PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a Buddy Club front like this?

beansbear
08-11-2003, 11:44 AM
Anyone else have a Buddy Club front like this?

http://hisurf.com/~scott/civic/buddyfront.jpg

I'm just curious because this is the first time I have seen this front end...

BarracksSi
08-12-2003, 12:21 PM
I don't have any kit, but I just had to say that I really like how this one looks.

So many kits have all these unnecessary swoops & things, but this front end looks like it's there for three reasons: air around the car, air to an intercooler, and air to brake cooling ducts. If I had the mechanicals, I'd love to have a bumper like that.

Si Death
08-12-2003, 02:41 PM
hey beansbear can u post more pics of ur car???:*

liljosh63
08-13-2003, 10:18 AM
that looks just like every other buddyclub kit that i have seen. whats the difference?

Kwazie
08-13-2003, 11:39 AM
whos car is that?? that buddy club kit does look different.. it can fit the OME grill looks good :p i likes....

Mugen_EP
08-13-2003, 11:44 AM
That is the same BC kit everyone has. There is a BC2 kit though.

You can see both the BC and BC2 here.

http://www.aspecmotorsports.com/02to03civicsi.htm

beansbear
08-13-2003, 11:54 AM
Hate to burst your bubble but they are different...

http://hisurf.com/~scott/civic/buddyfront2.jpg

http://www.jethobbies.ca/DSC00032.JPG

ssvr6
08-13-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by beansbear

http://hisurf.com/~scott/civic/buddyfront2.jpg

http://www.jethobbies.ca/DSC00032.JPG

How? They look the same to me.

Steve

Brettnyt
08-13-2003, 12:05 PM
You mean the upper grill? I see a lil difference there, but thats about it...

Mugen_EP
08-13-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by beansbear

Not bursting my bubble....your the one looking for the kit:D

I guess I see the SLIGHT difference in the angle of the grill. It does change the look of the front though.

jerky
08-13-2003, 12:15 PM
yeah the grills are totally different. didn't see it at first though. the black one looks way better.

beansbear
08-13-2003, 12:19 PM
Not looking for the kit. I have the kit.
The front bumper is about 2" shorter at the space between the top grill and bottom.

The top grill is angled ala RSX. I just wanted to see if anyone else had this kit or is it just me.

NamingException
08-13-2003, 01:56 PM
I like it! What's it made out of? If I had an intercooler to keep a breeze on I might consider it, even though I'm not really hot on body kits.

beansbear
08-13-2003, 04:12 PM
it's made of fiberglass.

Kwazie
08-13-2003, 05:29 PM
can i ask you where you got your kit from... and is it the usdm bumper or the jspec bumber.... i kinda like the one on the black one cuz it fits the ome grill or sorta looks like it can:D

Si Death
08-13-2003, 07:33 PM
Beansbear do you need ctr rebars for that kit or does the usdm bars need to be shaved down, etc etc. Or did you have the rebars totally removed?????

btw i like ur buddy kit better than the ones without the dipped grille.:p :p

beansbear
08-13-2003, 08:26 PM
no rebar. thats what im afraid of...
im afraid that when i get the JDM rebar it wont fit this kit because it is different than the USDM rebar.
the USDM rebar didnt fit with the kit and it is currently in my garage collecting dust.

Waiting for Showstoppers to get the JDM rebar and to respond to my post about what this front end is...

Si Death
08-13-2003, 09:02 PM
argh so u DO need a jdm rebar for the buddy club kit, bahhhh
seems like the kit is gonna have to wait a while, aint got the $$$
to do it right at once if im gonna need front and rear rebars.

Si Death
08-13-2003, 11:57 PM
beansbear do u have the buddy club replica or the hardcore expensive real thing buddy club that only fits jdm bumper supports?

Mugen_EP
08-14-2003, 12:06 AM
There are replica JDM versions so he may have that one and thats why he cant use his USDM bumper supports.

Kwazie
08-14-2003, 11:26 AM
where you got the kit from and how much it costed if you dont mind me asking? i really like this one better other then the one on the white one:p

beansbear
08-14-2003, 11:33 AM
i got the kit from Showstoppers. I ordered a Buddy Club JDM style replica kit.

But what you see is what was shipped to me. The rear and the sides are buddy club but the front is not.

The USDM rebar will not fit with this kit nor the replica JDM kit. You need the JDM rebar if you want to be totally safe or have your body shop weld on some metal bars for you.

I live in Hawaii so Rocky or Chuck had to do some special deals to get it shipped here. im sure it will be cheaper for you folks...

I love showstoppers! I just wish I had gotten the buddy club kit i wanted :rolleyes:

i didnt realize it was different until after it came back from the body shop and i was staring at it in the garage and wondering why it looked so different and how i was gonna mount a license plate to the front. Then i ran in the house and looked at Rockys pics and realized they were different!!!!

Si Death
08-14-2003, 12:57 PM
beansbear can u post more pics of ur car at the members section, that will be so kool thnx :):)

ShowstoppersUSA
08-16-2003, 01:13 PM
Yo Scott! That's a BC kit from one of the new manufacturers of the kit. It's a new grill design which I think looks waaay better than mines. But anyways, the JDM re-bar is still going to fit with your bumper. Take a look at the CTR bumper, and it's exactly the same grill as your bumper. The JDM re-bar is going to go in between the headlights, not where you think it's short. I think you can fit your stock grill in there as well. No worries man, and the re-bars should be in soon. I'll let you know as soon as we get em!

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

P.S. Sorry for such a late response :(

beansbear
08-16-2003, 06:04 PM
thanks Rocky!

Si Death
08-16-2003, 07:43 PM
How much are the CTR rebars??????

Kwazie
08-17-2003, 06:12 PM
i have a question.... if that can fit the stock grill we have.. cant it fit the mugen sports grill :p .... if it can that would be hella sweet ;)

HondaDOHC161822
08-17-2003, 07:04 PM
I LIKE... im might have to collect my moneys and buy that kit... if i buy the kit from u guys (showstoppers) can i definetly get that front bumper?

HondaDOHC161822
08-17-2003, 07:06 PM
AND sorry to repost but buddy club and buddy club 2 are two totaly different companies... the buddy club 2 kit is not made from the same JDM buddy club company... It is made somewhere in florida... SO I AM TOLD

SmoothOperator
08-17-2003, 10:27 PM
I'm all over this. I think this "rsx" style front looks AWSOME. Too bad I can't afford a kit till next season. It'll be a long winter :mad:

buildtunerace
08-28-2003, 12:10 AM
I have to agree with everybody who's said that your kit looks better.

Honestly, until recently I haven't been very impressed by the Buddy Club kit. I thought it was a little lacking, and that RSX-ish grill is exactly what it needed.

I may have to pick this kit up myself in the near future.