was new it had 65miles on it. My ABS control module was loose, barely hanging in place, I tightened it up when I got home. My driver seat is a little loose, the back rest portion, when I stop, it move a bit forward.

My car had a few scratches hear & there, I buffed and clayed it myself look golden now.

I think you are just a bit anal right now, it wears off in about 6 months. I was very much like yourself, then I realized after 6 months that I purchased this car for my "workhorse" the only thing that really buggs me right now, is that my tires are almost bald, and I have a few nasty rock chips on the hood from being behind SUV's and City trucks on the highway.

-Ryan